What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Mine is all packed too! Just sitting in the corner of my room waiting for me to go into labor... ](*,) (wishing that would happen now..)

Oh God *panic* I haven't even got a hospital bag yet let alone the stuff that goes in it!!!

Thank you sooo much for this thread lol

All the little stuff is packed for me... i have everything I think but I would just like to wash it first (new pj's, nursing bra and babe's clothes). I have to get this done tomorrow, thats my plan! I know I am still "a long ways away" and could be completely wrong, but I'm starting to feel pretty uncomfortable and some pain down there... I just have this feeling I need to get my s*** together now! esp cuz i got a 2 hour drive once I know we need to go.. just wanna chuck it in the car and be gone!

I started! We're only 5 mins from the hospital so I think that's why I'm so chiled with it. I did start collecting bits yesterday.

I don't know how much of everything to take. Pants, pads etc. I suppose I'll keep a selection of stuff together at home for DH to collect if needed.

I need to do this asap! I keep putting it off thinking I have plenty of time but in reality I kinda dont lol! Maybe I will do it today....hmmm!

is there any need for a hooded towel in LO's bag for the hospital?

Not really. The nursers will bathe the baby for you and provide the towels but Im sure if you want to bathe the baby yourself and use your own towel they would probably let you!

Ok I think I have my bag packed... can anyone let me know if I'm missing anything??

slippers
fuzzy socks
nursing bra
button up nighty top
button up pyjama set
*looking for my "silky" robe! arg might not need it tho cuz pj's have long sleeves*

short sleeve nursing top
long sleeve nursing top
long sleeve maternity shirt
black stretchy wide leg yoga pants
black draw string lounge pants

28 overnight-super-maxi pads
4 nursing pads
4 pairs of panties
1 black wash cloth
bag of nickety nacks (mini pit stick, lotion, body wash, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, gum, essential oils, mini hair spray, elastics, bobby pins, head band, shampoo & conditioner, cash & change, foundation, blush & mascara, nail file)
pen & paper (not sure why but others lists say so :haha:)
ipad / phone / charger in easy access and will be coming too, will get some mags

*debating a towel wrap in case of shower for pain? and bikini top? might take out mini shamp body wash & cond fm hosp bag and put it in my hotel bag cuz we'll be up in a hotel as soon as possible after cuz we cant go home... too far until MW makes sure baby is putting on weight.. *

think i'm covered??

**more nursing pads to go in hotel bag.. like a boxful

Snacks/energy drinks, lip balm and straws!

Otherwise seems good.

Ive been working on mine, so far this is what I have for the baby.

-2 going home outfits
-2 receiving blankets
-2 white layette shirts
-3 oneses, 2 white, 1 red
-2 hats
-1 pair of socks
-package of pacifiers
-polka dot pillow case with his name on it
-stuffed giraffe to put in his crib at the hospital (for fun)

https://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg598/Grace_Reynolds/DSCF8525_zps8bba2938.jpg

sticking an extra pair of headphones in there too! and i do have a couple gatorades and those cheese & cracker handi-snacks :) definitely have vending mach change in there too. whew. now time to pack babes bag!!

edit - make that "clear" gatorades so in my already dishevelled after-birth pics i wont have a purple or blue mouth too :haha:

I'm having a c section. So what type of material of the nightdress be? Silk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->