What type of Birth did you have? (with your youngest)

Vaginal delivery with no pain relief except a hot water bottle! I probably would have had gas but the whole thing happened so fast that by the time we made it to hospital I was ready to push.

With my youngest I was supposed to have a planned csection at 34wks but they tried to hold me off for an extra couple of weeks and I ended up with an emergency csection (ie a 'you are going to theatre *now* we can't wait for your OH to get here' emergency one) due to fetal distress at 35+0

I'd been in hospital for 2 weeks under very close monitoring by this point due to constant contractions so my consultant wanted to keep a very close eye on me due to the fact I had an abruption with my first baby and by this point she wanted me on CTGs at least twice a day to keep a very close eye on Iona due to her having severe iugr due to a chromosome abnormality.

I had planned c-section, as I dont trust my body much... Turned out LO likely wouldn't have survived had we not. Not only was her umbilical tightly around her neck, it was highly anemic (maybe knotted somewhere, or just pinched off a little from around her neck). So we'd have had an emergency c-section, and she had extremely low chances in that situation...
My doc had tried to not let me have a c-section, and after delivery, he thanked me for it, and claims I must've had a premonition. :winkwink:

I had a really fast uncomplicated unmedicated vaginal delivery. I was so lucky.

natural birth, at home, laboured in water, no drugs about 6h over all

Vaginal deleivery, not time for pain releif, gutted.. 9lb 5 later, i was quite proud of myself.

I had an emergency c-section - although it wasn't quite an "emergency" as I went into labour 4 weeks early and only then did we find out LO was breech. As my waters had broke there was no other option than a c-section so it was just a matter of waiting for theatre.

All in all, I found it very straightforward as I experienced some labour but didn't have the whole - going through all of labour only to have to have a c-section at the end.

Emergency C-sec - i laboured for 21 hours before they decided to go to theatre. I was honestly relieved as i was a shaking mess, no way could i have pushed baby out in that state!

Vaginal induced delivery.
Induced on the 2nd March at 7pm, started mild contractions on 3rd at 11pm, but 3 am on the 4th March, was down in labour suite having my waters broke.
Had a few minor problems along the way and my gorgeous 9lbs 12oz baby girl Danielle was born at 10.10pm on the 4th March, on my 21st birthday.
I had 6 failed attempts of epidurals, the 7th one worked, and assisted with gas and air.
3rd degree tear, and 3rd stage afterbirth took 55 mins to come out. had to go to theatre to be 'repaired'. i think that was the most horrible thing, was going into theatre on my own.

Would do it all over again everyday!

ventouse
hoorendous experience im never going to repeat again

both were vaginal deliveries with G&A. arrived at hospital 2 hours prior to giving birth with both :flower:

Vaginal Delivery
Third degree tear
Restitched 10 days later after it opened
Epidural that fall out 6hrs before delivery despite me saying. They only looked, after the delivery!
One week in hospital after they didnt check the strep b results before i was admitted, thus LO had a week of tests and IVs.

Started off as a home birth!

I had a vaginal delivery with only gas and air.
I was in labour for just 8 hours and only pushed for 20 mins. But I tore and grazed quite bad because things happened so fast and ended staying in hospital for a week due to blood loss.

I would still do it all again tomorrow given the chance.

I was really lucky LO was a week late started getting contractions at 4pm had him by 10:50
Pushed for about one hour delivered with only gas and air which I thought was great lol

I wanted a med free vaginal delivery... but ended up with an EMCS.

If I would have known I would have had a Csection...I would have got the epidural so much sooner! I was 8cm when they put in the epidural and I went into surgury. All that pain could have been avoided lol.

I was in labor for 37 hours...no fun. He was born at 40+1.

Vaginal delivery. 3 days early labour. Pethidine at 3cm then gas and air from 7cm :)

Established labour 3 hours 2 minutes, 57 minutes pushing, 38 minutes third stage

Emergency c-section after a failed induction due to insufficient pelvic space resulting in severe fetal distress.

That's the medical term anyways, lol. I was too small and my LO couldn't take it anymore. :(
I was in labor for 32 hours.

Both vaginal deliveries

1st: Established labour 20mins, pushing for 1min - no meds
2nd: Established labour 10mins, pushing for 2mins - G&A when Doctor was checking blood oxygen levels (not so much for the pain, more for the fact I had 12 people looking up my lady bits while legs in stirrups :rofl:)

1st - 2 days slow labour, followed by 15 hour labour, baby back to back, g&a not working, failed epidural, ventouse delivery & 3rd degree tear. Born at 40 weeks exactly.

2nd - 4 hours start to finish, g&a, no time for water birth! 2nd degree tear born at 39+2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->