• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When are you doing your Christmas food shopping?

Dh going early doors tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed!

Ugh to the substitutes!

our grocery stores don’t do grocery pick up we have to go in and get the food which is annoying!
We got most of our food last week and tomorrow we are braving the crowds to get the pumpkin pies, rolls, fresh veg and fruit.

Only good one is paxo stuffing instead of Asda own

they didn’t have mozzarella dippers, only a 12 pack of savoury eggs instead of 16, no Christmas tree nuggets thankfully already got a pack just in case, swapped the donuts I needed for North Pole breakfast,
I ordered chicken breasts and they sent turkey steaks surely they must have had chicken or some sort haha!
Managed to nip along to coop and herons and get a couple of bits and will just refuse the swaps, I was more gutted about the mozzarella dippers they are a must!
I also picked up a couple of ‘in case’ Christmas dinner bits because oldest doesn’t feel well he’s got a sore throat so I don’t think it’s Covid but will see how he goes.

Ugh to the substitutes!

our grocery stores don’t do grocery pick up we have to go in and get the food which is annoying!
We got most of our food last week and tomorrow we are braving the crowds to get the pumpkin pies, rolls, fresh veg and fruit.

I love pumpkin pie! I wish it was something they sold in stores here! I got some in wal mart when we were in florida and it was so nice!

I love pumpkin pie! I wish it was something they sold in stores here! I got some in wal mart when we were in florida and it was so nice!

my kids love it too, I’m on the fence lol
If you have pumpkin purée over there you can make it with that, I’ve never tried making it myself but supposed to be pretty easy.

My turkey and veggie and other bits coming tomorrow at 8am and I did some shopping tonight for perishables etc. Got alcohol ages ago and that should do us over the weekend :). Hopefully no substitutes or il need to go back

Only good one is paxo stuffing instead of Asda own

they didn’t have mozzarella dippers, only a 12 pack of savoury eggs instead of 16, no Christmas tree nuggets thankfully already got a pack just in case, swapped the donuts I needed for North Pole breakfast,
I ordered chicken breasts and they sent turkey steaks surely they must have had chicken or some sort haha!
Managed to nip along to coop and herons and get a couple of bits and will just refuse the swaps, I was more gutted about the mozzarella dippers they are a must!
I also picked up a couple of ‘in case’ Christmas dinner bits because oldest doesn’t feel well he’s got a sore throat so I don’t think it’s Covid but will see how he goes.

Oh that's frustrating.

We've been playing Tetris with the freezer! Christmas is the only time of year it is full!

my kids love it too, I’m on the fence lol
If you have pumpkin purée over there you can make it with that, I’ve never tried making it myself but supposed to be pretty easy.
I think you can get it places here but it’s quite hard to find

Oh that's frustrating.

We've been playing Tetris with the freezer! Christmas is the only time of year it is full!

Oh I know the feeling our fridge/freezer is tiny and it’s a pain at Christmas!

we're lucky to have a chest freezer but we definitely play fridge tetris :haha:
When we moved in here there was a huge chest freezer in our shed. It didn't work and had to remove a window to get it out the house. I wish we had one in there now though (that worked obv)

Just the chicken to get, no one had an organic one today so I'll have another look tomorrow, not a huge hassle jumping in to s shop straight to the chicken fridge and back out past the crowds. If I can't get on tomorrow I'll pick up a pack of organic legs or breast for my sister and a regular one for the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->