Whats for Dinner tonight?

Hubby is making Chicken jalfrezi from scratch

omonomnom

We had chicken casserole again. My turn to make it tonight. It was the first time I'd ever made casserole and it went well! :D

McDonald's!
I feel all I ever write on here is takeaways!

Cheesy baked gnocchi with courgettes and baby corn. Pudding is a lemon and mandarin cake with ice cream.

Really random - pork & tomato sausages, bacon chops, veg, mash and mushy peas. It was all I could manage

roast beef and all the extras :) im really craving roast dinners these days :)

At lunch time we had roast beef with all the trimmings at OH's nans but she eats like a sparrow so there was hardly any of it and I'm a big girl who needs a big dinner, thankfully I had stuck a lamb madras in the slow cooker for me and OH when we got in so we are just about to have that now, Lucas who isnt a big roast dinner fan barley ate a thing and as we were out from 7am poor little bugger was starving so he had a chicken nugget meal from maccys on the way home :haha:

Chenjeh kebab (lamb) with flatbreads, Shiraz salad, yoghurt dip and this yummy aubergine and tomato side dish that's become a firm favourite. Lizzie has also asked for 'tomplato' rice, so will do some of that.

Pud is torta della nonna

Ooo is it caponata? I love that if it is!

We're having lamb and Pesto stew with homemade crusty bread. The house smells amazing right now as it's all cooking.

^^ sounds yum! Recipe?

The aubergine is zaalouk...basically aubergines roasted, flesh removed and drained, tomatoes blanched, skins removed and chopped. Few cloves of garlic fried in lots of olive oil...toms, aubergine, sweet paprika added. Then finished with lots of lemon juice, coriander and a dusting of cumin. It's gorgeous!

Oh my god, that sounds like my idea of heaven, I love aubergine.

Recipe is chuck it all in the slow cooker - leg steaks chopped up, 1/2 jar of green pesto or make your own, 1 green pepper sliced, 1 large onion chopped, loads of cherry tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic crushed and bunged in, season. Allow to cook for hours upon hours.

Homemade bread is usual recipe for good ol' basic white loaf but I roll it and bung it on a baking tray to allow it spread out and then you get nice thin slices of crusty bread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->