When are you making the announcement?

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
I'm still super early (5 weeks (ish)). I'm wondering when I should make the announcement. This will be our 3rd baby.
I am going with a midwife this time around, and wont have an u/s until much later (around 12 weeks). My problem is that I know I will be showing quicker this time around with it being my 3rd baby (and I tend to show early).
I'm worries about telling people without having the u/s first. What should I do?:shrug:

I'm also 5 weeks and we have already told people. Yeah I think it's better to wait if you can but at the same time, people can still have miscarriages after the 12th week of pregnancy.

I am already overweight so I know I will be showing very quickly so we just told people. Not to mention, we are very excited! It's so hard to keep it a secret! :)

We're telling family this weekend, I'll be 8 weeks and we see midwife on Wednesday so think it will be more real.

Gonna wait till after the scan to tell friends I think depending on how long away that is as don't have the date yet.

We are telling close friends and family after our scan on Thursday at 7 weeks. Not sure when we are telling Facebook and work though.

We are waiting until near 12 weeks.. so like 3 weeks or so. Just want to see the baby another time on the US, and we will only be telling family for a while. We will not make the big announcement until probably like 16 ish weeks. We need to tell all the important people first so they do not get offended

My mother-in-law knows, and my sisters-in-law will probably know tomorrow as we have a joint acupuncture appointment together.

But I'm not telling anyone else until I see a heartbeat. Hopefully after the 8 week scan. Then I'll tell my side of the family (the reason I'm keeping it from them is because I don't want them to worry about me if I miscarry again). The rest of the world (friends and other extended family) will fine out after the 12 week scan!

I'll add that with my first pregnancy, we told everyone right away. Then I miscarried at 7.5 weeks. So I regretted telling everyone.

We're planning on telling after our next ultrasound in about 6 weeks. I've told at different times depending on the situation. With my last I told at 7 weeks because there was a potential problem with the pregnancy and I wanted close family/friends for support. All turned out well though. Can you tell close family/friends who would notice you showing earlier, then wait until after the scan to tell everyone else? I find it hardest to hide from those closest to me!

I told my mom the day I found out I was pregies. Now I'm waiting 4 my 8 weeks scan to tell my husband's family which my scan is scheduled for the 16th of Oct. The rest of the world will just see my bump growing :)

We are waiting until after genetic scanning at 12 weeks.

We have told a lot of people family & close friends but going properly public next week after 12 week scan of all goes well!

Im not sure when we will tell as my mum just went to australia for a month and when she comes back dh will be away and i dont really want to tell her on skype or tell anyone else so she doesnt find out from us so i will probably wait for the scan though it is killing me already.

Im 11+5 with my fourth I purposely haven't told everyone yet because firstly my husband told everyone at 5 weeks last year with Tallulah and it dragged on forever and secondly it is three of my cousins first babies and I just feel like it is their turn to have all the excitement, I also have three girls and don't know if I can deal with the whole 'are you going to keep going to get a boy?' Have you been in a special boy diet, will you be disappointed bollocks! I'm hoping to announce between 13-16 weeks, I look chubbier but not obvs preg even though I had a baby 10 months ago and this is my fourth x

We told my parents, his mother, and his family in the Philippines (since we don't see them). We will tell the rest of my gigantic family (and the world via Facebook) on Thanksgiving. We plan on just showing up to my aunt's and let everyone see (I'm showing already!) :winkwink:

I am waiting until after my 19 week anatomy scan to make it public....a few people know now but there are way more that don't. They will be shocked, I am sure :)

Hubby won't let us till we've had our 12 week scan as we've had two early losses this year. We have told my mum and siblings, fil and step mil plus a few close friends. Dreading telling mil we don't speak but will have the decency to tell her from us so she doesn't have to find out from anyone else. So another 4 weeks to wait, I just want to tell everyone now lol!

We have told close family but won't be making a facebook announcement. We will tell more people when I am really showing. We lost our son at 31 weeks so it just leaves you feeling like you really want to keep it to yourself b/c you realize if that happens again it would be heart breaking for everyone all over again...

Im 11+5 with my fourth I purposely haven't told everyone yet because firstly my husband told everyone at 5 weeks last year with Tallulah and it dragged on forever and secondly it is three of my cousins first babies and I just feel like it is their turn to have all the excitement, I also have three girls and don't know if I can deal with the whole 'are you going to keep going to get a boy?' Have you been in a special boy diet, will you be disappointed bollocks! I'm hoping to announce between 13-16 weeks, I look chubbier but not obvs preg even though I had a baby 10 months ago and this is my fourth x
I'm not looking forward to that either, but reverse for a girl. I do want a girl more then anything but every baby should be worth a huge congratulations not 'oh another boy/girl' It truly invalidates that child it's horrible!
I'd honestly wait until she/he was born to tell if I had the patience lol!!!

Waiting till the all-clear from the 12-week scan. I'm starting to show a little bit, but if anyone suspects, they will just have to button it and continue to wonder.

I've been asked a couple of times if I'm pregnant just because people know we want a second. I'm always amazed that people have the nerve to ask. Surely if someone wants you to know they are pregnant, they will volunteer that information. If they haven't volunteered that information, it's because THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW. :dohh: It's not really the sort of thing you forget to mention.

My pregnancy was a surprise, so I told my dad and sister shortly after I found out at 5 weeks. My boyfriend told his mom and sister around that time, too. I just wanted to have the immediate family know until after we had an appointment/scan to make sure everything is okay. My boyfriend has been telling all of his friends though. It is kind of annoying me because I asked him not to. I have my scan on Thursday, so, if all goes well, we will probably go public shortly after that (at 10 weeks).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->