When to start antenatal classes?

Deniz

Cautiously Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi,
I just wonder when is the best time to start antenatal classes? I am thinking to join NCT ones, bc this is going to be our first baby & we don't know much what to do. Due date is the 3rd week of June if the baby comes on time, so is it better to complete it in May or before/later?

I'm going to my classes in 2 weeks when I'll be 27 weeks along. I would have liked to go later, but the other option available was cutting it waaay to close to my due date. I think whatever works for your schedule will be fine. You'll remember the important stuff. At least that's what I'm hoping!

NCT website came up with suggested dates for us...but their recommendation didn't work as included a whole day on a Saturday when I'll be at my sister's wedding. As a result my classes will be quite close to my due date, but I'm hoping that baby will stay put long enough for me to go!

The NCT had a course specifically for people due in May which ran through April so I've signed up for that one.

MW suggested 30 weeks but if you phone up they'll tell you when you should be going.

MW where we are give us the dates according to my hand out given when i had my 1st appointment! it tell us they give us info on it @ 28wks for antenatal/parent craft/breastfeeding workshops!
depends on the area and the availability!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->