What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

really need to get a bag lol i just dont want to spend 30 quid on a bag i will use once lol

I've just used a sports holdall for my things and the nappy bag for LO. Wouldn't dream of buying a bag for £30 (but then I'm probably tighter than your average mum-to-be)

really need to get a bag lol i just dont want to spend 30 quid on a bag i will use once lol

I've just used a sports holdall for my things and the nappy bag for LO. Wouldn't dream of buying a bag for £30 (but then I'm probably tighter than your average mum-to-be)

im glad someone else on here is tight too, sometimes people list things they have bought and how much they paid, and im left thinking woah why didnt you use a discount code? or i could have got you that for half that price, or why the hell did you waste your money on that?:blush::haha:

im using my changing bag for babys bits, plus a carrier bag in the car for his coat and going home outfit, but i dont own any bags big enough to use,

oooo actually i have a huge nike ruck sack somewhere, that might do :)

Roughly how many breast pads and maternity pads do you expect to go through roughly?

i went through a full pack of mat pads in one day, i am going to take a few packets to be on the safe side, but not sure on breast pads

Ive spent quite a bit on my baby changing bag. The way i see it - it will be with me EVERYDAY so i wanted a pretty one which is well made :) x

Well i have packed the babies bag so here goes

• 3 * vests
  • 3* babygrows
  • 1 * going home outfit
  • snow suit
  • 3 * scratch mits
  • 1 * blanket
  • 3 * bibs (not sure these are needed as i am breast feeding??)
  • 20 * newborn nappies
  • 1 * pack of wipes
  • 1 * sudocrem - only a little pot
  • 3 * muslin squares

i think that is everything i have packed.

Is there anything else i have missed??

i know it's way early for me but i got to thinking about this the other day! US moms, what do you pack? I have no idea at all but i think US hospitals supply alot more?

• 3 * vests
  • 3* babygrows
  • 1 * going home outfit
  • snow suit
  • 3 * scratch mits
  • 1 * blanket
  • 20 * newborn nappies
  • 1 * pack of wipes
  • 3 * muslin squares

Little hats?
Cotton Wool?

(oh and I see you are from Peterborough, will you be going to the new Bretton hospital?)

• 3 * vests
  • 3* babygrows
  • 1 * going home outfit
  • snow suit
  • 3 * scratch mits
  • 1 * blanket
  • 20 * newborn nappies
  • 1 * pack of wipes
  • 3 * muslin squares

socks?

• 3 * vests
  • 3* babygrows
  • 1 * going home outfit
  • snow suit
  • 3 * scratch mits
  • 1 * blanket
  • 20 * newborn nappies
  • 1 * pack of wipes
  • 3 * muslin squares

Little hats?
Cotton Wool?

(oh and I see you are from Peterborough, will you be going to the new Bretton hospital?)

im from peterborough too, but i refuse to use our hospital so im using huntingdon :)

• 3 * vests
  • 3* babygrows
  • 1 * going home outfit
  • snow suit
  • 3 * scratch mits
  • 1 * blanket
  • 20 * newborn nappies
  • 1 * pack of wipes
  • 3 * muslin squares

Little hats?
Cotton Wool?

im from peterborough too, but i refuse to use our hospital so im using huntingdon :)

Sorry to hi-jack but I'll be going to Hinchingbrooke too. Had dd1 and dd2 there and its been all updated since then too. Just hope the privatisation doesnt change it too much.

• 3 * vests
  • 3* babygrows
  • 1 * going home outfit
  • snow suit
  • 3 * scratch mits
  • 1 * blanket
  • 20 * newborn nappies
  • 1 * pack of wipes
  • 3 * muslin squares

Little hats?
Cotton Wool?

Sorry to hi-jack but I'll be going to Hinchingbrooke too. Had dd1 and dd2 there and its been all updated since then too. Just hope the privatisation doesnt change it too much.

from what i read online the privatisation should be a good thing but they always say that even when its not lol, but what ever happens im sure it will remain better than pboro lol

did you get to use the midwife led area?

My son died in hinchenbrook due to neglagence!

Hence why trying peterborough, a friend has just had her baby in peterborough (the new one) and they where great with her x

i have 3 hats too and i cotton wool sheets i forgot to put them in my list. I think thats it for baby.

Its good to see some other ladies from the same area :D

Someone asked if it was weird to take a roll on luggage to the hospital. That is my plan honestly. I don't have a bag big enough for myself AND OH so I will be combining our things into my small rolling luggage and packing babys things in his diaper bag (when we get it).

I was recently at the hospital I will give birth at because my SIL gave birth to my niece :cloud9:. It looked like they supplied diapers and wipes. There was also a bag for SIL that we went through and found these giant diaper looking pads for mom as well as the normal long thick mattress ones. There were also cute, boyshort looking disposable panties in there too and the squirt bottle to squirt down there after birth. SIL ended up with an emergency c-section but still made use of most of those items. I think my niece also got a hand crochet hat from the hospital as well.

All of these are really good ideas!! I need to find a corner somewhere in my apartment to start collecting items that will go into the bag...eeek getting close!!

I think this is a brilliant thread!! I have my bags all sorted but I have decided to add a little miniture bottle of Peach Schnapps and white lemonade as a little celebratory drink!! :dance:

This is my first baby yay :hugs:

I onky live around the corner from the hospital so if i forget something it will only take 10 minz for someone to go and collect, i will be starting to get some bits and bats next week wheni hit the 31 week, so exciting

https://direct.asda.com/george/GRG_CA_HOSPITALLIST,default,pg.html

i just thought id share this list from asda,

I packed 3 vests and 3 sleepsuits, ended up for 48 hrs, should have packed more they last 1 day!!

I would pack a spare t-shirt and deodorant for hubby as my friend gave birth at 12.50 and when visitors arrived, her dh still had the gunky stuff from baby all over his t-shirt and was quite frankly whiffy after her 18hr labour!

I know they don't do the hard work but thought it was a nice thought!

For those of you in the UK when you say vests, I'm not sure what you mean. Please explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->