whats everyones budget?

weewdy

Reaction score
Whats everyone budget going to be? Also this is my first year with 2 kids, do you go by amount spent, number of presents or just whatever you feel is needed?

I try to spend the same amount on each, I think my budget will be around £125 per child or so.
Eta the new baby will be here for Christmas but I'm not getting her presents!

I go on ammount spent. So one may have more presents than the other. I may have to change that when they are a little older but for now thats what ill stick with. My budget is £200 each. Every year i go way over but this year im determined to stick to it.

i do around 200-250 each for the kids..

Around £100-£120 each. Not worried if one has more than the other at the moment as really can't see either comparing!

We do amount spent, usually it is pretty close in amounts too.
We spend around $300 on each kid plus the grandparents give us $50 each to get them something from them :)

I'm trying to cut back this year, as in just buying a few presents that I think lo will really love. Those will probably come in around £75. We've now decided to get her a new bike as well though, so that'll bump the budget up quite a bit.

I used to go by both but from this year am going to go just from amount and try not to worry about the number, their budgets are 200-250 each :)

I said £150 each + a joint gift of a wii u. will probs go slightly over but deffo no more than £200.

I used to go by money spent but i found myself buying crap for the sake of it to make it even so i do neither now as long as they have a similar amount of stuff. I wouldn't buy one say a bike and the other something cheap though but sometimes i get better deals on one kids stuff so it's hard to make it even money wise!
Although this year has been harder as my youngests stuff looks alot bigger than my oldests!

Around $300 for each child and not sure about others yet. We get the kids done first, then worry about what else we need to do, and for each other. We keep it pretty low cost though..

$200 or less on daughter and probably around $300 for everyone else

My 2 have a 6 year age gap so because my eldest wants more expensive stuff I tend to go off neither because youngest presents are bigger toys but cheaper and eldests are small but more expensive but my eldest understands this

My budget is 200 each, but I know I wont spend that on the youngest. Have already spent 140 on the other two, and they still have all of the presents that their dad will be adding to their piles (we are seperated but he spends xmas day with us) so I really dont need to go all out and will probably stick to 175 for the big two.

This isnt including stocking fillers

I have most of her presents now and it has only come to £75. One or two more to add which will take it to about £125.

Thinking about £200 for everyone else. Family presents are usually £20-£30 each.

I'm on a lower budget this year as have baby coming in December and we already have 4 kids between us to buy for so bump that up to 5 now with new baby lol (although baby won't get as much) plus we are getting married next August so I have an awful lot to buy for the wedding so much to spend out we are really tight! I'm hoping to spend £100 on each, that's without stocking, iv no idea what to buy Though lol, the only one I know who to buy for is my 3 year old daughter, the boys I haven't a clue, they aren't into anything other than minecraft which they have loads of minecraft stuff already, they don't play with anything either! They are either out in the garden playing or watching films or on Xbox, they hardly ever play with toys, must be an age thing they are growing out of toys :(

Oh and family presents I spend £10-£20 each

I usually say amount which is round the £100 mark, however I just totalled everything up and although they have a similar amount I have spent more money on ds1 than ds2. I think this is because he's older and is asking for things that come with a higher price tag as he's really into Lego and his Nintendo ds right now. I've also got him a knex set as I think he will like that. I have a couple more bits to spend on ds2 but I'm not going to get much more unless I think they really like that. Plus I kinda hold back as ds2 birthday is first week of Feb so I don't want to use all my birthday ideas on Christmas and if he really enjoys something I can expand on that. I don't really want to spend for the sake and at this age they won't compare.
Haven't started on ds3 yet but can't imagine I will spend over £100 on hi as we already gave so many baby toys.
£10-£20 for other people usually

Around £150 on Flynn but thats Christmas and birthday. We buy all before Christmas then split it for his birthday in Jan. OH about £100. Everyone else is 10-20.

We don't set a budget or we don't go by amount of gifts we just buy what the children want (within reason). I suspect as they get older This will change.

I have 4 boys, and try to keep it roughly even on both money and number of gifts. If it varies a little I'm not too bothered, but I wouldn't like one to have say 10, and another to have 20 you know?
Last year and the year before DS4 was too small to really know so his first Christmas he had maybe £50 max spent on him as he was only 2 months old. Last year he had about half the other boys budgets but this year his will be the same as theirs.
I spend about £300 each on them which I know might seem a lot to some, but they get maybe 3-5 presents for their birthdays, I don't buy them toys the rest of the year, they have to save their own money for anything they want, and I think that as long as you raise them right all year, 1 day of spoiling isn't going to hurt.

I try n keep the amount of presents the same.

The older ones probably get more spent on them but the younger ones will get the same as they get older.

We don't particularly have a budget, and last year I spent a ridiculous amount, I'm too ashamed to say how much, but I intend to spend a lot less this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->