whats everyone reading?

angel1990

<3 Craig and Amy Loo <3
Reaction score
just nosey haha. ive just finished mini shopaholic and loved it!

i hopefully will be getting katie prices book the comeback girl tomorrow!

hopefully i get a kindle for my birthday then ill never be short of a book haha

so whats everyone else reading?

Just finished "When God was a Rabbit" by Sarah Winman, lovely read x

I just finished The Red Queen, and have started Wolf Hall. Next up is Lolita.

I've just finished 1894 by George Orwell. Now I'm nearly done with Sophie's Choice by William Styron. Both are amazing.
I tried to read Hamlet recently, but I just couldn't get into it. I've never been a big fan of plays or much of Shakespeare's stuff anyway.

A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French

It is indeed as the title suggests. :D

Anyone read As I Lay Dying by Faulkner?
I can't get into that either! Narratives by a bunch of crazies. It sucks because I love Faulkner.

I'm reading Footballers wives by Kerry Katona (trashy I know & really old but I read the first one years ago) then I've got the new Katie Price to read after x

just nosey haha. ive just finished mini shopaholic and loved it!

i hopefully will be getting katie prices book the comeback girl tomorrow!

hopefully i get a kindle for my birthday then ill never be short of a book haha

so whats everyone else reading?

I want a kindle but waiting till xmas :cry:

I love all Sophie Kinsella books she's a legend I also finished the other week "sleeping arrangements" my Madeline Wickman or something - She really is Sophie Kinsella x

Farewell to the east end.

Aboslutley brilliant. Second time I have read the series. Recommend to anyone x

Feast for crows, its part of the song of ice and fire series (made into the game of thrones tv series)
I love my kindle it makes getting hold of books so much easier although I do miss the feel of a real book in my hand.
At least the kindle hurts less when I fall asleep reading and get whacked in the nose :)

I've just almost finished Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. Before that I was reading Christopher Moore books. All really good!

Not sure what is up next on my massive reading list.. I have read about 50 books so far this year.

I just finished The Red Queen, and have started Wolf Hall. Next up is Lolita.

Ooh I got The Red Queen yesterday, did you enjoy it? I love Philipa Gregory's novels. I've looked at Wolf Hall a couple of times but with DS now don't know if I've energy to read it, lol! I read Lolita years ago, very thought provoking and controversial :thumbup:

I've just finished 1894 by George Orwell. Now I'm nearly done with Sophie's Choice by William Styron. Both are amazing.
I tried to read Hamlet recently, but I just couldn't get into it. I've never been a big fan of plays or much of Shakespeare's stuff anyway.

Hamlet and macbeth is an aquired taste, give taming of the shrew or twelth night a try as they are easier going untill you get more into shakespear.
Merchant of venice and taming of the shrew was the ones that made me fall in love with reading shakespear.

If you realy want something thats hard reading (as in depth not difficulty) though try silmarillion or paradise lost :)
Also if you enjoyed 1984 then you should read Animal farm

Farewell to the east end.

Aboslutley brilliant. Second time I have read the series. Recommend to anyone x

I love that too, have you read "Call the Midwife" by her, it's fantastic. So sad as she died this June :nope: x

A Tiny Bit Marvellous by Dawn French

It is indeed as the title suggests. :D

Yes, I enjoyed this. If you liked this, you might like Camberwell Beauty by Jenny Eclair, it's hilarious xx

Oh if anyone is considering getting a Kindle, DO IT!! I got mine in May and I'm still crazy in love with it :) It's the best thing ever

I've just almost finished Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. Before that I was reading Christopher Moore books. All really good!

Not sure what is up next on my massive reading list.. I have read about 50 books so far this year.

Try Soul identity, it was free from kindle last time I looked and if you lie dan brown then you might like that one.

Try Soul identity, it was free from kindle last time I looked and if you lie dan brown then you might like that one.

Thankyou, I will do that! :flower:

"spiritual midwifery" by Gaskin, and after all baby-pregnancy books im going back to John Pilger. I read non-fiction only

Hamlet and macbeth is an aquired taste, give taming of the shrew or twelth night a try as they are easier going untill you get more into shakespear.
Merchant of venice and taming of the shrew was the ones that made me fall in love with reading shakespear.

If you realy want something thats hard reading (as in depth not difficulty) though try silmarillion or paradise lost :)
Also if you enjoyed 1984 then you should read Animal farm

Thanks for the Shakespeare recommendations. I will check them out.
I studied his poetry in college and to be honest I was rather bored then as well. lol.
I do want to find something of his I like though.

I will find Silmarillion and Paradise Lost. Thanks. :thumbup:
I've read Animal Farm... I didn't like it. Something about pigs and animals made it not real and uniteresting. I know there was a much deeper meaning but I stopped caring once it was done through animals. haha. :p

Have you read much of Upton Sinclair?
The Jungle and King Coal are some of my favorite books.
I've read The Jungle at least three times. :blush:

One of my favorite books of all time is Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet.
I am a huge fan of well written hostorical novels. He's got a second out called The Worlds End which was nearly as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->