when did you start reduced lo milk intake

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
so at the mo as lo is still young (5month) she is just having som purees alongside her usual milk so she still has 5-6 9oz bottles a day at the moment she is having 2 lots of puree a day so she has tea and breakfast soon we will be introducing milk were just stuck trying to get a breakfast routine going at the min

my question is when do you start reducing babies milk intake iykwim i see on hear like 9 month olds that are having 2 bottles a day how do you and when do you start to reduce the milk intake because ive read in cow and gate weening plan you shouldnt reduce their milk intake at all till 12 months im so confused which is right lol :shrug:

My lo has always hated his milk so since introducing purees he has cut down how much he drinks. I can still get him to have the 5 bottles but he wont finish them.

I think before 12 months you shouldnt cut them down as she takes more and more solids she will just drop bottles herself kind of thing but you shouldnt take one away from her if she still wants it.

^^ i get it so she will just start to refuse her bottles as she takes more at meal time

thanks why do all the baby websites make it so confusing lol why not just say what you said lol

My LO was on 6 x 9oz bottles when I started weaning. He gradually dropped that over time himself and now takes 3 x 8oz bottles. Follow your LOs lead xxx

You will probably find that your LO will drop te lunchtime bottle when she is on 3 solid meals a day I would cut milk out unless your baby stops taking it x

well today she has had her breakfast and only taken 6oz of milk were she normally takes 9 and yesterday she ate loads and loads of tea but only had 4 bottles through the day instead of 5 but she woke at 1am for a bottle wich she normally doesnt do that im thinking of giving her unch today as she has been really unsettled with her milk at lunchtime now and shes been weeking for about 4 weeks with tea and breakfast :)

We didn't/havent.

We just go with lo and she's cut herself down from 5 x 180mls a day to 2 x 150mms (one with her cereal) and a bedtime bottle of 210ml. My advice would be keep offering the same amount and youll most likely see a pattern of how much lo takes each time and don't just offer the bottle because it's time, wait for the signs that they want it

Its very confusing :dohh:

The basic rule of thumb is that formula/breastmilk is there main source of nutrition for the first 12 months. Having said that, I found Isaac getting less and less interested in his milk feeds and so started increasing the amount of solids he has at each meal and giving him some water. I still breastfeed him on demand and try to offer it to him throughout the day, but he has reduced his milk intake on his own. He still feeds every 2-4 hours during the night, so he is still drinking lots of milk then, but no so much during the day :dohh:

Just follow your baby's lead hun :flower:

we have been advised by Ellies consultant to keep giving her full fat milk for a while yet as much as she wants, but Ellie has got problems with her weight, with Mia she just started refusing some feeds around 14 monthish xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->