Whats for Dinner tonight?

Sticky BBQ chicken breasts, hm spicy wedges, sweetcorn or corn on the cob, coleslaw and mixed peppers and onions with melted cheese! Yum can't wait!

Went to Jamie's Italian at lunch and now feeling rather sick so am thinking miso soup for me and lefotover h/m meatballs for DH.

It is so cheap and easy to do and always goes down so well, I'd highly recommend giving it a go! I do it a lot for guests coming round for lunch. It's great not just in rolls but also in tacos, on hot dogs etc. Happy to give my recipe if you want?

As for dinner, I had a salad with avocado, followed by strawbs and homemade flapjacks.

Yes please!!! :flower:

Okey dokes.

3 star anise
1 red chilli
2 cloves of garlic sliced/smashed
2 pints of stock, i use vegetable
1 shoulder joint of pork
1 - 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar
1/2 cup of cyder vinegar

1 large crock pot

1 oven :winkwink:

Ok so rub the crushed garlic and sugar all over the pork shoulder, keep the fat on but cut the string off if packaged.

Put the pork in a pot then pour over stock, vinegar and add in chilli (cayenne pepper also works fine) and star anise. Cover with lid and bung in the oven for 3-4 hours until the pork falls apart when being pulled by two forks.

Drain the pork, shred in a bowl using 2 forks and smother in a BBQ sauce or make your own.

It can be a very cheap cut of meat too as the fat helps the flavour and moistness and the toughness gets cooked out in all of the liquid.

it really is very simple!

Tomato chicken with potato wedges and pepper and onion salad

Vegetable moussaka, salad and oregano and olive bread. Lemon meringue cake.

I was meant to do chicken but I forgot to prep the damn thing (wanted to follow Heston's recipe). I might do chicken breasts instead, marinaded in a sauce and have a salad to go with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->