When you planning to have a second child?

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
For those first time moms out there who are planning on having a second child...... How much of an age difference do you want between your babies?

I was babysitting my nephew the other day, and he's 8 months old. I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown with him and my 4 week old! LOL.....

My DH and I have officially decided we want Cameron to be 2 1/2 or 3 years old before I give birth again. Hoping that he will be toilet trained! I don't want to have 2 babies in diapers. Plus, he'll be walking and more independant, so I'm hoping it will be easier.

Everything is so up in the air right now because I had her at 19 and I'm not living with my boyfriend and I'm trying to sort out a career for myself and he might be switching jobs.. :( we thought maybe we'd try in 2011, but we won't be moved out until 2010 and I'm not even 100% sure anymore I want to try for a second.. no earlier than 2012 though.

we will be trying Summer 2010. Alexander will be 2 and a quarter when the next baby comes if everything goes as planned.

I would like an age gap of about 2-3 years as well, however, I'm in no hurry to go through being pregnant or giving birth again yet so it may be longer!

I always wanted a 2-3 year age gap and when we have the baby Bethanie is around the 2 years & 8/9 months mark, which I think is nice. Shes still young enough, but also getting old enough to understand whats going on a bit more and explain things to.

2013. We financially need Isobel to be at school to cover the costs of nursery unless we win the lottery.. so will be 4 years.

We want to wait untill we have our own house, oh has a good job and hopefully ive gone to college and sorted my career out, wed like her to be around 3/4 (when she starts nursery) but really it all depends when were ready and stable for another.

Hubby works in a College (as do I) so we planned to have Ethan at the start of the summer so he would be able to take his paternity leave and then have all the summer off to spend time with me and the baby, help me out etc. We were very lucky in that I got pregnant when I wanted to, so Ethan arrived end of May, and we've had a lovely long time off together.

I think we would like to try and have another one born around June time so we can do the same. I guess that involves starting to try around September ish time (and hoping we are as lucky next time round). So i suppose September 2011 as this would make Ethan 3 by the time the next one arrived (and hopefully starting nursery soon after!).

well my OH is a lot older than me and ive always wanted kids close in age, i dont wana wait to long,it took 7mth to get morgan ( after a mmc which took a yr to conceive ! ) so im not sure ive waited so long to be a mum but then again i wud like to get bk to wrk, but then again if they were both in school at same time :dohh: who knows :rofl:

We want to try Sept 2010 so the next baby will arrive June-July time 2011, so Emma will be 2 years old then.

14yrs 1 day between 1st and 2nd we started ttc when 2nd was 8 weks old.

we like to be random :rofl:

i have severe endo and have had recurrent mc's

was lucky to get luisa and am very aware that it could take time for me to fall and not mc, and that i dont have as long left as most women.. (my fertility will drop quicker)

with the above in mind it makes me want to try now!

but we have decided tht we will wait untill luisa is a year old to ttc hoping 2nd will then be born when luisa is around 2 :)

Providing no little accidents! Lol! I want to have another baby or concieve another baby around 2011 to be born late 2011 early 2012. Noah will be 2 ish, though we may hold out until Noah is 3. Will be funny planning a baby, as we were thinking of. Planning to have a baby and it turned out I was already pregnant with Noah!

well me and my OH want to start TTC asap!

we must be crazy, having two in nappies will be hard, but i suppose once they are both 2 & 3 most of the hard work and sleepless nights will be out of the way!

we are both 22 so we figure, if we have them young, we'll have our lives back once we are 30, as they wont be as dependant on us at the ages of 7 & 8, whereas a toddler or newborn obviously would!lol!

we can afford it financially and our jobs are so flexible that it means im able to be home most of gthe day with baby, and we wont need childcare!

i love being a mummy, and cant wait to give Kara a brother or sister, seeing them grow up together will be the most amazing thing, the way i see it, they will always have one another lol! xxxxx

Ideally when Elliot is at nursery (4)...but that's if i do want another. Still undecided yet.

We'll be TTC when Amelie is around 18 months old. Hopefully I'll get pregnant quite quickly within a few months so she'll be 2 and a halfish when new baby arrives :)

Now I'm in the zone baby-wise I kind of want to stay there, and want about a 2 yr gap.

I'm a teacher, and would like to complete one full academic year after going back from this mat leave, but I want to be pg during that year, so ready to give birth Sept 2011 - Sept givex me the best mat package.

If only I could control the timing this well!!

Me an OH decided to wait till Chloe is 20 months so December 2010. It took 7 months to concieve Chloe so i don't no about the next one but a 2-3 year gap for me too if OH doesn't change his mind but we'll need bigger house

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->