When did you tell your parents?

A

alishaaa

Hello im not really new to BnB but i am new to this part :)
My name is Alisha and im 17,
I found out yesterday that i was pregnant, after having a M/C in febuary. Im not really too sure how i got pregnant again :wacko: considering i was on the pill. But hey a nice little suprise

I just wanted to ask when did you all decide to tell your parents that you was pregnant?

I really dont want to tell them yet as i know how they will react, i want to get my head round the idea of having a baby first. :s
So when did you tell yours, and how did you tell them?

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 19
Firstly Congrats on your pregnancy & sorry about your loss. do you know how far gone you are?

to be honest i never told my mum, either time she sort of just knew at 10 weeks with my son she told me i was as she noticed my belly had got darker & at 6 weeks i think she noticed as it was xmas and i wasnt drinking lol im a BIG drinker.
i know OH didnt tell his mum till i was about 17 weeks, we had a 4d scan done & after he went to see her & just handed her the photos xx

Firstly Congrats on your pregnancy & sorry about your loss. do you know how far gone you are?

to be honest i never told my mum, either time she sort of just knew at 10 weeks with my son she told me i was as she noticed my belly had got darker & at 6 weeks i think she noticed as it was xmas and i wasnt drinking lol im a BIG drinker.
i know OH didnt tell his mum till i was about 17 weeks, we had a 4d scan done & after he went to see her & just handed her the photos xx

Going from my last AF, 4 weeks+4 days.
I dont not want to tell her but i just want a better way, i like the idea of handing her scan photos. That way she might not be AS mad lol. How did your mum take it? xx

I dont not want to tell her but i just want a better way, i like the idea of handing her scan photos. That way she might not be AS mad lol. How did your mum take it? xx

Not as good as i would have liked with my son she refused to talk about my pregnancy untill my 20 week scan. i invited her and she :cry: when she noticed it was a boy (mum only has girls) now she's his biggest fan takes him everywhere and helped me alot along the 2nd half of my pregnancy. this time she was upset but mainly i think because i had had 3 mc before and she didnt wanna get excited 2 early. but even if there angry at the beginning they most likely will come round and support you :hugs:

Not as good as i would have liked with my son she refused to talk about my pregnancy untill my 20 week scan. i invited her and she :cry: when she noticed it was a boy (mum only has girls) now she's his biggest fan takes him everywhere and helped me alot along the 2nd half of my pregnancy. this time she was upset but mainly i think because i had had 3 mc before and she didnt wanna get excited 2 early. but even if there angry at the beginning they most likely will come round and support you :hugs:

Yeah, i know they will come around eventually. Specially when she will get to see the baby on scans and stuff. I just think if i tell her now she will be disapointed, as its not really "real" yet xx

Yeah, i know they will come around eventually. Specially when she will get to see the baby on scans and stuff. I just think if i tell her now she will be disapointed, as its not really "real" yet xx

Hmm then how about waiting a few weeks before you tell her?

Hiya, and congrats :thumbup:
I found out i was pregnant when i was 6 weeks, i told my mum at 10 weeks. Honestly i wish i told her as soon as i found out because i was sooo stressed over it, and about telling her because i thought she'd hit the roof, but once she knew it was alot easier to deal with. She kinda already knew before i told her because we had an argument and i left, but stupidly left my facebook up on my laptop :dohh: it had loads of messages to FOB talking about it. I denied it when she asked me, and got my best friend to tell her a few days later :haha: She was pissed at first but got over it quickly and told my dad and the rest of my family for me :) Dont wait too long, it gets harder the longer you wait! good luck xxx

Welcome to the Teen Pregnancy section of the forum and Congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:
My name is Chloé, I am 18 years old and 34+5 weeks pregnant with my little baby who is due on the 11th of July. I am also a mummy to an angel, Alex, who I lost last April at 12 weeks. I am sorry to hear about your loss sweetheart. How far along were you when you miscarried? :hugs:

