What would you do if...

I remember we once found a purse in the local spar, dh handed it in to the staff who knew the lady from her bank card name and that she had already phoned to say she lost it. They made dh leave his details, she sent him a card and a tenner to say thank you as it literally was all her pension money in it.
On the other side of the coin I have come across some really ungrateful people in my time, often things get dropped in the taxi and I have travelled 12 miles (I live out with my own licensing area) just to hand back phones to people who barely even say thank you. Now if I find a phone I make no effort to reunite it with it's owner, I just take it to the police station. If someone wakes up hungover and starts ringing round taxi offices looking for it, I have handed it in already!

If I found £150 with no traceable details I would hand it in for sure, but I'm used to handing lost property in, it happens a lot in my job.

On a friday night it sounds like somebody has just been paid their weeks wages cash in hand. I suppose you dont really know what you would do with it yourself until youre in the situation.

I don't know what I would do, but if I were the person who had lost the money I wouldn't think there would be any chance of getting it back xx

That's why it's nice to give people a bit of hope in humanity.

I'd probably keep it tbh.

If it was in a wallet or had any identification along side, I would hand it in.

I can say this honestly, I would send it back. When I was pregnant I went out for a walk one night as I couldn't sleep. It was like 2am or something and I don't know why but a wee bag caught my eye. It had £640 cash in it. I took it home with me and spent all night debating. 18, single and pregnant that was literally a life changing amount. But 9am I was at the police station handing it in.

3 days later I got a phone call off the police asking if I could either go to the station or permission for the guy it belonged to to send me a letter.

I went down and it was a guy that owns a local chain of pubs. He gave me £200, a meal in his pub and I still regularly get told I'm not paying for drinks when I'm in.

If Id of kept it I would still be worrying about who I'd taken it off.

I would hand it in no question. It would only be if it was £20 or under just lying in the street with no clue as to whose it is was, then I might not bother (just because our nearest police station is 10 miles away, I don't drive so it is a faff just getting there).

I find things all the time and go to lengths to find the rightful owner, even though at times it would be to my advantage to keep them (last week we found an Iphone and a childs red medical book). I put myself in the place of the person who lost said item and think how grateful i'd be in there situation if what I had lost had been returned. I kind of like to believe what goes around comes around. For example, 2 days after we returned the phone, I left my handbag in the waiting room of the doctors surgery on & got it back fully intact :happydance: x

I would hand it in no question. It would only be if it was £20 or under just lying in the street with no clue as to whose it is was, then I might not bother (just because our nearest police station is 10 miles away, I don't drive so it is a faff just getting there).

I find things all the time and go to lengths to find the rightful owner, even though at times it would be to my advantage to keep them (last week we found an Iphone and a childs red medical book). I put myself in the place of the person who lost said item and think how grateful i'd be in there situation if what I had lost had been returned. I kind of like to believe what goes around comes around. For example, 2 days after we returned the phone, I left my handbag in the waiting room of the doctors surgery on & got it back fully intact :happydance: x

Exactly, I don't think anyone has the right to complain if something similar negative happens to them for example a wallet going missing and not handing it back when they had in their power a way of making someone's day/life much better but instead chose to pocket from someone else's misfortune.

Id put it on our local village fb page that I found a wallet and if they could confirm the details I would return it. I wouldnt hand it in to police as we dont even have a local PS lol x

If it wasnt local, Id keep it in all honesty (not gonna lie, to much hassle!)

I'd be tempted to keep it, but then that money may be for some LO's Christmas presents or something so I'd feel way to guilty!

I would hand it in, if I lost that amount I would hope someone would do the same for me (although I would not expect it :haha:)

It's funny though how it usually causes more hassle trying to give it back, I remember we got too much change in Borders once and when we went in to give it back it was a right faff and they had to call the manager, just to give money back :haha:. It was funny as later that day we found a fiver in the street, we decided to keep that!

I remember when we were young we worked at a restaurant and the owner of the local takeaway had dropped a wad of notes by his chair. We didn't give it in to the manager as he would have pocketed it, we took it to the takeaway on our way home and he was so grateful and gave us a free chinese meal :)

I found £10 in the toilets at Tesco the other week, and I handed it in. I really didn't want to, but I couldn't help thinking that it might have belonged to an old lady, doing her Christmas shopping! Xx

Honestly I wouldhand it in to the police. We're skint at the moment what with Christmas, dd1 birthday and moving house in the new year and the money would be handy BUT I would feel too guilty, what if its a pensioners saving for Christams, a family that are trying to survive or somebodys money for Christmas presents? A few years ago I lost my bag on a night out with £80 in it never got it back and I was gutted. A few months ago I found a fiver outside work and handed it in to my team leader.

Although it would be tempting to keep it i'd hand it in. I wouldn't like any bad karma hanging over me!

I remember we once found a purse in the local spar, dh handed it in to the staff who knew the lady from her bank card name and that she had already phoned to say she lost it. They made dh leave his details, she sent him a card and a tenner to say thank you as it literally was all her pension money in it.
On the other side of the coin I have come across some really ungrateful people in my time, often things get dropped in the taxi and I have travelled 12 miles (I live out with my own licensing area) just to hand back phones to people who barely even say thank you. Now if I find a phone I make no effort to reunite it with it's owner, I just take it to the police station. If someone wakes up hungover and starts ringing round taxi offices looking for it, I have handed it in already!

If I found £150 with no traceable details I would hand it in for sure, but I'm used to handing lost property in, it happens a lot in my job.

Never getting In your taxi then (this is a joke because we live in the same place btw :flow: ) tbh fair play taxi drivers never get enough credit.

Tbh the temptation to keep it but I couldn't help but feel guilty about it so I would hand it in I'd feel so bad it was for a families Christmas etc.

Once on the bus going home from school (public bus) another boy from so other school tried to sneak my purse out my bag when I wasn't looking a nice lady stopped him and told me. It had all my money for the buses for a week in there plus my wages (a whole £15). I was about 14

You know, if it had some kind of ID on it, like a wallet, card, whatever, Id hand it in. If it was literally £150 in a plain envelope with nothing on it, then id keep it. :blush:

£150 is a huge amount of money, i would definitely hand it in. I will confess to keeping a fiver i have found in the past though...

I would hand it in only because im a firm believer in Karma and would be waiting for it to bite me on the bum!lol

Id hand it in without a doubt.

That money could be some ones christmas present money or be money for a important bill.

I found £20 in a cash point at my local shops so i handed in to the woman behind the till. Ive had months where £20 is very important, let alone £150, so I just think how much that money could mean to the person who lost it.

Imo its wrong to keep it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->