What would you do? (Neighbour related)

Sweetie, it's getting out of hand. If she talks to your OH, maybe get him to mention something? X

Personally if this was me, the next time the little boy is outside and throws something over, I would calmly and nicely tell him "Here you go darling but please don't throw anymore things over the fence it might hit one of us and that wont be very nice" Id say it when the mother is outside. If they then come to the fence I would then discuss my concerns with them. If they get angry Ill just make my point that i don't want it happening anymore and then just walk away. I understand the little boy has Autism, but we had 3 boys with autism next door to us and in all honesty they were very well behaved kids. The parents were very responsible though and taught them wrong from right. Autism or not they can learn. This mother is the problem she sounds like a lazy cow.

Autism is a spectrum disorder not two cases are the same. Unfortunately their level of understanding and the normal view of 'well behaved' has very little to do with the parents teaching them. My friend is an excellent mother to her child with autism this does not stop him having deep sensory issues which cause him to kick out unexpectedly as he requires the sensory input. He has accidentally hurt one of my children before because I was unaware that he did this and she just wasn't quick enough to catch him like she usually does. He didn't understand it was his 'fault' my child was crying. She is normally on top of it keeping him and others safe but occasionally she misses things no mother can be right there 24/7.

I don't mean to pick on your post or anything just making the point that just because the children you have previously met have a good level of understanding and were able to manage their behaviour well doesn't mean all children with autism can.

Edited

Have you heard anything else, Piggywinkle? I can't work the woman out either! xxx

Im still going with jealousy. OP may not realise it yet, but it's a pretty clear sign when they scowl at you for absolutely no reason, but happy to talk to your DH.

Derailing posts have been removed

I have this problem too, it was bad over the summer holidays and usually they'd come knock but sometimes Im away for over a week at a time so they must jump over then, the worst is they have this massive rabbit that escapes under the fence and starts running around my garden digging massive holes its so annoying, their lucky I haven't got my dog here anymore or I don't think the rabbit would be going home again. Other wise I get on with them haha! Hope you get it sorted. X

Edited

Have you heard anything else, Piggywinkle? I can't work the woman out either! xxx

Im still going with jealousy. OP may not realise it yet, but it's a pretty clear sign when they scowl at you for absolutely no reason, but happy to talk to your DH.

My first thought when the OP said she was chatty with the husband was this. Probably having a good old flirt too.

Just get hubby to say something, like he found the knife just before your LO picked it up. See what she says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->