When to pack hospital bag?

MustBeMummy

Reaction score
Ive seen a fair few post on here about what to pack in your hospital bag, ive seen videos on pregnancy websites and I have lists bookmarked on my phone and laptop. But when is the best time to pack it and have it ready. My weekly updates are now starting to mention it but when we mentioned this in convo to my in laws, FIL said oh u dont need to worry about thst yet. Not that id take his advise as hes just told us he used to just unfasten the nappy and hold hubby in the air till it fell off and leave it in the bath!!

When did or when will u be packing yours?

Thanks

I want to have mine finished by this weekend as it's stressing me out now that it's not done.

I'll probably do it around 35/36 weeks, just in case baby comes a bit early. I don't want to do it too soon as I'll probably pack a few things that I might want to use in the meantime and end up unpacking and repacking loads!

Ooh good question! I'll pack baby's bag first for sure. My baby shower is this weekend, so after that gig I'll organize more things. As for my stuff, well, I imagine I'll be naked or in a hospital gown the majority of the time. -shrug-

Yeah good point. Mine is the 28th so will ee after that. Would like to get a few bits like a spray bottle for water so DH can sprsy my face n keep me cool. A new lip balm etc

Hi I packed mine at 36 weeks. I'm 39 weeks now and see them sitting there and wonder will I ever actually use them! ;) Anyway pack them whenever you feel like packing them. I still keep adding things to them so it's better to start a little early. Good luck! Xx

Most of what I've heard/read/been told says you should aim to have things ready around 36wks :) that's what I'm going to aim for x

My baby's bag is ready and mine is half done :thumbup: ! But I am a control freak so need it ready asap, and as planning a homebirth so hoping to not need it and just leave it sat in baby's room until my mum unpacks it after she's here. :haha:

I'm going to do mine after 38 weeks (37 +1 now) - 80-85% of pregnancies will go to 40 weeks or over so didn't want it gathering dust in the hall! Given that figure, I'm taking the view there's no rush x

mine is already half packed :haha:

but i have been told im at higher risk of pre-eclampsia :( so im aiming to have it completely packed by 32 weeks 'just incase'

My mum had pre eclampsia with me so I may need to ask about that

I'll have mine done at 36 weeks as am going away for 2 days for a friends wedding so want to take it with us - just in case!

I packed mine with my 2 at 34 weeks. The only thing I didn't pack was baby clothes because I wanted them fresh. The ones I packed for my DD where too small anyway :-/ she went practically into 3-6 months lol! xx

I went to Primark yesterday to get some cheap underwear and pyjamas (I refuse to wear nighties!), and I am going to my parents tomorrow to borrow a good sized bag, so it'll be done tomorrow night hopefully :) Decided to get it ready now at 35 weeks "just in case".

Hi I'm 32 weeks pregnant and am going to start getting it ready next week. x

With my first I packed at 30 weeks as I had major placenta praevia and was expected to be admitted pre-term. I ended up going at 38 weeks.

With my second I was packed by about 35 weeks.

This time, as we were away for Easter and the small cases were down from the attic, I just chucked some stuff in one of the cases before they disappeared into the attic again (my DH is very mañana mañana - so there is a chance he would only go back into attic for the case when waters break!)

As I'm having a section I've just packed pjs for me, sleepsuits and onesies for baby, nappies, pads and breast pads. Then added some going home clothes for both of us. I'll add a book and my iPod nearer the time.

I've heard you should aim to pack it around 36 weeks just in case but I'm due in 4 days and still need to pack it lol.. I have held off because I hadn't really bought much.. plan to go boots today and stock up then pack it later.. good luck x

I will be doing it earlier than last time. I had to rush about packing my hospital bag after my waters had broken at 37 weeks last time, so probably start soon. Will just put the bag somewhere with the things I don't need every day in, plus a list of what needs added Incase it's needed at short notice. Will also have baby's stuff ready to lift, as there's no reason it can't be fully ready. :shrug:

I bought the last bits for my bag this weekend. Going to pack it in the evenings this week as and when it's washed etc. Same for the baby bag. I'm being monitored for pre e though so worried at any one of my weekly appointments that they might send me to the hospital like last time so i'm trying to have everything ready x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->