I got pregnant the first time when I was on the pill. Where you taking antibiotics for anything before you got pregnant? Antibiotics can affect the reliability of the pill. Or did you have any type of vomiting or diarrhoea? This can also affect the reliability of your contraceptive pill. I actually had a vomiting bug before I got pregnant and didn't realise that being sick would make my contraception defective. This time, we were using a condom and it must have split without us noticing and 2+6 weeks later... I found out I was pregnant :haha: Ps. Is that a Boots pregnancy test I see? I must have pee'd on about 20 of them last year when I found out I was pregnant!!! xox

I found out i was pregnant when i was 6 weeks, i told my mum at 10 weeks. Honestly i wish i told her as soon as i found out because i was sooo stressed over it, and about telling her because i thought she'd hit the roof, but once she knew it was alot easier to deal with. She kinda already knew before i told her because we had an argument and i left, but stupidly left my facebook up on my laptop :dohh: it had loads of messages to FOB talking about it. I denied it when she asked me, and got my best friend to tell her a few days later :haha: She was pissed at first but got over it quickly and told my dad and the rest of my family for me :) Dont wait too long, it gets harder the longer you wait! good luck xxx

Your son is adorable btw xx

Your son is adorable btw xx

Thankyouuuu:) xx

Welcome to the Teen Pregnancy section of the forum and Congratulations on your pregnancy :flower:
My name is Chloé, I am 18 years old and 34+5 weeks pregnant with my little baby who is due on the 11th of July. I am also a mummy to an angel, Alex, who I lost last April at 12 weeks. I am sorry to hear about your loss sweetheart. How far along were you when you miscarried? :hugs:

I got pregnant the first time when I was on the pill. Where you taking antibiotics for anything before you got pregnant? Antibiotics can affect the reliability of the pill. Or did you have any type of vomiting or diarrhoea? This can also affect the reliability of your contraceptive pill. I actually had a vomiting bug before I got pregnant and didn't realise that being sick would make my contraception defective. This time, we were using a condom and it must have split without us noticing and 2+6 weeks later... I found out I was pregnant :haha: Ps. Is that a Boots pregnancy test I see? I must have pee'd on about 20 of them last year when I found out I was pregnant!!! xox

I was 10 weeks. We was using condoms but one broke :dohh:
But this time i was being super careful, making sure i took my pill. Like clock work. I was on cerazette? Which was horrible. I actually went to the clinic on monday and asked to swap the pill as i had already known a few friends that had got pregnant on it. Made an appointment, and what you know i had to un book.
The only times i had been sick is only this past week, and maybe once the middle of may? But i dont think it could of messed up cause that one time.

Im really sorry for your loss to chloe :( Your so close now though. I love your names you've picked

Yes yes its a boots :) Superdrug was closed lol,I was so suprised how dark my lines were, AF was only ment to be due wednesday.

Nice to meet you xx

The only times i had been sick is only this past week, and maybe once the middle of may? But i dont think it could of messed up cause that one time.

I think it depends how soon after taking it, where in your cycle you are, and how badly sick you are??!! Mid may would be about right based on your lmp? Doesn't really matter now though as it has happened:happydance:

(I think doctors sometimes like to know so they get an idea of how effective something is but not all even ask.)

Congratulations!! I am Abbie. I'm 16 and 17 weeks pregnant. I was on the pill when I got pregnant too. But I was taking an antibiotic. I didn't know that it would make it not work. I know now! I found out around 6-7 weeks. I was throwing up really badly and figured I either had to be pregnant or dying. I didn't tell my mom until 10 weeks. I was really scared. She didn't take it too well. But I think she'll come around. FOB told his parents on Easter (around 12 weeks). They took it great. I actually just moved in with FOB and his parents. So is your FOB excited?
It's hard to guess people's reactions. One thing my mom was pissed about was that I'd known for about a month and didn't tell her. So I'd recommend sooner rather than later. I'm sure she will be excited. It may not be immediate but give her time to absorb the information.
My dad lives in a different state. One of my brothers told him through email and he called me. He isn't very involved in my life. He was pretty cool about it.
Good luck!

