What would you do if...

stephx

Reaction score
You found a substantial amount of money on the street?

For example, you find £150 in an envelope and no-one is around...

Answer honestly :flower: No judgement :haha:

I found £20 when I was 14 and spent it :blush:
I still feel guilty 13 years later.

So I'd hand it in to the police this time.

I'd definitely hand that amount in. I'd feel too guilty to keep it.

Interesting... I feel like a monster now!

I'd hand it in without a doubt. If I had serious money problems then I wouldn't be so sure I'd do that x

honestly... i'd be torn.... £150 could really come in handy right now...

Hand it in it could be someones whole savings.

if no one collects it they give ig you back anyway

I'd hand it in. If it was a tenner than maybe not. But in the past, somebody took £150 in a softplay center with my purse and I couldn't pay my council tax that month :(

Couldn't do it to another person, I think it's awful.

Stealing and loosing are different things though..

Going into your purse and taking money is a totally different situation I think :hugs:

Stealing and loosing are different things though..

Going into your purse and taking money is a totally different situation I think :hugs:

But either way you still end up possessing something significant that is not intended to be yours :shrug:

I personally would hand it in, I would feel way to guilty to spend it but just wondering what do the police do with the money if no one claims it?

I've never found money! lol

I'd definitely take it to the police. I kept £10 that I found when I was young as there was no one around. I've lost £5/£10 on a couple of occasions and knew someone would find it and keep it and while I was annoyed I'd dropped it I wouldn't hold it against someone picking it up and keeping it. But if I lost a larger sum of money I'd definitely check if it had been handed in to the police which I imagine post people would, so I'd feel like someone was stealing off me if they didn't hand it in to the police.

I personally would hand it in, I would feel way to guilty to spend it but just wondering what do the police do with the money if no one claims it?

I've never found money! lol

They hold onto it for a while (I think it's a week but maybe longer?) And if it's not claimed then you get to keep it! Or at least that's how it was a few years ago.

Yeah I think if its a larger amount of money the right thing to do is hand it in, can't imagine someone going to the police for losing a tenner!

I'd definitely take it to the police. I kept £10 that I found when I was young as there was no one around. I've lost £5/£10 on a couple of occasions and knew someone would find it and keep it and while I was annoyed I'd dropped it I wouldn't hold it against someone picking it up and keeping it. But if I lost a larger sum of money I'd definitely check if it had been handed in to the police which I imagine post people would, so I'd feel like someone was stealing off me if they didn't hand it in to the police.

It is legally stealing actually, you could get in trouble if caught! Can't imagine it happens though apart from maybe with huge sums of money.

It is legally stealing actually, you could get in trouble if caught! Can't imagine it happens though apart from maybe with huge sums of money.

You're right, I thought about that afterwards. I remember reading about a couple of boys locally who found £1000 at the bus station and handed it in, the police praised them but went on about how they could/would have been punished if they'd kept it.

I'd definitely take it to the police. As much as I'd love to come into some extra cash I know the guilt would play on my mind and it wouldn't be worth it.

Everyone I've asked IRL have said they would keep it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->