• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When are you doing your Christmas food shopping?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
My usual shopping day is Christmas day so won't be going then and I don't fancy Christmas eve either, lol. I'm hoping for maybe the Tuesday that it won't be too busy!

I finish work on the 18th so will probably do a bit on my way home from work that evening and the rest on the 21st, it really depends on the dates on things like chicken, cream etc.

Monday 21st. Frustrating as DH will be working and the girls off school so will have to take them

I could go Friday 18th but not sure if the meat etc will be available then.

Monday 21st. Frustrating as DH will be working and the girls off school so will have to take them

I could go Friday 18th but not sure if the meat etc will be available then.
Ds doesn't finish school until the 22nd. Not easy to do food shopping with children in toe. Could you do most of it on the 18th and only have the fridge things till the following week?

I have a delivery booked for the 22nd
I’m not doing the Christmas dinner so don’t need stuff for that.
I usually do a shop on Mondays, I’m gonna do my shop this Monday but get bits to last til Friday then I’ll do a bit of a top up shop to last until the delivery comes.

I will probably pick up a few bits this week with our usual shop and then DH will go next week for the main shop .

We don’t usually go overboard as we wasted so much one year ! although this year we will be home a lot more and I am cooking the dinner !

Ds doesn't finish school until the 22nd. Not easy to do food shopping with children in toe. Could you do most of it on the 18th and only have the fridge things till the following week?

It's only really the fridge/fresh stuff we need. Hopefully he gets an early shift so I can go myself. Although he works 12 hour days sometimes
It's my fault as I normal order well in advance but didn't this year and now all slots are booked #-o

Dh usually goes early doors on the 23rd for veg and other fresh bits. Picking up meat from butchers on Xmas eve.

I have a delivery slot booked for the 22nd/23rd cant remember which. On Monday I'm going to get as much as I can, then it'll just be anything that has to be fresh for that slot. Anything that doesn't come we will either go with out or run up the co-op for

Probably this Friday x
I read this and thought, gosh, that's a bit early... and then had a creeping sensation up my back when I realised that's only 6 days before Christmas eve!!!!

I read this and thought, gosh, that's a bit early... and then had a creeping sensation up my back when I realised that's only 6 days before Christmas eve!!!!
Lol, yeah it’s not long now x

I have a Christmas delivery slot booked for 19th, whatever doesn't arrive gives me 5 days to get elsewhere. Meat will be from a local family-run butcher this year

Going to try and get the snacky stuff today at Aldi and probably get everything else next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I got the majority of mine today. Couple of little bits I couldn't find but still time to get them

DH and I are going on Friday (for a romantic date, ha ha) to get bits that will last (such as 100 tubs of Quality Streets) and then one of us will go to the butcher/green grocer a couple of days before Christmas.

My mom's doing the dinner but probably will go the 22nd and get supplies to make a dessert at hers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->