When to stop using movement monitor

suz29

Reaction score
My lo is 13 months and I'm due my next in July. I'm unsure if I should buy another Angelcare monitor or if It's now ok to stop using it for my son?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have one and I was going to stop when SIDS is no longer an issue. You have certainly reached that milestone at 13 months. :flower: But as said, when you are ready!

I'm not sure I'll ever feel comfortable not using ours haha

I have one and it's mainly b/c of my fear of SIDS... the rate of SIDS after a year is very very low so I'd just use that one for your new baby. But of course if it makes you feel better get a new one! Or maybe just get a regular sound monitor for your older child?

I stopped using mine when Alfie was 15 months because he moved into a bed and it was constantly going off when he was rolling off the mat. My youngest has that monitor now x

im ready for chucking mine out of the window lol...im so sick of taking him out of his cot in the middle of the night forgetting the bloody monitors there and it beeping :shock: the amount of times ash has jumped out of bed :dohh: i think well be taking it out soon but its whenever you feel comfortable hun.

<3

Daisy's still on hers at 16 months and will likely be on it still when her baby brother comes in September. But if youre comfortable now then go for it theres no 'right' time. SIDS is still a 'risk' but the mattress monitor wont save the baby just for reassurance iykwim? x

i think at 7 months, im ready to stick ours under a train!!

its constantly going off!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->