What would you do if...

I would hand it in.

I would worry it was a wee old ladies savings or something x

If it was on a bus or in a shop its different but on a street its very unlikely to be claimed back

Hand it in definitely.

Once found £200 all tightly bundled up, & I just knew that it was someone's pension as it looked neat & tide together. I took it to the police station, after a couple of months I got a call to claim it back as no one had reported it missing.

I donated it to Age UK. To this day it breaks my heart into pieces that someone lost that money, it's making me a bit upset again actually just thinking about it.

I think it's horrible , heartless & selfish to keep it :nope:

If I was in that situation I would imagine I would feel if it was the other way round. If you had lost that money I'm pretty sure you would be hoping someone would hand it in. I couldn't do anything but hand it in, keeping it wouldn't cross my mind for a second. No matter how hard up you are and how difficult life gets it's still someone else's money.

Last week i might of handed it in, but today im not too sure :lol: i found a purse when i was about 10 with £100+ in and handed it in. I was kind as a child :haha: the lady who owned it gave me £20 and a thank u card.

Hand it in definitely.

Once found £200 all tightly bundled up, & I just knew that it was someone's pension as it looked neat & tide together. I took it to the police station, after a couple of months I got a call to claim it back as no one had reported it missing.

I donated it to Age UK. To this day it breaks my heart into pieces that someone lost that money, it's making me a bit upset again actually just thinking about it.

I think it's horrible , heartless & selfish to keep it :nope:

Oh no that's so sad! Try and think of it as belonging to a neat and tidy drug dealer, that's what I'd do!

hand it in no question, that's a lot of money and I couldn't live with myself especially as it may be vital for person for paying bills, food etc and having gone through a time of counting every penny and living off bread I would have been upset if losing that amount which would make a real difference and it not handed in.

My grandparents lost £1000 recently, it's killing them and they are in such a state over it. I believe in Integrity so I wouldn't keep something that wasn't mine. I also wonder if their who find and keep the money ever wonder about "their victims" because in my eyes it's still stealing.

I would genuinely hand it in to the police, I found £20 in an empty wallet once and popped it into the nearest shop I was too lazy to take it to the police (there wasn't any ID or anything in it) but £150 I would absolutely hand it. I would feel guilty, plus Im such a paranoid freak I would imagine someone was watching me :haha: I would just keep thinking who the money belonged to and how gutted they would be if they had lost it, imagine if it had fallen out of your pocket how devastated you would be, that's a lot of money for most people.

I would have kept it, even if that does make me horrible, heartless and selfish!!

OH and I have returned wallets and money people drop.
If I saw a fiver on the street I'd probably keep it. But 150 I'd hand in.

Xx

Hmm. I'm not sure. A wallet I would always hand in no matter what, but cash on its own I'd perhaps keep. I don't know?

I'd hand it in - you never know what that money was needed for; I'd be distraught if I lost that sort of money. I gave in £20 that I found outside my school once when I was about 13 - it literally killed me!

I'm not to sure.... I found a purse before with money in and handed it in... But if it was money just laying on the pavement honestly I'd keep it whether that's heartless or selfish x

I'd hand it in, I couldn't live with the guilt! I found a pound yesterday and felt awful picking it up so had to give it to charity! Even though I could do with the money, it doesn't belong to me and it would be selfish to keep it. I know it's not the same, but I left my phone on a table a few months ago and someone just took it, I lost over a years worth of photos of my son and I couldn't afford a new one, the person who took it had no right to it and has probably never thought about the consequences. That money could be all someone had.

If I found a 5, 10 or 20 I'd probably keep it, I can't see how anyone would claim it as it's not much. £150 I'd hand in as I'd feel too guilty, guilt has always literally eaten me up inside, I cant handle it. Though now I'm thinking about it, even if I found a pound in the street I'd actually feel guilty pocketing it. I found an iPhone once but as much as I wanted it (this was ages ago, when they first came out, before I had one) I just couldn't keep it. It was luckily unlocked so I called the number that was under 'Home' and a teenage girl and her dad came to pick it up. She was over the moon that she at least had her phone (her bag had been stolen and I guess the phone had accidentally slipped out). Makes me feel warm and fuzzy remembering how relieved she was. Think I'm going to go and remind my husband now of what a nice person I am.

id hand it in. if its not claimed you get it back!

Yeah I'd hand it in if it was a great amount. I couldn't bring myself to spend someone else's money.

I found a wallet full of notes on a night out a couple of months ago. My sister and I scoured it for contact details, found the guy's mobile number and called him to let him know we had it. He got it back the next day. He was so relieved when he found out the money hadn't been taken :)

I've lost my purse a couple of times though, the first time my phone was inside, the guy who found it called my Mum to arrange getting it back to me and went out of his way to come back into town to hand it over (we were going on holiday that day). The second time I left it in an arcade at the beach, the people who found it waited at the machine I'd left it on until I came back to get it. I love it when people are decent in these situations :) I'd like to think if I lost a lot of money someone would hand it in. I don't suppose many would but I absolutely would, you don't know who it might belong to.

I don't know what I would do, but if I were the person who had lost the money I wouldn't think there would be any chance of getting it back xx

I'd hand it in if it was that much.

I found a phone recently and called the number that was under mum and dad and they told me their son was in a real panic about losing his phone. He sent round a thank you card and a tin of chocs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->