What would you do?

F

Flipsy

My sister inlaw just called to tell me when and where my nephews birthday treat will be. I'm due on 19 march. the treat is on the 14th of May at the Zoo.

Now my baby will be anything from ten weeks to six weeks old by then. Am I being unreasonable by saying I dont' know if I will be there, need to see how I feel and how I am coping with baby.

I also think that baby will be far to little for a zoo trip. I''m just waiting on the whole but your not at work thing so whats the problem blah blah.

Help?

For me, this would be fine as baby can be put in the pram and will sleep most of the time, getting lots of fresh air.

Everyone is different... play it by ear!

I don't think I'd have gone to zoo but i did go to seaside when my mum was staying for the week when my lo was 3weeks old

All my stuff was in boot and took Moses basket so lo could have nap and could make feeds in caravan ect

It's just with this being my first i'm a bit in the dark with how I'll feel or anything.

by 6 - 10weeks you'l be ready to get out and about and show your baby off...

I would say you would be fine and might be nice for you to have a day out x

By the time off your nephews birthday you will be up and about and pretty much back to normal

and with the weather starting to get nicer in May will be wonderfull to get out and about with baby in the pram and getting loads of fresh air and you as well, will do you both the world of good

When I had my DD I then had 5 days left to organise a Birthday Party for my son who was turning 1yrs old and then I had there Christenings on May 19th,again organised everything myself and DD daughter was only weeks old and DS who was 1yrs old

i would tell her that you will do your best to be there, and then see what happens by then. and regardless if you make it or not, make sure to get your nephew a present :)

I would say you will feel ok by then, but as it is your first and you don't know what to expect, then you could just play it by ear. Chances are you will feel fine, but I can understand where you are coming from.

I'm going to the zoo when this one is 6 weeks (when he comes) for my DD birthday and i'm really excited, but thats cos I've done it before. x

Hopefully you will be feeling better, and you could enjoy a day at the Zoo =]
if your not up to it nearer the time, just tell her sorry you wont be coming, your exhausted and need the rest.

Thanks girls. I guess part of it is I find my family very overwhelming at times so will see how I feel I'm not going to commit myself till after just in case. I think I will also make it weather dependent too. I dont' drive so would be relying on one of them to take me as well unless OH is free which is never a given.

Well OH is all for it soo as long as he can definitely go and I can then escape if it's to much then we will go.

So scared of the big change that life is about to undergo.

I'd say you'll see how you feel nearer the time. No point in refusing now and causing upset if come the time you are ready for a day out showing of baby however if you have a difficult birth you might not feel like a zoo trip.

oo we loved taking our kids to the zoo from baby days! When i was on maternity leave last time, my 3 yr old asked all the time to go, and we have a membership, so i loaded them up and went about once a week!
Of course, it depends on how you feel, but tbh by 6 weeks post partum you will porbably feel just fine, so i think the real question is "do you really WANT to go?" . good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->