congrats :)
I told my mum straight away....but got her to tell my dad lol was too scared haha

Congratulations!! I am Abbie. I'm 16 and 17 weeks pregnant. I was on the pill when I got pregnant too. But I was taking an antibiotic. I didn't know that it would make it not work. I know now! I found out around 6-7 weeks. I was throwing up really badly and figured I either had to be pregnant or dying. I didn't tell my mom until 10 weeks. I was really scared. She didn't take it too well. But I think she'll come around. FOB told his parents on Easter (around 12 weeks). They took it great. I actually just moved in with FOB and his parents. So is your FOB excited?
It's hard to guess people's reactions. One thing my mom was pissed about was that I'd known for about a month and didn't tell her. So I'd recommend sooner rather than later. I'm sure she will be excited. It may not be immediate but give her time to absorb the information.
My dad lives in a different state. One of my brothers told him through email and he called me. He isn't very involved in my life. He was pretty cool about it.
Good luck!

Hello, FOB is more shocked at the moment. We litterally found out yesterday so we haven't really had time to even speak about it. My parents are going away next week i really dont want to ruin there holiday. If they know im pregnant they wont want to go :nope:

The first time around I told my mom 2 weeks after I found out. I was 19 (I found out at 6 weeks so I told my mom at 8 weeks). My dad I told at like 6 months :haha:

This time nobody except 4 of my friends know. Im not planning on telling my parents untl Im showing and it's obvious, because having 2 babies only 11 months apart and being only 21 when this one is born, is not exactly what they had planned for me lol!!!

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! :D

Congrats was baby planned? I didnt really have a problem telling my mum as she was with me when i found out but i told my dad through email. I dont live with him and i couldnt get through to his phone so i wanted to tell him before he found out from someone else.

Everyone is happy now though :)

xx

Hi alishaaa, I used the same pregnancy test as you, I found out I was pregnant this week and just got money in my bank, so I told my mum I was just going down the road and I went in to boots, and was thinking "I bet this is going to be negative not sure if I should waste money" and then I got a BFP! I was shocked, but couldn't stop crying so I kept dropping hints to my mum telling her I love her, and for her not to be dissapointed in me.. and I will go in to uni next year blah blah, then I just came out with it because I had a feeling she already knew as I showed her my nipples one time and it was red, so she suspected I was pregnant from there.

2 days after she told my brother and my dad.

It's been like 4 days now since this all happened with my mum and family, and it's been a whirl wind for me and us all. My ex boyfriend is a prick, but he keeps saying he wants to see me. But yeah, I told my mum as soon as I found out and my dad like 2 days after, because I was scared to let him know.

Hey Hun :) :hugs: congrats on the :bfp:

:dust:

I'm Skye, I'm 17 and 23 weeks pregnant with a little boy :)
I waited a while to tell my parents, and I regret it. I thought they'd try to kill me.. I told my dad when I was around 12 weeks and he took it extremely well, now he's very excited! I didn't tell me mom until I was 18 weeks :wacko: and I totally regret it now because she's my biggest support person. Your parents love you and even if they're disapointed they'll more then likely come around to the idea and be supportive. In my eyes it's better to tell them early rather then late.. :hugs:

Hi alishaaa, I used the same pregnancy test as you, I found out I was pregnant this week and just got money in my bank, so I told my mum I was just going down the road and I went in to boots, and was thinking "I bet this is going to be negative not sure if I should waste money" and then I got a BFP! I was shocked, but couldn't stop crying so I kept dropping hints to my mum telling her I love her, and for her not to be dissapointed in me.. and I will go in to uni next year blah blah, then I just came out with it because I had a feeling she already knew as I showed her my nipples one time and it was red, so she suspected I was pregnant from there.

2 days after she told my brother and my dad.

It's been like 4 days now since this all happened with my mum and family, and it's been a whirl wind for me and us all. My ex boyfriend is a prick, but he keeps saying he wants to see me. But yeah, I told my mum as soon as I found out and my dad like 2 days after, because I was scared to let him know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->