When did you first hear baby with a doppler

Celesse

Reaction score
When did you first find baby with a home doppler?

I'm sure this has been the topic of many threads but I've never seen a poll.... so lets have one!

<7 weeks (are you really sure?..... really really sure?)
7+0 to 7+6
8+0 to 8+6
9+0 to 9+6
10+0 to 10+6
11+0 to 11+6
>12 weeks

I was 9+ with my others so that is what I ticked. I have a new doppler now, a professional looking one so I'm hoping to find it earlier this time.

8 weeks 4 days i tried for ages at 8 weeks 2 days, my mam passed away when i was 8 weeks 3 days and i heard it the.morning of 8 weeks 4 days it was almost like her heart stopped beating and i heard my babys the next day, so strange x

First try at 9w 6d at midwives, no go :(

Next try at 11w 6d...nice and clear :)

I have a tilted uterus so much harder to get a hold of lo!

I was 9+1 with my DS (1st time trying) but not voted yet because I want to see when I can hear this one!

Found easily at 8+1... the day I got my doppler with Sonoline B.

Yesterday at 9+1 after a week of searching. still very faint though

7 weeks 5 days :) confirmed by doctor :) too a video as evidence lol. And 100% sure of my dates after 2 early scans.

With a hi bebe doppler

So far my new doppler has yielded no results. I think I'll feel a lot better when baby is big enough to hear.

I got my Doppler this morning 8w1d with ultrasound gel and could only find my heartbeat lol, I have the Hi-bebe I'm going to try again tonight. Any tips?

I got my Doppler this morning 8w1d with ultrasound gel and could only find my heartbeat lol, I have the Hi-bebe I'm going to try again tonight. Any tips?

I found it was best to do at night. Laid flat on my back. Started in the middle and right on too on my pubic bone and angled the Doppler down. Then moved very very slowly. First time I heard the heart beat I had the Doppler as loud as it could go and it was still crazy faint. It became a lot clearer around 10 weeks

I am not sure how far exactly I am. By my calculations I am 9w5d by u/s I am just 9w. I got heartbeat very briefly about 2 days ago but today I was able to hear and see monitor reading couple of times for about 30-40 sec each time. Getting heartbeat at this stage requires a lot of gel and patience. My readings were up to 192 hmm today.

Had no luck last night I though I may have found it for a second but very quickly lost it and couldn't find it again lol.

I'm going to leave it a few days and try again.

What helped me is to stay in one spot for about 3-4 min trying VERy slowly to angle it a bit. Also try even briefly to find this superfast racing sound and just keep there as hard as you could. The reading on your monitor should climb up rapidly. I find it very difficult to keep in one spot as even briefing interferes.

I voted 11 weeks, but I only got to hear it then as I had to go to an out of hours doctor as I lost my plug and had a bit of a bleed. and as I was having my scan the next day all they could do was to see if they could find a heart beat. and they did.

So I found my placenta this morning :D super excited to try again in the morning to see if I can find baby this time :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->