whats in your xmas eve box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spend Christmas up in the mountains in a little cabin. Our christmas eve box has warm jammies, a fuzzy blanket for each of the kids, hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, stovetop popcorn, and some toffee candies we used to get at Christmas when I was a kid. I'll have an activity box too for a few days ahead with stuff to make birdseed ornaments and popcorn and cranberry strings. On Christmas Eve we will decorate a tree in the forest with those for the birds.

This sounds wonderful :cloud9:

I want to do one! But I'm stuck on what to put in for my 18 month old.
So far I have curious George christmas dvd!
I'm looking for some nice tartan pyjamas for him but can't find any! And I'll probably put some slippers in.
Other than that I'm stuck, maybe a hot chocolate sachet and a Christmas chocolate lolly pop.
I'd like to buy/make some reindeer food but don't know where I'd get it.
I'm not good at this stuff lol x

I still have to buy some of this stuff but for my 19 month old I have planned ...

The polar express DVD (still to get) my LO is obsessed with trains
PJs (bought at primark and I'm sure I saw tartan pj's there)
A chocolate straw that he can have with some warm milk. I let him have this occasionally and he love them.
A Santa key. He's still too you to appreciate this but will keep it and use every year. Although saying that ... He loves keys :haha:

Thanks that sounds great. Where did you get the santa key please? X

I want to do one! But I'm stuck on what to put in for my 18 month old.
So far I have curious George christmas dvd!
I'm looking for some nice tartan pyjamas for him but can't find any! And I'll probably put some slippers in.
Other than that I'm stuck, maybe a hot chocolate sachet and a Christmas chocolate lolly pop.
I'd like to buy/make some reindeer food but don't know where I'd get it.
I'm not good at this stuff lol x

I still have to buy some of this stuff but for my 19 month old I have planned ...

The polar express DVD (still to get) my LO is obsessed with trains
PJs (bought at primark and I'm sure I saw tartan pj's there)
A chocolate straw that he can have with some warm milk. I let him have this occasionally and he love them.
A Santa key. He's still too you to appreciate this but will keep it and use every year. Although saying that ... He loves keys :haha:

Thanks that sounds great. Where did you get the santa key please? X

I've heard they have them at the card shops but I was looking on eBay searching "large Victorian keys" "vintage keys" "streampunk keys" and i was going to get one of those and ask my OH to do a tag for it.

I should probably get cracking on the though!

Love this thread for ideas so commenting to thank you all and keep hold of it for inspiration

We spend Christmas up in the mountains in a little cabin. Our christmas eve box has warm jammies, a fuzzy blanket for each of the kids, hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, stovetop popcorn, and some toffee candies we used to get at Christmas when I was a kid. I'll have an activity box too for a few days ahead with stuff to make birdseed ornaments and popcorn and cranberry strings. On Christmas Eve we will decorate a tree in the forest with those for the birds.

That sounds amazing!

It is absolutely magical. For years we would travel 1500 miles to see family to sleep on blow up mattresses, cram our schedule visiting everyone who wanted to see us, and have at least one kid vomit once during the affair. So much for happy holiday memories! About 6 years ago I put my foot down and dreamed up my perfect Christmas and made it happen and everyone loved it. It helped that the first year we had a meter of snow on Christmas Eve!

That sounds amazing!

It is absolutely magical. For years we would travel 1500 miles to see family to sleep on blow up mattresses, cram our schedule visiting everyone who wanted to see us, and have at least one kid vomit once during the affair. So much for happy holiday memories! About 6 years ago I put my foot down and dreamed up my perfect Christmas and made it happen and everyone loved it. It helped that the first year we had a meter of snow on Christmas Eve!

Ive changed my mind.... can I spend Christmas with you this year please? Ha x

I've bought a few things this morning:
- christmas pj's
- dressing gown
- slippers
- reindeer dust
- santa stop here sign
- will put her santa plate in there to leave out for him
- gonna buy a christmas themed book from home bargins this week

Both kids get two pairs of PJ's, one for Christmas Eve and one for Christmas Day. My 18 month old has a Christmas board book set and a set of wooden vehicle puzzles. My 4.5 year old has a small Christmas playmobile set and the Christmas Flat Stanley book. I will add something to snack on too nearer the time.

We have:

New pjs for all three girls
A polar bear mug with sweets in for the older two
Mickeys once upon a christmas dvd
Alfie christmas book
Santas magic key
Santas plate and cup
A personalised xmas dec each for the tree
Snowman bath fizzer each

Still to get-
Hot chocolate
A new cup for the baby