What type of Birth did you have? (with your youngest)

Vaginal Delivery, was pretty straightforward Liam was a week early, waters went at 12am Sunday morning, started having light contractions about an hour or so later but didn't go into established labour till about 10am. Had Liam at 1.41pm. Just had Gas & Air. Did lose a lot of blood after I delivered the placenta though and was very close to having a blood transfusion but thankfully I was okay. Had a small tear but nothing major. All in all I was really happy with my birth experience :)

Forceps delivery and an epidural that only worked on one side!!! agony...

Ventouse delivery as madden was beginning to get distressed and he also got a bit stuck!

I had a vaginal delivery with forceps also with an epidural! x

I had a semi elective semi emergency c section as Owen had no fluid around him, wasn't growing properly and was breech, So was in hospital for 3 days before having him having steroid injections :-(

Very similar to me. Ive classed mine as scheduled but it was only decided 5 days before. Leo had stopped growing at 32 weeks so they admitted me to the ward at 33+6 on the thursday, gave me steriods and delivered him Monday at 34+3 x

I didn't know which one to pick in the poll because Ike's birth fits 3 of them. Vaginal delivery, vaginal delivery with epidural (which didn't work) and assisted vaginal delivery (ventouse).

Which ever finally got baby out so for you it will be Assisted vaginal delivery :thumbup:

I had a vaginal delivery with gas and air. I had a 1st degree tear as she came quickly and can't wait to do it again and hope I'm just as lucky and have a great labour with this lo.

Vaginal birth with gas and air and para-cervical block. I had meant to use my tens machine but I forgot all about it on the day!

I can't vote since I have had 3 but I'll just say it

1st vaginal birth with epidural
2nd emergency c-section
3rd vbac with epidural

4th should be vbac water birth at birth center

normal vaginal delivery, latent phase of labour 28 hrs, 4 hrs est labour, 40 mins pushing

Emergency C-Section after 10hrs. Babys heart rate went up to 200 and odd and brow presention at 7cm

After being induced 8 days late much to my dad happiness as LO was born on my dads bday xx

LO was emergency c-section after i developed pre-eclampsia and HELLP, his HRdropped too though.

was started 4 days after my due date , was in labour for 5 hours , pushed for 15 mins & had gas & air , only required one stitch due to a labial graze ! very lucky for my first birth , glad it went well

Vaginal delivery with epidural. My labour was bliss and I loved every minute of it. No pain at all. I got sick of people telling me to do it without the epi....it doesn't make you a martyr for going without the meds, so I may as well be comfortable and enjoy the birth!

My labour was 9 1/2 hours from start to finish.

So interesting to see that results. not many elective/scheduled csecs!!

For those who feel they cant vote coz they have more than 1 child, ive changed the title to it being the birth for your youngest :flower:

I am really impressed by the number of women who had a vaginal delivery without an epidural! Makes me feel like such a wuss :haha:

I am really impressed by the number of women who had a vaginal delivery without an epidural! Makes me feel like such a wuss :haha:

:smug: :rofl: i didnt have time for anything other than gas and air!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->