Whats for Dinner tonight?

Last night we had Cajun chicken and hm chips.
Tonight we had chippy

Pulled pork a la Mrs Venn in ciabatta rolls with corn on the cob, coleslaw and green salad. And brownies for pudding...with ice cream for those who want it.

Bobbys going to Nannys house for a few hours this evening so were going to Pizza Hut - romantic hey ;)

chinese for tea tonight :happydance: Not had one in forever!! Last night was HM chicken burgers, sweet potato wedges and salad.

xx

I'm gonna boil and mash some potatoes and then put some cheese on top and put them in the oven with some fish fingers I think and we'll have that with beans :)

We just had a mince dinner, mince and gravy with carrots, cauliflower, mashed potato and puddings x

Last night was sauteed thin cut steaks with garlic, parsley and white wine and peas and onions.

Tonight is baked fresh cod with butter and garlicky green beans.

I did a h/m beef stir fry (boiled the beef for 3 hours beforehand to make it melt) and h/m banana fairy cakes with buttercream.

Banana fairy cakes sound AMAZING! :haha:

We had cheese, tomato and garlic pitta pizzas, reduced fat garlic baguette, and cheese and bacon potato skins!
Strawberry cheesecake later :)

Homemade pizzas with green peppers, olive and sundried tomatoes! With a big salad and pizza express dressing.

Tennisgal! I discovered the most amazing shop near me recently, it is run by an Indian family but it has literally every single spice/paste/sauce you can imagine from all over the world, I was literally walking around staring wide-eyed in wonder! They even sell bottles of Indian lassi! I was in heaven. Any unusual spice/paste recommendations? Really want to get into cooking more middle-eastern food and this shop had a huuuge middle eastern section, I need your expert advice!

(P.s expect a message from me regarding made in chelsea discussions tuesday morn!)

Banana fairy cakes sound AMAZING! :haha:

We had cheese, tomato and garlic pitta pizzas, reduced fat garlic baguette, and cheese and bacon potato skins!
Strawberry cheesecake later :)

I'll never know, the pair scoffed the lot!! :dohh:

Oh potato skins!!! My favourites!!

Lou! Awesome sounding shop! Stock up on saffron, I use it so much in Persian cooking...also, look out for pomegranate molasses, which is just beautiful over meat slow cooked. I'd also recommend Za'atar (think its thyme, sesame seeds and sumac) which works on everything from dips to veggies to meat.

One Persian staple is a blend called advieh...but you will never find two people who agree on what should go in :haha: but it's everything like cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, rose petals, black pepper, ginger, coriander,saffron....! It's so delicious.

Persian recipes also use lots of barberries. So good in a lot of the stews. Worth getting some...

I can post some family faves, if you fancy? We eat lots of veggie middle eastern food, too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->