When did you set up your pack and plays?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
My sister got me the cutest pack and play on the planet and it's taking massive amounts of will power to not bust it out of the box and set it up even though we have plenty of time left to go.:haha:

I set mine up a few days ago. :) If you have the room to set it up already, I say why not? It helps me get in the mindset of having another little one running around soon, and makes me feel happy and excited!

I set mine up about three weeks before I was due, but didn't put it in it's place until about a week before I was due.

Since we live in an apartment the place I want to put it is in our living room.

Spacey - I like the idea of it helping you get in the mindset, I wonder if it'll help me get more energy to nest and prepare the nursery... it still looks like a cyclone went though:blush:

We set our stuff all up a month and a half or two before DS came. I say go for it! Gives you time to decide if you want to keep it there too...and its just fun!

I'm from australia and I've never really heard the term pack and play before... I just looked it up and it looks like what I'd refer to as a portable or travel cot. Why are they so popular in the states? Do you use it as baby's main cot? I've only really seen people use wooden cots as the proper sleeping cot

I came home one day at about 23 weeks along to find my mom and sister putting up a brand new Minnie mouse pack n play!! This is the first girl grandchild (the other four are boys) so my family has gone nuts!!

I'm from australia and I've never really heard the term pack and play before... I just looked it up and it looks like what I'd refer to as a portable or travel cot. Why are they so popular in the states? Do you use it as baby's main cot? I've only really seen people use wooden cots as the proper sleeping cot

We'll be using it in our living/family room so if I'm not wearing baby I know where she is while I'm in the kitchen or something. It'll also be used as a travel cot for when we go over to family's places.

I came home one day at about 23 weeks along to find my mom and sister putting up a brand new Minnie mouse pack n play!! This is the first girl grandchild (the other four are boys) so my family has gone nuts!!

That is so cute! I know my MIL is going totally nutty over her first grand baby :) She's offered to come over and set up the nursery with me but first I need DH's help with the furniture.

It kind of depends on the use of it. I'm using mine as where lo is going to sleep as we have a very small area, and crib wouldn't work for us. With that being said.....I'm 38 weeks tomorrow according to dating scan, or I'm 38w3d today by edd, and I have yet to set mine up.

I seriously get the nesting instinct, but have no motivation to see it through. So frustrating lol.

I'm weird in day dreaming about nesting and getting ready, but my energy is nonexistent :sleep:

Can I ask what a pack and play is? I'm from the UK and I've never heard of this before :blush:

I would describe them as like a play yard or a traveling bed/play area. They're great for people with bigger homes and have to step away from LO. For me I want a place to put LO when I need to be elsewhere, but not have her as far as the nursery in her crib and have her closer to me. Also for when we go visit friends or family and plan on staying a night or two, it can work as a sleeping area for her.

Can I ask what a pack and play is? I'm from the UK and I've never heard of this before :blush:

this is mine.....https://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Disne...wers-Care-Center-Playard/33356858?type=search

I guess you'd call it a travel cot?
I use mine as baby's primary bed during the day ( the bassinet top) until about 5-6 months ( or when ever she can sit up, then take off the bassinet top to use as a safe place for baby to play and sleep while I'm cleaning/working around the house. My house is very difficult to baby proof completely.
it will also be her primary bed at night time after she can sit up as it is low to the floors and safer if she tries to club out. I've never used a real crib for after ds#1 as he could stand and walk at 8 months and started to try to climb out of his crib!! It is very difficult to climb out of these until they are toddlers as the sides are breathable mesh not bars.

LO is two months old and I still don't have mine out lol.

1. My place is WAY to small for it
2. I've never tried having her sleeping in it. Since we don't have the room, putting the bassinet top on it and having to remove it everytime we put it away would be too much of a hassle

Whenever she's sitting up on her own and wants to play I'll bring it out and put her in it, until them it's just folded up in a corner lol

Goodness Emeeorevan, you've got mischief makers! :) The mini mouse theme is adorable.

This is ours: https://www.amazon.com/Summer-Infant-Friends-Playard-Espresso/dp/B00CXGPNGU It matches our woodland animal theme we're doing with LO's nursery :)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Pack-n-Play-On-the-Go-Playard-Twister/24675193

This is the one we got. I was going to get the one with the napper/changer on top and then realized that most likely it would be easier just to get him out to change him, and cuddle him (because he'll most likely want to feed too), and I'm not sure about the napper. I'd rather just put him down in the bassinet part.

Emeeorevan, we can't really baby proof our area either at this time. We are still hoping to find a bigger place before he starts moving around, to make it easier on us, but it all depends on our area.

I've had mine in a box since about 6 weeks, and finally couldn't contain myself and set it up at 25 weeks, lol. I've got a simple Graco model that has the bassinet attachment. This will be used in place of a crib as I can just roll it from room to room as needed and a crib would be pointless as I try to save on money. When baby out grows the bassinet part, I'll just drop the mattress down and continue to use it until transitioning into a toddler bed, they're not that little for long ♥

Goodness Emeeorevan, you've got mischief makers! :)

yes! Both my sons were walking well by 8-9 months old and running well before one year old! They tried to climb everything!! My ds#1 was not quite two when I caught him trying to climb from the counter top to the top of the fridge! How he made onto the counter without a chair I still don't know! I was in the kitchen with him! I was washing my hands at the sink and somehow he made to the counter and was standing, reaching up to climb the fridge!! Can you say SCARED!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->