What were YOU supposed to be called?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Phantom, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Phantom

Phantom Mommy

Anyone have any stories about what your parents were thinking of naming you before you were born?

My mom wanted to call me Bianca but my dad said it was a "hooker's name". :dohh: My mom also like Tara but again... daddy thought that sounded too hookerish too! So I got stuck with Nicole because he wasn't aware of any hookers with that name. :haha:

2. Sophie1205

Sophie1205 Mum to 1 and WTT

My mum and dad were originally going to call me Stacey, but my mum went off it because of a character on a TV show xx

3. AFC84

AFC84 Mama to One + Bun :)

Narelle apparently...I'm glad I got Tamsin instead!

4. malia

malia Pregnant with #1

Well mine were expecting a boy so I was meant to be Andrew :haha:
    When I was born my dad wanted to call me Rebecca but my mum won and chose Helen :(

5. Waiting2bMommy

Waiting2bMommy Levi and Jax's Mommy!

My parents thought I was a boy too and I was supposed to be Chayse. Then I came out a girl and mom wanted Corinne but dad didn't so I became Whitney Corinne.

6. RubyRainbows

RubyRainbows TTC Baby#2 Since Oct/2009

They had the names Ginger & Theresa in mind for me -- somehow they ended up naming me Tamara (nn. Tammy). This is surprising to me tho -- since my parents don't strike me as the type that would choose such a unique & uncommon name, especially back in the day!

7. SweetJennie

SweetJennie Missing my Angel

I was either going to be a Jessica or a Jennifer if I was a girl or Christopher if I was a boy. Glad they went with Jennifer! lol

8. crazykewl

crazykewl TTC w/ PCOS

If I was a boy it was going to be Dallas, but they got me so Im here as Jessie-Lyn :D

9. alexalomb

alexalomb Guest

Yolanda apparently

10. discoclare

discoclare Well-Known Member

My dad wanted to call me Allie after Allie McGraw, but my mum didn't like it and picked Clare instead. If I was a boy I was going to be Stuart. None of them are very good choices IMO!

11. Lauraxamy

Lauraxamy Well-Known Member

If I was a boy John after my Dads Dad that died a year or so before I was born, then for a girl I'd either of been a Laura or a Rachel and I ended up a Laura!

12. crazy mummy

crazy mummy Well-Known Member

My mum wanted to call me Lucy and my dad wanted to call me Francesca, they had a huge row about it and when dad said to his friend what would you call a girl he said Kelly and dad said that will do (really), I later got told by my mum that she hates my name always has and I can change it if I want, I was going to be Christopher had I been a boy

13. PrincessJenna

PrincessJenna Well-Known Member

I was Christopher if I was a boy & Roseanne if a girl luckily Mum changed my her mind when I was born to Jenna

14. JessdueJan

JessdueJan Well-Known Member

I was going to be Matthew had I been a boy.
    Dad wanted to call me Poppy when I was born but mam wasn't keen and they settled for Jessica :) I'm glad they did, I don't think I'd suit being a Poppy...

15. Hollys_Twinny

Hollys_Twinny Well-Known Member

If I was a boy, I was going to be Wesley.

16. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

I was going to be called Annette then they changed it to Anneke which is said Anneka. Its a mix of my dads dutchness and my Irish grans name.

17. msdizzydolore

msdizzydolore Missing in Action

My father's name is Bobby Lee...but for some strange reason family and friends called him Horace. I still have no clue WHY.

Sooooo...when my mom got pregnant with me...she was going to name me...wait for it...

HORACETINA :growlmad:

I don't know why she changed her mind...but thank God she did. She named me after her, Dolores.

18. MommyMika

MommyMika Well-Known Member

If I was going to be a boy I would have been named James... which I think is really funny, because my husbands name is James!!

19. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

My real dad wanted to call me Zoe, and Matthew if I was a boy x

20. Raspberries

Raspberries 2 boys, 1 girl in bump!

I was originally either going to be called Shelley or Tia-Maria, early on :dohh: (or Paul if I were a boy)

I'm so glad I got called Staci in the end, it was the name my nan suggested to my mum, the last time they spoke before she died when my mum was 3 months pregnant with me :( so its kinda special.