What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

For those of you in the UK when you say vests, I'm not sure what you mean. Please explain.

They are talking about onesies. :thumbup:

Those in the us... We seem to stay in the hospital a lot longer but our hospitals supply more things. Mine provided all the diapers I could possibly use, wipes, pads, mesh undies, peribottle, clothes and blankets for baby during hospital stay, thermometer, nose sucker, breast pump, etc. So I needed less baby clothes than most in the uk take. I only took one coming home outfit and it was enough. I brought a few burp pads which came in handy the day we were going home and fed a bottle vs. Syringe of colostrum)

My hospital gave me a bag of stuff like shampoo, lotion, chapstick, etc. They had plenty of blankets and pillows for me and dh. They had pre made formula there we could use.

So I am bringing pjs or comfy pants and Tshirts for after delivery.
Phone, camera, chargers
Food And drinks for during labor for dh so he doesn't have to leave the room
Present for big sis
Wipes for me ( loved these with first labor as I was having a clean out during induction)
Minimal makeup
Brush and ponytail holders
Glasses, contacts supplies, deodorant
Baby book
Bras for during labor and after
Socks, slippers
Flip flops for wearing home ( being induced made my feet swell way up)
Toothbrush and paste
For dh- tshirt and socks, deoderant, pajama pants for staying overnight, contacts stuff, glasses

For baby - going home sleeper and 1 onesie, a few burp rags, fingernail clipper

Carseat and baby blanket leaving in the car til ready to go home

For those of you in the UK when you say vests, I'm not sure what you mean. Please explain.

Judging by your screen name, Id say you live not too far from me lol! Is Winie Palmer your go-to place? I am debating hospitals :wacko:

maternity pads
are 3 for 2, 99p a pack , 10 in pack
in superdrug

i saw them today and thought id mention it

They are talking about onesies. :thumbup:

Those in the us... We seem to stay in the hospital a lot longer but our hospitals supply more things. Mine provided all the diapers I could possibly use, wipes, pads, mesh undies, peribottle, clothes and blankets for baby during hospital stay, thermometer, nose sucker, breast pump, etc. So I needed less baby clothes than most in the uk take. I only took one coming home outfit and it was enough. I brought a few burp pads which came in handy the day we were going home and fed a bottle vs. Syringe of colostrum)

My hospital gave me a bag of stuff like shampoo, lotion, chapstick, etc. They had plenty of blankets and pillows for me and dh. They had pre made formula there we could use.

So I am bringing pjs or comfy pants and Tshirts for after delivery.
Phone, camera, chargers
Food And drinks for during labor for dh so he doesn't have to leave the room
Present for big sis
Wipes for me ( loved these with first labor as I was having a clean out during induction)
Minimal makeup
Brush and ponytail holders
Glasses, contacts supplies, deodorant
Baby book
Bras for during labor and after
Socks, slippers
Flip flops for wearing home ( being induced made my feet swell way up)
Toothbrush and paste
For dh- tshirt and socks, deoderant, pajama pants for staying overnight, contacts stuff, glasses

For baby - going home sleeper and 1 onesie, a few burp rags, fingernail clipper

Carseat and baby blanket leaving in the car til ready to go home

thanks daisybee! I keep looking to see if anyone in the US would post their list as most of the stuff is supplied by the hospital here!

Love the asda little angels stretch mark cream ladies-and its cheap!

Have made a similair thread in the 'caesarean section'

Anyone that has had/or is having a csection ~ Please share your 'what to pack list' :flower:

https://www.babyandbump.com/caesarean-section/878237-hospital-bag-pack.html

I am in the US. My hospital that I am delivering in supplies most of the necessary things for mom and baby as well. They even give you a gift as their way of saying "thanks", it's a diaper bag with onsies, receiving blanket, and a hat (other things but I can't remember what's in it), it looks really cute too! This is awesome. So I really do not need to bring much baby supplies, just the car seat and a blanket.

Miscellaneous things I'd bring are:
- Hair brush and hair barrettes/clips
- deodorant, shampoo, conditioner
- ice pack to reduce perineal edema/discomfort
- snacks and water bottle
- phone charger and my phone which I'll use to phone family, to take pics, and record videos
- mp3 player for relaxation music
- travel size makeup bag

And that's all I will take with me really....

