What type of Birth did you have? (with your youngest)

My waters broke then 2 hours later I was trollied off to thetre as my lo was an undiagnosed footling breech.

Home water birth - amazing and will most definitely do it that way again.
Established labour 7 hours, pushed for 20 minutes and 3rd stage was another 20 minutes.

Emergency section. In labour and wanting to push but baby was undetected breech, so rushed straight through to theatre. Wasnt nice at all, very scary experience :(

Induced at 2:30pm, waters broken 6:15am the next day. Pitocin drip 5 hours later so dilated very quickly and with no pain relief. Pushed for a long time before being advised to have assistance - vontose (sp?) failed, and Finley was delivered by forceps. It was carnage lol.

Vaginal delivery for me but then had retained placenta. Boo!

I got to 8cm on just G&A before LO's heartrate dropped so was rushed to Theatre for Emergency Forceps. Was in labour for only 9 hours. Feel proud of my labour. Shame Isaac was 5 weeks early. Weighing a chubby 6lb 14 ;)!

I got to 8cm on just G&A before LO's heartrate dropped so was rushed to Theatre for Emergency Forceps. Was in labour for only 9 hours. Feel proud of my labour. Shame Isaac was 5 weeks early. Weighing a chubby 6lb 14 ;)!

I still can't get over your LOs weight. Everytime I see it I smile :lol: My LO was born at 40+3 and he weighed less (6lbs 8.5oz) :rofl: I was told he was smaller in weight though because of my PPROM and Oligohydramnios.

I had an emcs after failure to progress past 2cm xx

1st. Labour naturally started with waters breaking. Started with G&A then morphine, this stopped my contractions so had the hormone drip and an epi. Pushing for well over an hour and vaginal delivery with no assistance. Total 12 1/2 hours from waters breaking.

2. Labour started off after a sweep. Emergency home birth with no pain relief. Didn't make it to hospital as lo was born 5 mins before paramedics arrived :lol:

vaginal delivery after 80 hours, did it only on some gas and air towards the end. i was stuck at 8cm for several hours though, as she was back to back, so had my waters broken, which is when it got painful as she was turning. had a retained placenta though.

vaginal delivery after 80 hours, did it only on some gas and air towards the end. i was stuck at 8cm for several hours though, as she was back to back, so had my waters broken, which is when it got painful as she was turning. had a retained placenta though.

I applaud you! Well done! Thought my 22 hr back to back was bad enough!

I was induced at 42weeks! 48hour labour in total! Gas and air from beginning to end, tryed the pool but didn't like it! Felt like the water was really pushing me down when I had a contraction. Once the midwife broke my waters it just all went wrong from there, 2 epidurals, first one only numbed my right side and the second one fell out??? Then got a temp and infection so couldnt re site! Was pushing for an hour I think but he was stuck so had forceps delivery!! All in all not the best experience n very painful but all worth it in the end!! The labour didn't bother me to much but the delivery was just brutal! :)

I applaud you! Well done! Thought my 22 hr back to back was bad enough!

thanks:D it was an interesting few days :wacko: but i have to say, i am rather proud of myself that i actually did it!

Very easy about 5 hours total, no drugs or interventions. I credit studying the hypnobirthing book & raspberry leaf tea!

I had a natural drug free home birth, it hurt like a bitch at the time but was amazing!

i had a very different labour with my youngest and much easier than my first 2.

my first 2 labours were identical, both labours were inductions, required a 4th pessary as they werent working, drips to speed up labour and antibiotic drips, waters artificially broken, 2 days labour, epidural, pethidine, gas and air.

i was dreading my 3rd being the same but couldnt be more different :)

went into birth centre after a day of moderate discomfort at 5.30pm, found i was 9cm dialated, had him an hour and half later, born in his waters in birth pool, only had gas and air. i was let home same eve at 11.30pm. it felt surreal but was a great experience :)

I was induced - had a super heavily medicated delivery which ended in ventouse assisted.

Didn't put me off though, LOL.

I would have had an epidural if there had been time but Louie was in a rush and popped out 20 minutes after I got in delivery suite! Was shaking so much for ages afterwards at the shock of how quickly it all happened :wacko:

Second was a million times better! First was pitocin, epidural, forceps. Second was a planned home birth but had to transfer with meconium in water but all was fine and born writhing 15 mins of getting to hospital! Vaginal delivery with tens machine and gas and air in ambulance. Despite not getting my hb I'd do it all again tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->