when do you do your christmas food shop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotsexymum

mum of 4
Reaction score
when do you do your christmas food shop ? i do my 2 days before christamas eve at midnight :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Depends on what I am buying but usually Christmas Eve Morning...

Ive bought bits already but the fresh stuff on the 23rd if I can ...although the day before is great its 1. a nightmare 2. mostly ran out and does my head in :lol:

This year I'll be chargeeeeeeeeee with a trolley, bump and screaming year old in the trolley seat Im hoping those 3 combined will make ppl move out of my road - the FIRST time I went shopping with SC was a Christmas shop & lets just say since that day he hates shopping with me and I'm not allowed to push the trolley *humph*!

:rofl: Wobbs :rofl:

Fluzy why on earth would you go so late? I went ONCE to shop Christmas Eve--never again :rofl:

what about online shopping i woat do it as i like to get bargains lol

Online shopping can come with many disappointments!

I bought beers and Baileys last week for Christmas though - Baileys £7.50 from £12.50 and 6 bottles of stellas for £2.50 at Tesco :D

We do ours at Asda... OH works there and he gets a double discount day so we do all our food shopping and any prezzies on that day.

xxx

I bought baileys yesterday for £7 from tesco:smug:

Then OH told me they were doing it for a fiver in Asda:hissy:

I shall probably go on the 22nd about 10pm at nite, when its not as busy, on my own when the kids are in bed and OH is back from work!! I've been saving up stamps so hopefully my bill shouldn't come to too much, i HAve £70 saved so far hoping to do another £ 30 by xmas !! x

We buy bits and bobs before hand. Like things we can freeze. But we go to m&s on xmas eve to pick up our turkey and get fresh things like the trifle and milk/bread.

Lol, we do everything we can to avoid going xmas eve.. normally its 2 days before

23rd at night when I've put the little ones to bed:cloud9:It is always quieter than it would be during the day plus its easier to park! Although I have £150 on Asda savings card that I'm gonna spend the week before:happydance: I'll stock on things that wont go off like nappies, wipes, loo rolls, kitchen roll, foils etc plus I have £50 saved with Tesco to add to xmas food shop and £30 saved with M&S:happydance: This year I've saved £230 towards food for xmas :yipee: I started in Janurary:cloud9:

I just started tonight..

In Adsa it was £1 for a pack of 12 frozen sausages with bacon round them...I just have to reshuffle our freezer so over the next month we can buy more bits still looking for a turkey crown that I like the look of.

Emma.xx

we've got bits and bobs in already but i generally go in the middle of the night to asda afew days before xmas then i get stuff on xmas eve too very early in the morning before we do all the other things that need to be done then. God. Thinking of this has made is realise how far behind i am this year. Need to get my skates on!

LOL when I worked at a grocery store I HATED the people who came in on Christmas Eve, SO many of them.. and we were always left with so much to put away at night, that we always had to stay until about 11pm cleaning it all up. But then 2 days off.. so perhaps worth it in a way.

I usually do it on the 23rd for all the fresh stuff, but pick bits and bobs up in the week leading up to that.

No idea what im doing this year as baby might/might not be here so my mums having us for christmas dinner so it'll save me doing a huge shop i can just do a couple of smaller ones

We are going away this year so no Christmas mad rushes for me yay!
Usually we go to Costco and bulkbuy what we need and then also on Christmas Eve morning as soon as store opens we pop into M&S and get snacks and bits and pieces there.
I love their sausage rolls and hubby loves their trifles :)

i go christmas eve when morrisons opens in the morning, usually theres a huge line outside waiting to get in!

In previous years I've either gone at 3am on Xmas Eve or got organised and booked the delivery slot for Tesco's 3 weeks in advance. Last year, I used to get up in the morning and check Tesco's first thing to see if they'd released the Xmas Eve slots!! After a week of checking, I got one! :happydance:

This year, it's just the 4 of us for Xmas dinner, so it'll be just like a bigger Sunday lunch. The turkey will be bought next week and kept in the freezer, the Xmas pudding and mince pies are already in the cupboard, so that'll just leave the fresh stuff. I think I'll just walk to the local grocers on Xmas Eve!:happydance:

I need to order my meat from Marks and Spencers by the 12th of December. Ive got most of the frozen stuff and fresh stuff I try and get 2 das before

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back