whats everyone reading?

I have an Ipad to read books on, and I really don't like it. I much prefer actual books, with the way they feel and smell. New or old, I love the texture!

well now I come off as a book perv. Um...

I read spiritual midwifery a while ago. Certainly an eye opener - I really enjoyed it and it changed my perspective on birthing a LOT.

I have an Ipad to read books on, and I really don't like it. I much prefer actual books, with the way they feel and smell. New or old, I love the texture!

Nah you don't want to be reading books on an iPad. Kindle's are totally different - they are not backlit like iPads are, the screen is not shiny, it is made of actual ink. It looks just like the page of a book but without the imperfections. You totally forget it's not a book, plus you don't struggle to get your hands comfortable like you do with some books.

Right now I've got on the go:

Diary of a Madwoman

A childrens short story book on Canadian Native short stories

Fit to be Tied (a Canadian true crime anthology)

I'm currently reading Jodi Picoult - House Rules. I love all her books.

After that I have Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella to read x

Just finished the White Queen by Philippa Gregory and am now on the Red Queen xx

Currently reading Travels on the dance floor by Grevel Lindop

I'm exactly the same, two book pervs then :haha::haha:

PS: I remember studying Paradise Lost a number of years ago now :wacko: Othello is my favourite play by Shakespeare. I also loved The Pillars of the Earth but sadly didn't read it, but I loved the TV adaptation although I know the TV/film version can never be the same as the book :thumbup:

Farewell to the east end.

Aboslutley brilliant. Second time I have read the series. Recommend to anyone x

I love that too, have you read "Call the Midwife" by her, it's fantastic. So sad as she died this June :nope: x

I didnt know that hun :( I have all 3 in the series and love them :(

I also love the Red and white queen. I prefer the white queen though :D

Nah you don't want to be reading books on an iPad. Kindle's are totally different - they are not backlit like iPads are, the screen is not shiny, it is made of actual ink. It looks just like the page of a book but without the imperfections. You totally forget it's not a book, plus you don't struggle to get your hands comfortable like you do with some books.

Thanks for this, I thought of it as an ipad so I am glad you say this!

Sophies choice is one book I never finished, I couldnt, it was sooooo sad!

Haha don't worry I know exactly what you mean! My husband suggested I get a Kindle but I said no because I just prefer real books!

I love reading but realised recently that I haven't really read many classics so I'm currently reading Wuthering Heights (very slowly at the moment) and I've got Tess of the D'Urbervilles for when I have finally finished!x

I read spiritual midwifery a while ago. Certainly an eye opener - I really enjoyed it and it changed my perspective on birthing a LOT.

it's a brilliant book. the next one that waits for me is "childbirth without fear" by Grantly Dick-Read.

by the way i'm using sony reader prs 950 and it's amazing, no format is a problem for this little device ;)

I'm currently reading 'Dead to the World' the 4th book in the Sookie Stackhouse series x Love it x

how much do the books cost on the kindle?
most ipad books are nearly the same price as the real paper ones!!
(unless they are unpopular, or in the public domain)
I refuse to pay that much money for an electronic version!

Pillars of the Earth is an epic tale. Please read it at least twice, or at least once very slowly. LoL.
It will touch your soul and stay with you, I promise.
No, Mr. Follet does not give me a commission to say that! haha.

I don't know how sad Sophie's Choice is going to be as I'm only 3/4 of the way in. I'm hoping to read the rest tonight!
I love how the time-line of the book goes, though. It is weaved together very well.

They are normally quite a bit cheaper than the paper versions, sometimes by a pound or two. I downloaded a book last night that was £9.99 in paper and £7.99 on Kindle.

I havent got a kindle but I am looking in to one & if you go through amazon (think thats the only place you can buy them, not sure) and the books are about £2-3, depends on the book though I think x https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kindle-eBooks/b/ref=sv_kinh_1?ie=UTF8&node=341689031

They are normally quite a bit cheaper than the paper versions, sometimes by a pound or two. I downloaded a book last night that was £9.99 in paper and £7.99 on Kindle.

Gahh see! Too expensive for me.
I want to feel and smell and collect for that kind of money . :happydance:

Im reading a biography about a woman who grew up in Manchester called 'mummy make it stop' by Louise Fox.

Synopsis
Louise's childhood was a living nightmare. Repeatedly sexually abused by her mother's out-of-control boyfriend, the little five year old was surrounded by evil. Louise was beaten with leather belts, starved and neglected, as the family suffered at the hands of both their mother and her partner. Finally, her tormentor was arrested. But her mother stood by him and Louise was dragged to prison visits every week, forced to sit on her abuser's knee and tell him how much she loved him and wanted him to come home. The horror continued when her mother found a new partner even worse than the last. Within months he was assaulting and eventually raping Louise. Taken into care, Louise ended up addicted to drugs and selling her body. But the birth of her child saw Louise vow to turn her life around - and that is just what she did. She broke free, and MUMMY, MAKE IT STOP, is the true story of a brave spirit that refused to be crushed.. Ive only just begun reading it and cant wait to curl up in bed tonight to read more.

https://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/louise+fox/mummy2c+make+it+stop/6315582/

Ive read a few stories like this and the abuse that some children get exposed to is horrifying.

The last book i read was called Still At Birth about a couple that lost their first born a little girl. Very sad.

I don't, my little house is overfilled as it is, more books are just making it dusty :rofl: I have over a thousand books on my kindle... that would take up a whole wall in my house :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->