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure all of this has already been mentioned but I wanted to share with you the things I found absolutely essential for my hospital bag last time:

1) Maternity Pads - lots and lots (I bought 3 x pack of 10 and had used 2 packs before I gave birth purely on my waters! Take 4 packs at least would be my advice!)
2) Big comfy knickers x 10 (you will get through a lot of knickers!)
3) Lots of sweeties like jelly babies to nibble on during labour and to keep energy up plus 4) Lots of drinks with straws (I took 6 juice cartons and finished them all during labour as I was dehydrated and had to keep drinking all the time)
5)Food for post labour (I was absolutely starving and although you get tea and toast and meals I was famished and wanted to eat lots of biscuits!)
6)Tens Machine (The MOST essential bit of labour kit for me - it worked wonders)
7)Baby clothes in 2 different sizes i.e., newborn and 0-3 months (my DD was only 6lb 13oz and we all thought she was going to be massive so NONE of the clothes I brought in for her fitted and my Mum and hubby had to do emergency shop for 'tiny baby' clothes :haha:
8)At least 3 nighties/pj's - I got through two in labour alone with waters and blood and stuff so you need a third for post labour unless you want to wear the uncomfy hospital ones!
9)Some magazines/books - the first couple of days you're in hospital baby sleeps quite a lot and inbetween visiting times when you're not sleeping you can feel a bit bored.

I hope that helps some of you ladies, I'll certainly be sitcking by this list this time round! :)

x

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure all of this has already been mentioned but I wanted to share with you the things I found absolutely essential for my hospital bag last time:

1) Maternity Pads - lots and lots (I bought 3 x pack of 10 and had used 2 packs before I gave birth purely on my waters! Take 4 packs at least would be my advice!)
2) Big comfy knickers x 10 (you will get through a lot of knickers!)
3) Lots of sweeties like jelly babies to nibble on during labour and to keep energy up plus 4) Lots of drinks with straws (I took 6 juice cartons and finished them all during labour as I was dehydrated and had to keep drinking all the time)
5)Food for post labour (I was absolutely starving and although you get tea and toast and meals I was famished and wanted to eat lots of biscuits!)
6)Tens Machine (The MOST essential bit of labour kit for me - it worked wonders)
7)Baby clothes in 2 different sizes i.e., newborn and 0-3 months (my DD was only 6lb 13oz and we all thought she was going to be massive so NONE of the clothes I brought in for her fitted and my Mum and hubby had to do emergency shop for 'tiny baby' clothes :haha:
8)At least 3 nighties/pj's - I got through two in labour alone with waters and blood and stuff so you need a third for post labour unless you want to wear the uncomfy hospital ones!
9)Some magazines/books - the first couple of days you're in hospital baby sleeps quite a lot and inbetween visiting times when you're not sleeping you can feel a bit bored.

I hope that helps some of you ladies, I'll certainly be sitcking by this list this time round! :)

x

Thats so helpful!! Thanks so much for sharing :thumbup:

I have a first time mummy stupid question...

I bought vests with poppers are they the same vests that people talk about putting under babygrows? So would baby usually be wearing two lots of poppers or is that the wrong kind? Should I have bought vests without poppers? Not that I saw any?>

I bought vests with poppers are they the same vests that people talk about putting under babygrows? So would baby usually be wearing two lots of poppers or is that the wrong kind? Should I have bought vests without poppers? Not that I saw any?>

I got the same ones too. :thumbup:
The vests with no poppers can ride up under the babygros as far as i know.

I got the same ones too. :thumbup:
The vests with no poppers can ride up under the babygros as far as i know.

Thanks I just wasn't sure if I'd bought the wrong thing (like I say I never saw any vests without but it looks weird having two things on with poppers) ah well I'm sure I'll make many errors...too many poppers on one outfit will not be a big deal lol :haha:

It JUST occured to me that my baby is waiting for me to pack my bag before he comes!! Here I am putting it off and there he is just sat in my tummy saying "hurry up mummy I'm bored of waiting for you to get your butt into gear!"

:D Off to do it now!

Nursing pillow, I wish I had brought mine!

I was just going to add this to the thread as I found my feeding pillow so useful in hospital to help position the baby correctly. If you are going to breast feed it'll be a great help.

It JUST occured to me that my baby is waiting for me to pack my bag before he comes!! Here I am putting it off and there he is just sat in my tummy saying "hurry up mummy I'm bored of waiting for you to get your butt into gear!"

:D Off to do it now!

this is exactly why i dont want to pack my bag until im ready for baby to arrive lol, i feel like its tempting fate

what are you going to be packing in your bag?:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->