Whats for Dinner tonight?

We had lunch out for MIL's birthday so probably just sandwiches for tea x

Homemade vegetable fingers, sweet potato wedges and peas with greek yoghurt and stewed cinnamon-y apple for dessert :)

We had homemade butter bean spinach and cheddar burgers

Then for afters we had home made yogurt with oat orange banna and sultana cookies x

I went to Taybarnes tonight, was gorgeous, feel so fat now but so worth it mmmm

Slow roast pork, roast potatoes, root veggie gratin, lots of green vegetables, Yorkshire Puds, gravy, apple sauce...

Pudding was poires belle helene...which sent L into a frenzy of joy :haha: I even managed a DF version for me!

tennisgal you mentioned clementine cake not long ago,do you make it yourself? if so how? because ive been craving it sooo bad :haha:

Haha, I do! It's a Nigella recipe, and it's lovely....here you go, indulge those cravings!

4-5 clementines (about 375g total weight)
6 eggs
225g sugar
250g ground almonds
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder

METHOD Serves: 8-10
Put the clementines in a pan with some cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 2 hours. Drain and, when cool, cut each clementine in half and remove the pips. Dump the clementines - skins, pith, fruit and all - and give a quick blitz in a food processor (or by hand, of course). Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190ºC. Butter and line a 21cm Springform tin.
You can then add all the other ingredients to the food processor and mix. Or, you can beat the eggs by hand adding the sugar, almonds and baking powder, mixing well, then finally adding the pulped oranges.
Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for an hour, when a skewer will come out clean; you'll probably have to cover with foil or greaseproof after about 40 minutes to stop the top burning. Remove from the oven and leave to cool, on a rack, but in the tin. When the cake's cold, you can take it out of the tin. I think this is better a day after it's made, but I don't complain about eating it at any time.
I've also made this with an equal weight of oranges, and with lemons, in which case I increase the sugar to 250g and slightly anglicise it, too, by adding a glaze made of icing sugar mixed to a paste with lemon juice and a little water.

^^ those are the great ladies comments, btw, not mine!

I serve it with creme Fraiche, ice cream...or an orange icing drizzle.

Ohh I am so going to make that this week. Tennisgal, you are my food idol!

Is it sad that I just told my husband that someone thinks I am a food idol?! :haha: Im really just a recipe robber with a sad addiction to cook books, haha!

It's a great cake, and really moist. I sometimes up the clementine count, and just use weight, as 4-5 clementines doesn't always weigh 375g.

Ohh if you like fruity cakes, this lemon and blueberry one is SO delicious (ignore the fact that it is from the Daily Mail, I typed blueberry cake into google and its the first one that came up!)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1058394/Lemon-blueberry-drizzle-cake.html

That looks amazing...especially for Lizzie, the blueberry fiend! We have the ingredients, so I think we are making that tomorrow!

I've been using Gwyneth Paltrows book for cakes recently...a dairy free mum was introduced to it by another DF healthy mummy, and the cakes are bloody amazing. I was hugely skeptical, but so good...loads are dairy, gluten and refined sugar free. Great blueberry mufffin, banana and nut muffin and brownie recipe. AND they are pretty healthy! So I can eat triple the amount!

Ohh I might check it out. Although it will pain me to take any advice from queen of smugness Gwyneth Paltrow!

I NEED these in my kitchen now
https://www.howto-simplify.com/2011/10/apple-cinnamon-cookies-with-maple.html

I know, I was loathe to like them...and I actually told my friend I wouldn't, on principle. Turns out my principles are easily bought with cakey goodness :haha:

Blueberry muffins...you can use normal flour if preferred!

100g white spelt flour
125g whole spelt flour
2 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp fine salt
125ml veg oil
125ml maple syrup
125ml soya milk...but I reckon rice/oat etc would be fine for non-soya mummy's
4 tbsp agave syrup
300g blueberries

Mix wet ingredients, mix dry ingredients....fold wet into dry...fold in blueberries. Bake in muffin tin (makes 12) for 20-25 mins (180 degree oven) or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.

Eat. Enjoy...and relish the fact they taste good and are good for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->