When should I expect AF?

stellababy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, unfortunately I MC'd April 17th- about 4.5 weeks ago.

I was almost 10 weeks pregnant, but the baby stopped growing at 8w4d. When should I expect to get the AF again? I really want to start trying again as it took us 8 months to get pregnant the first time

Hi there,

Sorry for your loss. I had MMC at 12 weeks, baby stopped growing at 8 weeks. The D&C was on March 24 and I got my first AF exactly 7 weeks later. I think it really varies for each person. Mine took a little longer than most people I find, but I bled for almost 4 weeks.

Did you have a D&C? When did you stop bleeding?

sorry for your loss too! I miscarried naturally, so they didn't do D&C or anything like that, and the bleeding lasted about a week and then spotting for another week.

Hi Stella, I'm so sorry you are going through this. After my first mc, I bled for 2 weeks and didn't get my period for 8 weeks. After my second mc, I bled for 9 days and didn't get my period for almost 7 weeks. They say anything over 8 weeks should be l addressed. Many women get theirs earlier than me, I just seem to take longer to get the hcg out of my system. Good luck hon.

It sounds like you had a pretty typical recovery. From what I've been reading it seems the women who recover fast and don't bleed long, usally get the AF within 6 weeks. Do you temp at all? I started temping after my bleeding stopped and I discovered that I ovulated at 5 weeks past my D&C, then my AF came exactly 12 days later, right on schedule.

I know it's hard not to stress about it. This whole TTC thing is so trying sometimes. I'm trying to take a lesson from this experience to learn to have patience. I'm not very good at it, but I keep telling myself, one day at a time. Each day I'm one day closer to getting what I want.....whenever the heck that is!!

I never temped, so I am not even sure what was normal for me... also the doctor said not to try again until after the next AF, but we have been having unprotected sex anyways just without all the extras that we did the last few months before the BFP like OPKs, legs up in the air, etc :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->