What would you think if you met a little girl named....

Wow reading the replies to this....I really didn't think Clover was that wacky a name.

And I much prefer it to some of the names I see on here :wacko: I'm really not into these Mckenzies and Cais and Rileys!

it kind of remind me of a cow's(as in the animal) name, clover the cow,,, i duno why...but i suppose it could be cute, better than alot of other names :)

I've never heard of Clover butter....must be a UK thing or something?!?

Therefore, I wouldn't be too worried about it over here in the states...I doubt most kids would have heard of such a thing either.

yea i dont think they have it in the US..but thats maybe why it would less likely be used here because the advert has a song about clover butter and everything https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVIZBu3ItHw lool yes that a link to it (im sad i kno)
but i think it would still be cute :)

Love it - I love nature names on little girls
xxx

I've never heard of Clover butter....must be a UK thing or something?!?

Therefore, I wouldn't be too worried about it over here in the states...I doubt most kids would have heard of such a thing either.

Best hope she never travels to Europe then! :winkwink: Its a very famous brand over here.

I'm not normally one to support 'wierd and wonderful' names, but compared to some that seem to be getting used these days, it's not that 'out there'.

when 'Clover' is a mature woman, her peers will be called MyKenzee and Meadow and Frogspawn and all sorts of nonsense, so she won't be any more unusual than a Sarah or a Clare (who might actually be extinct by then, come to think of it...)

I think it is good to consider the long term effects, but really, Clover is not that whacky if you ask me.

(ps I made Frogspawn up... at least I hope I did...)

you might want to watch who you are insulting before you post

I'm not normally one to support 'wierd and wonderful' names, but compared to some that seem to be getting used these days, it's not that 'out there'.

when 'Clover' is a mature woman, her peers will be called MyKenzee and Meadow and Frogspawn and all sorts of nonsense, so she won't be any more unusual than a Sarah or a Clare (who might actually be extinct by then, come to think of it...)

I think it is good to consider the long term effects, but really, Clover is not that whacky if you ask me.

(ps I made Frogspawn up... at least I hope I did...)

Since when is Meadow a 'nonsense' name and how can you put it in the same category as chavvy made up names?

Im so mad its unreal. How dare you insult my daughters name? Why would you do that? Its not exactly a name you would just pluck out of thin air you have obviously seen it on here. If you dont like it, I dont care but no need for that is there?

Im so mad its unreal. How dare you insult my daughters name? Why would you do that? Its not exactly a name you would just pluck out of thin air you have obviously seen it on here. If you dont like it, I dont care but no need for that is there?

I'm sure it wasn't personal.

Sparkswillfly---I know you aren't talking to me but since this is my thread I thought I would reply. There really is no reason to get upset. Your daughter has a beautiful name, I actually love Meadow (it's right up there with Clover) but not everyone has the same taste in names and to some, names like that are "nonsense, made-up" names. There are people out there that aren't as open-minded...but that's nothing to get upset over. People say they dislike my name all the time...it's boring, dated, dull....but I'm not offended. It's just a name and not everyone is going to like it.

Kirstin---I agree, Meadow isn't a 'nonsense' name but neither is Clover, so I hope that's not what you're implying.

Its one thing to not like someones name.. its another to slate it on a public forum. Like I said its not a name you would just pick from thin air, and I think its very personal to insult the name I chose for my child.

Its one thing to not like someones name.. its another to slate it on a public forum. Like I said its not a name you would just pick from thin air, and I think its very personal to insult the name they chose for their child.

You really shouldn't take it personally (unless you have a bad history with this specific poster and think she's out for you or something....?)

But honestly, you shouldn't let some random, anonymous person on the internet make you feel that way....try to just blow it off. It really isn't something to get worked up over.

Well I guess Im not thick skinned enough to brush it off. It upsets me that someone would be so rude and put my daughters name in the same league as frogspawn.. I mean seriously.. most people are going to find that extremely offensive.

:hugs: I'm sure they didn't mean it like that at all, Sam.

Although I understand why you'd think that way. To be honest, I don't pay much attention to the signatures of other people... (sorry!!! :blush: ) unless I really know the poster and whatnot.

Meadow is a beautiful name. My OH has commented on it a number of times when he sees the pictures on my FB. I think he was toying with the idea of naming our girl that, if we ever have another. I told him if we did you'd probably hop on a plane and come here and kick his butt!

:rofl:

:hugs:

Its one thing to not like someones name.. its another to slate it on a public forum. Like I said its not a name you would just pick from thin air, and I think its very personal to insult the name I chose for my child.

I totally agree with you. It seems to me that she has seen your daughter's name and included it intentionally.

Having said that, I think you need to try to let it go.
Meadow is a beautiful name. You made a lovely choice which I'm sure your beautiful wee girl will thank you for one day. :hugs:
Please try not to let one ignorant mean-spirited person's comment upset you.

whoa steady on guys Jeez... If you are going to bother posting on forums with such a wide range of people you are going to get some people who think along the same lines as you and some people that don't. I meant absolutely no offense whatsoever but if people like you are going to deliberately make a mountain out of a molehill I will keep my opinions to myself in future, which sounds like it would suit everyone.

Just for the record I am not 'ignorant and mean-spirited' and I did not deliberately pick 'meadow' to victimize an individual because I saw it in their signature, it was just an example...

See ya...

whoa steady on guys Jeez... If you are going to bother posting on forums with such a wide range of people you are going to get some people who think along the same lines as you and some people that don't. I meant absolutely no offense whatsoever but if people like you are going to deliberately make a mountain out of a molehill I will keep my opinions to myself in future, which sounds like it would suit everyone.

Just for the record I am not 'ignorant and mean-spirited' and I did not deliberately pick 'meadow' to victimize an individual because I saw it in their signature, it was just an example...

See ya...

Theres a whole range of people on this forum with different opinions on everything but nobody on here ever takes the piss out of someone elses child.

You may not like it but you need to keep that sort of thing to yourself in future. Its not just an example its my daughters name, its not a name you would have heard anywhere else so to take the piss out of it on here is beyond rude.

Ill only say this.. you chose whatever name you want for your child its got sod all to do with anyone. if people say a certain name is stupid then thats there problem. you call them whatever you want. When i think of the name clover i think irish free spirit and peaceful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->