What were YOU supposed to be called?

Phantom

Mommy
Reaction score
Anyone have any stories about what your parents were thinking of naming you before you were born?

My mom wanted to call me Bianca but my dad said it was a "hooker's name". :dohh: My mom also like Tara but again... daddy thought that sounded too hookerish too! So I got stuck with Nicole because he wasn't aware of any hookers with that name. :haha:

My mum and dad were originally going to call me Stacey, but my mum went off it because of a character on a TV show xx

Narelle apparently...I'm glad I got Tamsin instead!

Well mine were expecting a boy so I was meant to be Andrew :haha:
When I was born my dad wanted to call me Rebecca but my mum won and chose Helen :(

My parents thought I was a boy too and I was supposed to be Chayse. Then I came out a girl and mom wanted Corinne but dad didn't so I became Whitney Corinne.

They had the names Ginger & Theresa in mind for me -- somehow they ended up naming me Tamara (nn. Tammy). This is surprising to me tho -- since my parents don't strike me as the type that would choose such a unique & uncommon name, especially back in the day!

I was either going to be a Jessica or a Jennifer if I was a girl or Christopher if I was a boy. Glad they went with Jennifer! lol

If I was a boy it was going to be Dallas, but they got me so Im here as Jessie-Lyn :D

My dad wanted to call me Allie after Allie McGraw, but my mum didn't like it and picked Clare instead. If I was a boy I was going to be Stuart. None of them are very good choices IMO!

If I was a boy John after my Dads Dad that died a year or so before I was born, then for a girl I'd either of been a Laura or a Rachel and I ended up a Laura!

My mum wanted to call me Lucy and my dad wanted to call me Francesca, they had a huge row about it and when dad said to his friend what would you call a girl he said Kelly and dad said that will do (really), I later got told by my mum that she hates my name always has and I can change it if I want, I was going to be Christopher had I been a boy

I was Christopher if I was a boy & Roseanne if a girl luckily Mum changed my her mind when I was born to Jenna

I was going to be Matthew had I been a boy.
Dad wanted to call me Poppy when I was born but mam wasn't keen and they settled for Jessica :) I'm glad they did, I don't think I'd suit being a Poppy...

I was going to be called Annette then they changed it to Anneke which is said Anneka. Its a mix of my dads dutchness and my Irish grans name.

My father's name is Bobby Lee...but for some strange reason family and friends called him Horace. I still have no clue WHY.

Sooooo...when my mom got pregnant with me...she was going to name me...wait for it...

HORACETINA :growlmad:

I don't know why she changed her mind...but thank God she did. She named me after her, Dolores.

If I was going to be a boy I would have been named James... which I think is really funny, because my husbands name is James!!

My real dad wanted to call me Zoe, and Matthew if I was a boy x

I was originally either going to be called Shelley or Tia-Maria, early on :dohh: (or Paul if I were a boy)

I'm so glad I got called Staci in the end, it was the name my nan suggested to my mum, the last time they spoke before she died when my mum was 3 months pregnant with me :( so its kinda special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->