What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Okay so I am just packing my hospital bag just now (just got the actual bag yesterday :blush:), I don't want to take loads 'cause i'll have both my OH and my mum there and plenty of people who live near the hospital who can drop things off if need be. Is there any other essentials anyone can think of that i've missed? I intend to formula feed and i've already checked that the maternity ward give out formula, nappies and cotton wool. Eeeek it all seems so real now LOL!

-breast pads
-toothbrush
-maternity pads
-deoderant
-toothpaste
-shampoo/conditioner
-hairbrush
-bobbles
-body wash
-sponge
-face wipes
-make up :haha:
-lip balm
-towel
-carrier bag
-antibac gel

For baby:
-3 vests
-3 sleepsuits
-3 hats
-scratch mittens
-coming home fluffy bear suit :D
-teddy bear
-blanket

For moi :):
-3 tops
-2 bottoms (soft joggies/jammies undecided lol)
-2 zippers
- 2 nighties
-10 pairs of black pants :haha:
-slippers
-socks
-handheld fan
-book
-camera
-change

I haven't added food or drinks but 'cause what I want changes every two seconds LOL :haha: x

Just a couple of things I didn't take which I wish I had, nighties instead of pj's. Only took 1 nighty to give birth in then I could only wear my pj tops as I was loosing blood and didn't want them constantly covered in blood, and I wish I'd been prepared with nipple cream. They are just getting better now but were do soar to begin with. Lansinoh is the best. A little expensive but so worth it.xx

For UK ladies, what are nappies, baby grows, and vests?? I've just been wondering these things for awhile! I plan on starting my bag in about two weeks when I am done moving and all i see are things I don't quite understand what they are for baby on the threads about hospital bags!

For UK ladies, what are nappies, baby grows, and vests?? I've just been wondering these things for awhile! I plan on starting my bag in about two weeks when I am done moving and all i see are things I don't quite understand what they are for baby on the threads about hospital bags!

Nappies ~ diapers
Babygrow ~ erm not sure what you call it but an all in one with poppers from foot to head lol
Vests ~ something that goes under the babygro, usually poppers at the bottom and short sleeved

Hope this helps :thumbup:

EDIT: thought these might help

Babygro
https://www.mygiftworld.co.uk/user/products/large/BabyGrowPink_P071002.jpg

Vest
https://991.com/NewGallery/Led-Zeppelin-Baby-Grow-Pink-423297.jpg

Nappies ~ diapers
Babygrow ~ erm not sure what you call it but an all in one with poppers from foot to head lol
Vests ~ something that goes under the babygro, usually poppers at the bottom and short sleeved

Hope this helps :thumbup:

EDIT: thought these might help

Babygro
https://www.mygiftworld.co.uk/user/products/large/BabyGrowPink_P071002.jpg

Vest
https://991.com/NewGallery/Led-Zeppelin-Baby-Grow-Pink-423297.jpg

Thank you soo much!! Now I can understand why people are bringing so many "vests" lol I googled it and literally vests popped up, I didn't think that people would need that many. So in our terms-onsies and footies/sleepers :)

so a sleeper is a baby gro? or a vest? confused lol.

But yes we usually tend to buy loads of vests coz from past experiences when baby has a loose poo it tends to seep out the leg n onto the vest - EWW lol so we change them more than the baby gro's lol

Thought this might help some people who're unsure of what to pack still for baby's bag.

In it is

- The bag (obviously lol)
- 6 x SMA ready milks and teats (incase my hospital no longer supplies and/or can't breastfeed)
- 3 x newborn vests
- 3 x newborn sleepsuits/all in ones.
- 1 x newborn pair of socks (my boys had really cold feet)
- 1 pair of booties
- 3 dummies/soothers (just incase, but would rather she didn't have them)
- 2 x scratchmitts
- 2 x bibs (not essential, but 'just there')
- Baby wipes (hospital supplies cotton wool balls, however used wipes with both my boys and they were fine)
- 16 x nappies (No idea how long I'll be in, partner can bring in more if needed)
- 2 x 0-3 month vests (incase she doesn't fit newborn)
- 2 x 0-3 month sleepsuits
- Coming home outfit :)

Snowsuit is not in the picture, but in the carseat ready, same with blanket (nice thick fleecy one)

https://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp149/starxmaterial_x/Babybag.jpg

These may have been mentioned already but just a few extras:

Nail file incase you break a nail - don't want to be scratching baby!
Flannel(s) for mopping your face with cold water while in labour
A dark coloured towel - doesnt take up much space at the bottom of your bag but better than a scratchy NHS one.
Plastic bags for dad to take home dirty clothes/towel etc
Anti-bac hand gel (especially for visitors)
Dettol wipes (I'm a clean freak and will wipe everything down!)
Fold-up mat from your changing bag
Nappy bags if you're taking disposables with you
Nice soft tissues - will probably be lots of tears!

Thought this might help some people who're unsure of what to pack still for baby's bag.

SO jealous of your Yummy Mummy bag! :thumbup:

In it is

- 6 x SMA ready milks and teats (incase my hospital no longer supplies and/or can't breastfeed)
- 3 x newborn vests
- 1 pair of booties
- 2 x scratchmitts
- Baby wipes (hospital supplies cotton wool balls, however used wipes with both my boys and they were fine)
- 16 x nappies (No idea how long I'll be in, partner can bring in more if needed)

Snowsuit is not in the picture, but in the carseat ready, same with blanket (nice thick fleecy one)

does all of that fit in your bag??

Is it bad that I am considering taking my roll on bag that I fly with? It has a lot of pockets, and space. I can fit the diaper bag inside, that way I only have to have my husband remember to get 1 bag.

In it is

- 3 x newborn vests
- 1 pair of booties
- 2 x scratchmitts

Where did you buy your sma ready bottles and teats from, i havent seen these around?

thank you

Id recommend calling your L&D unit and asking what they normally provide, I did this and it cut down a few things off my list to pack since they provide it already (roomy underwear, maternity pads..etc).

Another thing i didnt really think about is a hair dryer (they don't have those obviously) i guess some ppl wont care if they dry their hair or not after a shower but mine would curl/friz so i'm going to bring a hair dryer and shower flip flops too!

I also changed the PJs i'm bringing from comfy pants to 2 nursing nightgowns, since it makes sense that they'll be coming in to check you down there a lot and there will be bleeding, so pants would get in the way! A few other things I just added to the "usuals":
-lanolin nipple cream
-soft socks AND slippers
-my own face & shower towels
- robe

really need to get a bag lol i just dont want to spend 30 quid on a bag i will use once lol

Mumanddad you can get the ready made bottles from boots asdas and i think babies r us . They cost just under £18 for 12 bottles x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->