When does your tree come down?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I took mine down yesterday! I like to get it all tidied away after Christmas day is done :(

I like to keep it up until the new year. Will probably take it down after the 2nd x

Usually day after boxing day, I'm like you bev. Can't be doing with it after the big day. But I need some new storage boxes for it all and were going for a walk today so probably tmw. I always keep one thing up until after new year as my mum says it's bad luck not to!

Sometime during the week between Christmas and New Years. It will definitely be down by New Years day though.

I wanted it down on boxing day but its big and heavy and i found it too difficult to do myself and yesterday was manic due to hospital apps so its looking like Saturday or Sunday now so OH can help. We need to get it away as we have 3 weeks until baby is here and have loads of sorting/tidying before he arrives!

I'll probably do it fri or at the weekend, whenever I get the time.

Normally I want it down really quickly, but haven't been in such a rush this year. Think I'm putting it off, cos it's such a hassle 😂

I take mine down Boxing Day unless my sister is coming through with the kids. But I take it down then because I put it up Nov 8. That and there is no point leaving it up when there are no presents under it.

We do the traditional 12 days before 12 days after, unless life gets in the way.

I'm hoping to take it down tomorrow and have the room back to normal. Christmas bedding will be coming off too. DD2 will be devastated as she loves hers, as well as her tree. She still wakes up asking to find elf.

I want a chilled new years without having to start it off woth tidying up the tree and bits.

I like to keep it up until the new year. Will probably take it down after the 2nd x

Mine usually comes down weekend before OH and DD1 goes back to work/school .

I’m now thinking that may be too late 6/7 Jan ?!

Ours usually comes down when we get back from seeing my parents. We came back late on 27th. Started sorting out every thing this morning (taken down all other decs but tree will be tonight or tomorrow. Waiting on some storage boxes to come for the toys, hoping they'll come today!

I like it all tidied away after Christmas. I've taken cards down but will probably do the trees tomorrow or Saturday.

We will be taking ours down new years day. I like to have the tree still up for new years eve. I hate taking it down really, the room feels all bare and boring once it gets taken down.

Just had tears from DD1 about us taking the tree down. She doesn't want Christmas to be over and to go back to school!

I'd like mine down but I'm not rushing. The house is nice and tidy which is all I care about.

I bought some 80L tubs today from Aldi for £5.99 for the decs to replace my now battered cardboard boxes!

Normally we keep it up until New Year’s Day but DD keeps taking off the baubles and playing with them and I don’t really want them broken so we took it down today. Was expecting DS to be sad but all he said is ‘I can’t wait until my birthday mummy!’ Luckily that is only a few weeks away!

Will be before new year. I like to start the new year with it tidyish in the living room. Was going to do it tomorrow but ditched the idea to go sofa shopping.

We took ours down today. I don’t think I usually do so early. I’ve put it up way later and took it down earlier this year! All presents have a home already too. It’s unlike me, it’s usually like Santa’s workshop in here til new year lol but it was just giving me a headache. I’m disappointed how not Christmassy ive been this year :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->