Where did you NIP today?

i nipped at a classic mini show today :) it was the first time i've done it on my own in public :)

I NIP'd on the beach today. Apparently a woman kept turning back to look at me, my OH said. I didnt see her looking but I did see her. She was only in her mid 20's.Get over it! lol

I didn't nip today, but I nip'd yesterday at the Rennaisance Festival and also in my car on the way home in a parking lot. Oh, and a restaurant in the back room near the bathrooms on a bench. I was on fire!!! :D The Renn Fair was my best work ever though by far, so proud of myself! :D

edit: Oh, wait, I did nip today, at Costco! :D

In the change room at the pool after our baby swim class. I think one woman felt bad about herself because when she heard me say that Clara was hungry she said that she had brought a bottle just in case her son got hungry and I said that I was glad I just had to pull out a boob (and then pulled one out). She looked like she felt guilty for saying she bottle feeds her son even though noone said anything to her.

i nipped at a classic mini show today :) it was the first time i've done it on my own in public :)

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself :flower:

I haven't nipped for the last 3 days :nope: Got no plans for this week either, might have to change that though lol

I was curious and wanted to ask a question. I just had my 4th baby and am breastfeeding him. I breastfed 3 of my 4 babies. I have NIP before, but always cover up. Just because thats what I personally feel comfortable with. If I saw another person NIP without a cover it wouldnt bother me at all. The question is, is it more socially accepted to NIP without being covered in other countries? I think I would get very negative responses if I tried to do that in the US. I was just wondering if all the stories of weird looks and negative responses were when you were NIP covered or uncovered or if it didnt make a difference?

I've never had a comment made, but have gotten weird looks a couple times here in Toronto, Canada. I used to use a cover but now I rarely do because Clara hates it and just throws a fit and pulls it off anyhow. I wouldn't want to be the person who says something offensive to me though about nipping...they'd be in for quite the mouthful! I have a feeling my dh would rather I always use the cover (or at least at restaurants) but he knows enough not to say anything for fear of my wrath. :haha:

I NIP without a cover (in the US), but I do carry around a receiving blanket in the diaper bag in case someone has a problem... I'll toss it to them and say they can cover their head if they like. hehe. Yesterday I nipped at LO's cousin's 1st birthday party at the church. A woman talked to me the entire time and I dunno if she even noticed! She kept touching LO's hair...lol.

I've found it's less obvious if I nurse my lifting my shirt rather than using my nursing shirt - the nursing shirt requires my whole boob to come out - and I have 40I's! LOL

I was curious and wanted to ask a question. I just had my 4th baby and am breastfeeding him. I breastfed 3 of my 4 babies. I have NIP before, but always cover up. Just because thats what I personally feel comfortable with. If I saw another person NIP without a cover it wouldnt bother me at all. The question is, is it more socially accepted to NIP without being covered in other countries? I think I would get very negative responses if I tried to do that in the US. I was just wondering if all the stories of weird looks and negative responses were when you were NIP covered or uncovered or if it didnt make a difference?

i use a nursing shirt and I can't even see anything after ava's latched on... i havent' had any bad comments or looks or anything here in canada either. i tried using nursing covers when ava was first born and we were both learning about bf'ing but i found it such a pain to use! i find the shirts much easier to handle...

oh, and i nipped at a babywearing group lately! i wasn't the only one either, but not too surprising probably...

I don't think I've had anyone who's had the front to speak to me but had a few mutterings and unfortunately my daughter's had some issues at school (some girls saw me feeding in asda cafe and decided to bully her about it but it's being dealt with).

I have tried using a cover but Phoebe doesn't like it and is currently going through a phase of pulling at my top (not consiously yet which makes it worse lol) and flashing me which is erm interesting!

Recently I've nipped at the beach, in the park, in macdonalds and on a bench in the middle of the high street!

:) I NIPed in a lovely cafe while eating a big slice of yummy carrot cake :)

I don't think I've had anyone who's had the front to speak to me but had a few mutterings and unfortunately my daughter's had some issues at school (some girls saw me feeding in asda cafe and decided to bully her about it but it's being dealt with).

I have tried using a cover but Phoebe doesn't like it and is currently going through a phase of pulling at my top (not consiously yet which makes it worse lol) and flashing me which is erm interesting!

Recently I've nipped at the beach, in the park, in macdonalds and on a bench in the middle of the high street!

Thats awful. How old are they??

Oh, and does NIPping in the car count?

that is so bad ! my son tells all his friends and teachers that his sister likes boobies , i hope no one says anything to him :(

hi ladies! I thought i'd drop a thread telling u that i'm nipp-ing right now in a nice cafe/ coffee shop eating of course a hot fudge cake! Mmmmm i am indeed a multitasker lolol happy nipping :)xx

Thats awful. How old are they??

Oh, and does NIPping in the car count?

They're 13/14 and in her year at school, teenage girls can be so nasty to each other :(

that is so bad ! my son tells all his friends and teachers that his sister likes boobies , i hope no one says anything to him :(

My son does the same, he's 9 and hasn't had any problems. It's just nasty teen girls that seem to find it an issue

I nipped for my first time today at a mum and baby group. First time for me in front of strangers who aren't also bfing.

Great job Gizmodo! You must have been quite proud of yourself (I know I was the first time I nipped - I even put it as my fb status :haha:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->