What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

This is so stressful! I'm not that close yet, but I can't decide on what goes in mine! LOL

Don't be taking in to many breast pads, they will only take up unnecessary room. my milk didn't even come in until i got home, im only taking in some homemade ones and some of the hydra gel ones (to help with healing) because iv been there with paper nipple pads sticking to raw scabby bloody nipples! - wouldn't wish that on the devil!

Im going to pack mine in the next few days, but need to get some slipper socks and new leggings, cant be arsed with slippers lol

Don't be taking in to many breast pads, they will only take up unnecessary room. my milk didn't even come in until i got home, im only taking in some homemade ones and some of the hydra gel ones (to help with healing) because iv been there with paper nipple pads sticking to raw scabby bloody nipples! - wouldn't wish that on the devil!

Im going to pack mine in the next few days, but need to get some slipper socks and new leggings, cant be arsed with slippers lol

I've have to wear breast pads every day and I know once I start feeding LO I will definitely need them more and will probably be changing them a lot! :wacko:
They do take up a lot of space but I'm not sure if hospital provides those so I'm going there prepared.. I hope I brought enough to be honest! :haha:

Ok I think I have my bag packed... can anyone let me know if I'm missing anything??

slippers
fuzzy socks
nursing bra
button up nighty top
button up pyjama set
*looking for my "silky" robe! arg might not need it tho cuz pj's have long sleeves*

short sleeve nursing top
long sleeve nursing top
long sleeve maternity shirt
black stretchy wide leg yoga pants
black draw string lounge pants

28 overnight-super-maxi pads
4 nursing pads
4 pairs of panties
1 black wash cloth
bag of nickety nacks (mini pit stick, lotion, body wash, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, gum, essential oils, mini hair spray, elastics, bobby pins, head band, shampoo & conditioner, cash & change, foundation, blush & mascara, nail file)
pen & paper (not sure why but others lists say so :haha:)
ipad / phone / charger in easy access and will be coming too, will get some mags

*debating a towel wrap in case of shower for pain? and bikini top? might take out mini shamp body wash & cond fm hosp bag and put it in my hotel bag cuz we'll be up in a hotel as soon as possible after cuz we cant go home... too far until MW makes sure baby is putting on weight.. *

think i'm covered??

**more nursing pads to go in hotel bag.. like a boxful

Looks good! I just love the way you were thinking out loud in that post haha!

Umm this might be a stupid question on my side but if milk doesnt come in until you go home why the scabby painful bloody nipples? *scared* :blush:

Victoria Secret lotion!! Sounds silly but I want to smell nice after just giving birth lol ;)

Victoria Secret lotion!! Sounds silly but I want to smell nice after just giving birth lol ;)

I totally hear you on wanting to smell nice but unless i'm dreaming, i swear i've read your supposed to stay as "natural" as possible so baby can smell his/her momma... stinky as that may be :haha: buuuttt what do i kno, i'm a FTM myself haha. an depending on where you're giving birth, hospitals are normally scent free zones (that I know cuz i've worked in them) :flower:

I totally hear you on wanting to smell nice but unless i'm dreaming, i swear i've read your supposed to stay as "natural" as possible so baby can smell his/her momma... stinky as that may be :haha: buuuttt what do i kno, i'm a FTM myself haha. an depending on where you're giving birth, hospitals are normally scent free zones (that I know cuz i've worked in them) :flower:

Interesting! Thanks for the heads up on that one :thumbup:

I really wanted to bring a candle to the hospital lol just so I can have a relaxing smell if I wanted one.. but I'm guessing the hospital won't let me light a candle...

I really wanted to bring a candle to the hospital lol just so I can have a relaxing smell if I wanted one.. but I'm guessing the hospital won't let me light a candle...

i debated the same thing but prolly not... whats your fave scent?? i've got a little "to go" case of essential oils in my bag :) if its something easy like lavender you like u can get a bottle of that? or mix up ur own little concotion? I have mint and lavender, plus a coupe other "pre-blends" that are for like colds / sinuses but i couldn't care less what their "for" as long as they smell nice! that way hopefully i wont get in s*** cuz no one else will smell them but me :) ill hold the bottle up to my nose or put it on a cloth like ether :haha:

i debated the same thing but prolly not... whats your fave scent?? i've got a little "to go" case of essential oils in my bag :) if its something easy like lavender you like u can get a bottle of that? or mix up ur own little concotion? I have mint and lavender, plus a coupe other "pre-blends" that are for like colds / sinuses but i couldn't care less what their "for" as long as they smell nice! that way hopefully i wont get in s*** cuz no one else will smell them but me :) ill hold the bottle up to my nose or put it on a cloth like ether :haha:

