whats everyones budget?

Probably around £75 on oldest and £40 on baby . Will spend the same when they are older but don't see point in spending much on baby.

We've spent around £200 on both kids and they have roughly the same amounts of presents also. Although Scarlett's presents are bigger than Alex's so it will look like she has more but realistically she hasn't.

DD1 - £200
DD2 - £150
OH - was £50 but he wants something which is £200 so joint bday+xmas
Mum & Dad - £10 each + joint
MIL & FIL - £10 each + joint
SIL & BIL - £5 each + joint
Nieces & nephews - £10 each
Cousins - £5 each
Grandparents - £10 each

Total budget - £750 max

DD1 £120
DD2 £120 (doubt I'll spend this tbh so will just put any I don't spend in her savings)
OH £50
Mum £20
Dad £20
Sister £20
OH's family, my extended family and DD1's friend £250 total

Both boys will have £200 on their main presents then £50 each for stockings, Christmas Eve back, little something for when our elf arrives.

I spend £30 each on our 3 nieces/nephew.

Other children I buy for, I aim for £15 (there's a lot of them!)

DH gets around £50.

Adults in the family get £25 each.

I don't really set budgets, I just don't let myself go overboard. My two are also close in age so I can get them similar/same amount of items because neither of them wants more expensive things. In fact some of their presents this year are going to be fairly similar, they both want a new scooter and they both want some games and dressing up stuff. They also have so much bought for them from other people (FOB and his side of the family for example, they have like a whole other christmas day there!) so I also take that into consideration too.
I don't set budgets for other people either, if I see something nice and it's not stupidly expensive then I'll get it.

I budget for about £200-250 each. That includes the stocking fillers.

I never really have one but don't seem to go over £200 for Thomas. Sean wants one thing that will cost about £130. My budget for kids within the family is £10 each as some also have birthdays at christmas. It gets expensive quickly.

£100 for connor, £50 for Saskia + £50 in savings, £50-£75 on OH, £15 each for my parents and OH's parents, £10 for my brother and sister each, £5 for my grandparents and aunts and uncles. Then £30 for Connor's birthday in November x

Budget for everyone else in the family is £10 each. DH and I just split whatever's left after everyone else and that's our budget for each other

My Christmas budget is £525 this year, to include all the presents, cards, food, and festive trips (like visiting santa, etc).
Present-wise this is the break down:
DD1- £80 (actual spend £61)
DD2- £50 (spent £20 so far, likely to spend another £15ish)
Parents- £50 per family
Nephew- £20 (spent £22 on a talking Bing toy...over budget!!)
Siblings- £25-30 each couple
The total present budget is £325 but I'm hoping to bring it in well under that!

I'm on maternity leave at the moment, so I have to be strict about spending.

I'm being a lot more sensible about presents this year. Last year they ended up with presents just for the sake of it because I thought they didn't have enough in their piles, half of it never even got looked at until weeks later. This year DS1 is getting a DS of some description so that will be main present with games then he is big into football kits so will get him at least one kit and probably other football related bits and bobs.
DS2 and DD are getting mainly wow toys. DS2 is big into imaginative and pretend play so I feel will enjoy these and DD is beginning to like little people and cars she can put them in etc so works for her too. No budget will just buy them a good selection each looking out for when they are on offer on Amazon.
Hoping to spend no more than £400 between the three of them but that is before I have researched the DS properly :haha: so could go up

About £200 each, i dont think thats intentional I just like to get them a big present and loads of wee ones

I'm hoping to stick to a budget of $100 per kid this year. Money is tight right now, we bought a house this year and got a dog, on top of car problems and other things which have required more travel than normal have left us pretty stretched. Of course both want expensive Lego sets, I have no idea how I'm going to swing that to be honest. *le sigh*

Usually DH and I budget the same for each other. Everyone else this year is getting all homemade gifts (food) because I really don't want to spend money I don't have getting things for people who don't need anything. I'm thinking another $50 or so for that. The only exception will be my parents, they desperately need a few things and my mom isn't able to work due to medical stuff which has left them even more broke than we are, they are too proud to take out and out help so I'm using Christmas as an excuse. I'm budgeting another $100 on them. So maybe $550 in total for Christmas this year for a budget. Usually I do double that but it's just not here this year.

No idea. I just make a list and stick to it. Probably around £350 each on the kids.
Maybe 100 on hubby.
I start buying food now, and don't really account for it tbh.
200 on our relatives. inlaws etc.

My kids have their birthdays in December and January so I just buy for both. I'm trying to not go over £200 this year plus stocking. Hopefully will be successful cos I'm sick of wasting money on stuff that doesn't get played with or is broken by new year!

Usually do £100 for my mum, £50 for I laws, £50 For my dad, £50 for brother, £30 on grandma, £30 for an auntie then I have a few other people who I give £20ish too.

Don't set a good budget, we just get whatever we fancy :)

My kids have their birthdays in December and January so I just buy for both. I'm trying to not go over £200 this year plus stocking. Hopefully will be successful cos I'm sick of wasting money on stuff that doesn't get played with or is broken by new year!

Thats how I feel. And then i look at the stash of presents and think its just ridiculous .

Then I have no-where to store them once opened :rofl:

We're on a tighter budget this year. I'm planning on cutting back on extended family gifts, and focusing more on just getting things for my kids, and nieces/nephews. I will probably bake some breads and cookies for the adults rather than gifts for them. Budget for my kids will probably be around $200 each this year.

Thats how I feel. And then i look at the stash of presents and think its just ridiculous .

Then I have no-where to store them once opened :rofl:

Same here. What I've bought K is all things she is going to really love and I know she will play with/use. I hate having nothing but loads of things that end up just in the way!

I aim for 10 gifts each plus stocking but usually end up at around 13 each. The older children always seem to end up with more valuable gifts and the younger kids larger presents! I am just sick of wrapping ugh! Luckily DC1 is in college now and is looking forward to helping me get christmas ready so the wrapping is hers lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->