What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

WOW that is a very long list! you will be unpacking for a good hour when you get back home lol

What I am going to do is take just baby wipes instead of face wipes because you will be needing them anyway. Basically try to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak :thumbup:

wow i didnt realize how much stuff id have to bring with me, but there all pretty obvious, altho i have a feeling that as soon as i think labour has started il be out the door so quick il probly forget the suitcase and hubby:flower:

I'm sorry if this question has been posed before, but is the list different in the US vs the UK? on my hospital tour, they said they would give all the pads, baby sacks, etc.
Also, I've read a few pages back and saw someone say their milk didn't come in until after getting home. If this is the case, do you just give the baby formula at first? Does anyone know if they allow that in the US? My cousin told them she was breast feeding her LO, and they blocked her from all formula at the hospital. Her baby had jaundice and she couldn't make enough milk to flush it out. It was a bad scene.

I'm not sure about differences in the UK vs. US, but my hospital (US) provided pads, diapers, wipes, etc :) All I really needed for baby was clothes.

I thought I would need SO much stuff, and to be honest, I only opened my suitcase once to grab my toiletries and slippers. I wore the gown they gave me (and asked for clean ones when I showered), and otherwise didn't need most of the stuff I brought. I think it would be different if I'd been there several days, but in 24 hours I could have managed with my purse :dohh:

I'm sorry if this question has been posed before, but is the list different in the US vs the UK? on my hospital tour, they said they would give all the pads, baby sacks, etc.
Also, I've read a few pages back and saw someone say their milk didn't come in until after getting home. If this is the case, do you just give the baby formula at first? Does anyone know if they allow that in the US? My cousin told them she was breast feeding her LO, and they blocked her from all formula at the hospital. Her baby had jaundice and she couldn't make enough milk to flush it out. It was a bad scene.

Your breasts produce colostrum for a couple of days before breastmilk comes in. The colostrum is the best stuff - it has natural antibodies in it to protect your baby. Your baby will not need formula just the colostrum which will eventually turn to milk within 2-4 days after delivery.

I hope ive packed enough of everything. althought im waiting until i get packed next week to buy 2 new nighty's because they are loose and have buttons on the front i do hope there still there when i go into lol

A good cream or natural remedy for hemorrhoids.

You definitely wanna check with your birthing center or hospital what they provide and don't. I know the hospital I'm gonna give birth at provides pads, diapers, wipes etc. as well. So I only need snacks for me, baby's clothing, a camera and chargers. Maybe mp3 player and some magazines.

Boy....I don't even know where to begin. I feel like I am not ready to start packing my bag till at least 36 weeks. Just can't believe how time is flying. :-/

Thanks for this thread.... I need to start getting my bag in order so this really helps :)

Cool thread, excited to pack my bag now. Been making lists :)

My bad mostly packed, just a few bits to finish off! :) Trying to be organised! :blush:

I'm trying to sort my hospital bag- here's what I have so far. Do I need anything else? I'm based in the UK.

Me:
2x pjs
1 front opening night dress
Socks
Dressing gown
Slippers
Toiletries- deodorant, toothbrush, face wipes, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, moisturising cream, lip balm, hairbrush, makeup
Glasses, contacts and solution
Massage oil
Tens machine (to get)
Towel
Nipple cream
Arnica tablets
Snacks (to get)
Clothes to go home in
2x nursing bras
Loads of pants
Maternity pads
Breast pads

Baby:
Cotton wool balls
Baby wipes
Nappies
Nappy sacks
Nappy cream
3x vests (2x newborn 1x0-3)
3x sleep suits (2xnewborn 1x0-3)
1 jacket
2x mittens
2x hats
2x socks
1x booties
1 blanket
6 Muslin squares

Do I need to bring milk and bottles for baby just in case I can't breast feed? Or would they have this at hospital

Do I need to bring baby bath products?

Anything else???

My Hospital asks you if you want to use their standard baby bath items, or use your own. We are using Burt's Bees, and obviously bringing our own.

I'm bringing my own products for my baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->