I know its cliche but I really like French Vanilla! And there's this blue candle in my room called snowflake or something but it smells really good and I'd take that one with me because it reminds me of home! Oils is a good idea.. but knowing me I'd probably go to smell it and spill it everywhere and stink up my whole room for the rest of my stay there.. :dohh:

I know its cliche but I really like French Vanilla! And there's this blue candle in my room called snowflake or something but it smells really good and I'd take that one with me because it reminds me of home! Oils is a good idea.. but knowing me I'd probably go to smell it and spill it everywhere and stink up my whole room for the rest of my stay there.. :dohh:

I would say bring the candle but don't light it! you can still hold it up to your nose if you need a whiff of home :D If its a big candle, pour some melted wax into a small container and bring it :flower:

if you did go the oils route, the good thing about essential oil bottles (well all the ones I have ever had anyway) is that they are near impossible to spill! Its hard enough to shake a drop out never mind spill it... this is coming from a notorious klutz :haha: if the bottle says its pure essential oil, I'm almost willing to guarantee all the bottles are like that, since such a small amount it required for use for whatever reason :)

I would say bring the candle but don't light it! you can still hold it up to your nose if you need a whiff of home :D If its a big candle, pour some melted wax into a small container and bring it :flower:

if you did go the oils route, the good thing about essential oil bottles (well all the ones I have ever had anyway) is that they are near impossible to spill! Its hard enough to shake a drop out never mind spill it... this is coming from a notorious klutz :haha: if the bottle says its pure essential oil, I'm almost willing to guarantee all the bottles are like that, since such a small amount it required for use for whatever reason :)

Hmm good to know about the oils, and that's a great idea about pouring that wax! Just might try that if I get bored later... :flower:

Ok I think I have my bag packed... can anyone let me know if I'm missing anything??

slippers
fuzzy socks
nursing bra
button up nighty top
button up pyjama set
*looking for my "silky" robe! arg might not need it tho cuz pj's have long sleeves*

short sleeve nursing top
long sleeve nursing top
long sleeve maternity shirt
black stretchy wide leg yoga pants
black draw string lounge pants

28 overnight-super-maxi pads
4 nursing pads
4 pairs of panties
1 black wash cloth
bag of nickety nacks (mini pit stick, lotion, body wash, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, gum, essential oils, mini hair spray, elastics, bobby pins, head band, shampoo & conditioner, cash & change, foundation, blush & mascara, nail file)
pen & paper (not sure why but others lists say so :haha:)
ipad / phone / charger in easy access and will be coming too, will get some mags

*debating a towel wrap in case of shower for pain? and bikini top? might take out mini shamp body wash & cond fm hosp bag and put it in my hotel bag cuz we'll be up in a hotel as soon as possible after cuz we cant go home... too far until MW makes sure baby is putting on weight.. *

think i'm covered??

**more nursing pads to go in hotel bag.. like a boxful

Had to update incase anyone is looking at this thread for ideas...

I did not use anything but gum and my toothbrush!! Oh my phone charger too and a fresh change of clothes with nursing bra to leave but thats it. I had a bag packed to the gills, zipper bursting, and didn't use any of it. Now I have to friggen put it all away haha whoa I packed a lot! My hosp provided basically everything and I was in way too much pain to want/need anything else out of my bag.

I used straws, energy drink, rehydration drink, lip balm, energy bar for after. Tooth brush and face wash. Didn't use shower gel as natural scent is best for bonding.

TENS!!!!!! Best thing ever!!!! Used from early on, on low setting very gradually increased intensity. Boost during contraction.

I liked high waisted leggings for going home in/after with cosy jumper. My stomach felt strange, I liked having the slight pressure.

We were in a birthing centre so just stayed over night. Put pj bottoms on but then just skin to skin.

For baby we used, 1 nappy, 1 vest, 1 sleepsuit, cardi, hat (2 a thin one for after birth and thicker one for going home in), 2 blankets, one knitted for going home/extra warmth, one cellular. 2 Muslins.

Not using baby products yet.

I'm not sure yet but this topic really help me. Thank you :)

A friend advised me before I went in hospital to have my first to have rolled up socks, for squeezing!! They did help actually when my hubby needed to give his hand a rest ;)

Also, if you get the option use one of the hospital's gowns for birthing. Definately don't use your new breast feeding nightie - you may feel like you want to burn it after the birth!!

aside from the basics I am taking my nook, chargers, and music to help keep my calm in theory

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->