What's wrong with me?

michmash

Reaction score
I am a very busy woman. Married with 2 very energetic boys (5yr & 1yr7mnt old) and I work 30hr a week. My husband works full time but we still struggle to get by. We literally live paycheck to paycheck... But I can't seem to get rid of this feeling that I want a 3rd! I feel like something's wrong with me. I am already overwhelmed with all the stuff going on in my life... my oldest is going to start Primary school this year and it was already a toll on me when he started prek (I had my youngest during that period) and it was so hard to go anywhere with both of them (still is)... My dh doesn't really help much so you can imagine how tired I am by the end of the day... So why the heck do I feel like I really want another baby?? WHY??? :growlmad:

I'm sorry you are feeling this way, it's very hard deciding on another child, if you see my tickers there are big age gaps between my children, all to do with timing it so we we wouldn't be in a financial struggle, with the bigger age gaps I was able to enjoy the time I spent with my daughter and hopefully it will be the same with the next one, waiting 6 years each time is not ideal and I'm not suggesting if for you but maybe put off having another child for another year or 2? Once your youngest starts nursery, or until your oldest gets settled in primary school? What does your husband think? Is happy to try again?

Thanks for your input. I was actually thinking it would be best if we wait another couple of years as you said. I was pretty young when I had the first one (21) so it would be ideal for us to have a 3rd when I'm in my early 30s. I haven't said anything to dh since we thought that my 2nd would be our last baby but we had a bit of a gender disappointment when we knew that we were having another boy. I would get so emotional when I think that we would never get another chance. I know it would be crazy for us to try for another at the time being so I never mention anything. But recently we got some good news, and it's probable that I won't have to work anymore if we succeed and our financial situation will be much better. Kinda gave me hope :) We'll see :fingerscrossed:

I can so identify with how you're feeling MichMash! I have 2 and I want a third really badly. I also work 40+ hours a week and my hubby does not help out much at all too, so I definitely know how exhausting it is. I have a boy and a girl so everyone thinks I'm crazy to want another when I already have a "complete set." I think there is just no rhyme or reason when it comes to having children. The heart wants what it wants.

A bigger age gap definitely helps if you work full time and want to avoid paying for two children in daycare. You are so young and are lucky to have the luxury of being able to wait. The only downside to waiting longer though is that once your youngest gets out of the toddler stage you may not feel like starting over again with a baby. I feel that way sometime even with just a three year gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->