when do i start weaning harry ?

hotsexymum

mum of 4
Reaction score
when do i start weaning harry ? hv said he has to be 15-20lbs but he is only 8lb 6 at the mo and 4 months old :dohh:

Was he a preemie ? If so, I'd probably wait until he is 4 months from his expected due date. Otherwise his gut might not be mature enough to handle digesting anything but milk at the mo :hug:

Was he a preemie ? If so, I'd probably wait until he is 4 months from his expected due date. Otherwise his gut might not be mature enough to handle digesting anything but milk at the mo :hug:

hv says he was but i had him at 37 weeks

I think because he is so small you really do need to listen to your health visitor and maybe even ask the dr about it too.

Not sure then. I'd say wait until he shows an interest in food when your eating, and is able to sit up and keep his head up well, then try him with one spoonful of baby rice for a few days, then increase it to 2, and so on... see how he reacts to it... the worst that will happen is that he will throw it back up with it being such a tiny amount. If he's not bothered, then just stick to the milk... you don't have to start weaning him right away, as long as he's gaining weight steadily, and is a happy little man he'll be fine on milk for now. :D :hug:

hv says he was but i had him at 37 weeks

so, your hv said that your due date was wrong and Harry was a preemie? Is that what you mean? I would wait until he is 5 months, and then see if he is interested in food-that's just me though-Alexa didn't get weaned until she was 5 months-and that was only because she had taken a lot of interest in food. :hug:

The recommendation is 6mo, not 4mo so especially with him being a preemie I would wait until he is actually 6mo, or even wait until 6mo corrected age to be completely safe.

I had my son at 37 weeks too ?? so that means mine is a preemie !! oh dear I Started weaning at 3 months but it was to help his reflux and it has so I know he was ok and still is ..

Is your lil man showing any signs yet

37 wks isn't a preemie, that's full term, but sometimes if they are very low birth weight they will consider them a preemie

37 wks isn't a preemie, that's full term, but sometimes if they are very low birth weight they will consider them a preemie

thats what i dont get get hv wsaid prem baby but midwifes say not:dohh:my hv has but him back on his chart for weight ,am confused who do i go with whios right ??????

I had my son at 37 weeks too ?? so that means mine is a preemie !! oh dear I Started weaning at 3 months but it was to help his reflux and it has so I know he was ok and still is ..

Is your lil man showing any signs yet

sighns of what hun

37 weeks isn't premature.. Tom was born at 37 weeks as well and the HV said if they were born 1 month early or more then its premature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->