What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Ladies, I cannot express to you how important snacks are! Either your own snacks or plenty of vending machine change. My OH is the biggest whiner when he is hungry. He gets cranky and moody. If I pack anything in my hospital bag, it will be snacks for him. Also, I had an episiotomy with my first child and wished I had a better catch all than the sanitary napkins the hospital provided. I will be taking some depends. Just because I really dont want to have to deal with worrying about anything. I want to be able to focus completely on my baby. Im 31 weeks and am so anxious to get to the finish line but I feel like if I pack my bag too soon that I will just go that much longer because I am already prepared, but then Im afraid if I dont pack it soon that Im gonna go into early labor and be screwed. Aggh! These horomones are reapin havoc on me today!!!

SORRY if this has already been said....
we were informed yesterday that you even need to take in your own top n tail bowl - surely they'd supply things like this?
What is a top n tail bowl? Just curiouus. If its a new gadget that makes life easier, I want to know about it! : )

It's a small plastic basin with 2 sections.. You fill with water and use one section for baby face and one for the bottom! X

31 weeks and slowly putting together my personal hsp. bag
That's things for mum only because baby's things will be in a separate bag.
I've got
  • breast pads
  • lots of sanitary pads
  • lip chap stick
  • roll on deodorant
  • face wipes
  • 2 packs of 4 cheap knicker packs

I need to find a couple of nursing night gowns though, any body got any suggestions? Didn't want to spend to much because people keep telling me it'll just get ruined :(
Have yet to include snacks, money, phone, music, magazine etc.

This might not be needed but I'm having a water birth and I'm investing in an inflatable bath pillow x

You only should have a small bag for labour packed but like a dressing gown is taking up a whole suitcase already...?

I haven't read every message in this thread so apologies if I'm repeating but I'd suggest arnica :)

Seriously need to get organised soon. I'm 32 weeks now. When is everyone packing their bags?

You only should have a small bag for labour packed but like a dressing gown is taking up a whole suitcase already...?

I've bought a thin one so that it doesn't take up that much room, also it might be hot in hospital x

I've bought a thin one so that it doesn't take up that much room, also it might be hot in hospital x

alright... sorted then as the hospital I am going into is too hot! So I put it into my maternity ward bag because I am always too warm anyway.

When i had my first, someone gave me a good tip:

Pack an extra bag with extra underwear/nightwear/daywear and extra stuff for baby and leave it at home. That way if you have to stay in hospital longer than anticipated and you need clean/more bits, tell your other half just to bring the spare bag in. That way you'll have the stuff YOU want and not what the other half thinks you want.

Good luck everyone!

I don't know if anybody else has already mentioned this or not because I haven't read through all 120 pages but I'll be packing a cheap pair of flip flops to wear when taking a shower after having the baby.

When i had my first, someone gave me a good tip:

Pack an extra bag with extra underwear/nightwear/daywear and extra stuff for baby and leave it at home. That way if you have to stay in hospital longer than anticipated and you need clean/more bits, tell your other half just to bring the spare bag in. That way you'll have the stuff YOU want and not what the other half thinks you want.

Good luck everyone!

I thought of doing that:thumbup: maybe getting the bag left in car boot in case I need the stuff whilst in labour

Just wanted to pick up on a point back on like page 20 something (i've been reading through)

For those who want to take chargers and hair dryers and straighteners etc You'll probably be told you can't. Some were on about taking them anyway. The reason you can't is because you legally have to have all electrical equipment PAT tested to prove its safe for use in a place like a hospital. If you take and use them anyway and something goes wrong and it blows a fuse or what not, being linked to the electrics it could also cause problems with other hospital equipment linked to the same system. Therefore you'd be responsible for any damages or loss of use of equipment. x

Is anyone else taking a small suitcase (on wheels) instead of a bag?

I have put all of baby's things into her changing bag, but mine won't fit in an overnight bag.. the dressing gown, (although a thin one) takes up so much room! xx

Hi, im taking a small suitcase with wheels. Its ideal as it fits all my things in. I have a smaller bag for babies clothes. Ive more or less packed mine but still need to add a couple of things. I had my little girl at 36+3 so wanted to be prepared. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->