Where did you NIP today?

The first time i did it at a cafe and it went really wrong...milk started dripping everywhere and it was hard to get him latched on..plus i was nervous...but the other day i nursed in public at mcdonalds and it was so much better..think i'm just getting used to the whole feeding thing now.. i even couldn't be bothered to put a cloth over myself when feeding..is that wrong??

The first time i did it at a cafe and it went really wrong...milk started dripping everywhere and it was hard to get him latched on..plus i was nervous...but the other day i nursed in public at mcdonalds and it was so much better..think i'm just getting used to the whole feeding thing now.. i even couldn't be bothered to put a cloth over myself when feeding..is that wrong??

Nope. Not wrong at all. Whatever you feel comfortable with is the right thing. I've never covered (except for my first week) and generally never get so much as a sideways look.

Today Alice did a spectacular fall on the concrete, and I ended up feeding her while sitting on the pavement. I felt a bit odd, but it sorted her out!

In wetherspoons whilst waiting for my breakfast! :)

Oooh new one for me - in the hairdressers while my oldest had all her beautiful long hair chopped off :cry:

In a baby boutique (used a posh glider which was nice). In retrospect, I should have asked for some sort of coupon or freebie as I figured I gave a textbook, live demonstration of their nursing furniture in use! :)
And in a restaurant, where I was very hungry and tried not to drop too much of my lunch in Tobe's ear while feeding us both at the same time! :)

As for a cloth - I always bring one, but I have it mostly to make Tobe feel cozy and safe and to help him sleep. I have to check his head frequently to make sure that he isn't getting too hot. I don't use one for "modesty" (don't think I even agree with that word in the context of nursing), I use one for my baby's comfort. And there have been plenty of time where I don't use one, at all.

i nipp-ed in a cafe full of men!!!! on friday even my friend who is also bf said she wasn't sure if she could do it :) but for me i'd rather feed her than listen to her crying for booby time!!! well done ladies your all doing great!!! i'm feeling much better about nipp-ing now day's sometimes i feel a bit shy and then feel worried but other than a few funny looks its been pretty good :) though i must say a girl in the shop who's prob about 12 :haha: who doesn't have any kids asked me when i'm gonna be putting her on the bottle:dohh: i swear that's the most common thing iv'e heard from everyone :haha: jog on :haha: never!!!:haha::haha: x

fed mikey in merry hill today in the eat central area, my mom was a bit nervous while i was feeding i think she was panicking incase any men looked lol she kept trying to cover my up with a muslin till i told her i didnt care if anyone saw.

fed mikey in merry hill today in the eat central area, my mom was a bit nervous while i was feeding i think she was panicking incase any men looked lol she kept trying to cover my up with a muslin till i told her i didnt care if anyone saw.

i get that!!! who ever i'm with are trying to fuss with the muslin cloth (aka pukey cloth):haha: you want me to cover you!!! na i'm fine there just boobies:haha:i don't care whatever:haha: x

Hello all

Just wanted to say what an inspiration you all are! I'm hoping to BF and am still not sure about NIP but loving this thread and hope I can build up the confidence.

Like a few posters on here my Mum seems to disapprove of me BF (tough luck to her) and MIL never BF either (but hasn't said anything yet) so I don't feel very supported familywise (tho DH thinks it is great that I am going to try).

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and hope to join you all in a little while!

- Dinah

i get that!!! who ever i'm with are trying to fuss with the muslin cloth (aka pukey cloth):haha: you want me to cover you!!! na i'm fine there just boobies:haha:i don't care whatever:haha: x

*pukey cloth* lol, OH calls ours the "vomit cloth". No skirting round the usage of them there :haha:

As for NIPping, I was quite pleased with myself today feeding LO in the garden with MiL round. OK i was a good few feet away on the lounger, but it was an achievement for me as I haven't directly fed in front of anyone except OH. I'm not sure she realised what was going on but I was quite happy lol

Hello all

Just wanted to say what an inspiration you all are! I'm hoping to BF and am still not sure about NIP but loving this thread and hope I can build up the confidence.

Like a few posters on here my Mum seems to disapprove of me BF (tough luck to her) and MIL never BF either (but hasn't said anything yet) so I don't feel very supported familywise (tho DH thinks it is great that I am going to try).

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and hope to join you all in a little while!

- Dinah

aww hun :hugs: nip is like riding a bike, once youv'e done it a few times you never forget how to do it and you just get better and better and in the end you take no notice at all :happydance: i'm just waiting now for someone to say something negative to me:haha: good luck with your birth and hope to see you in bf club soon :winkwink: xx good luck xxx

Today I NIPed without a cover at the side of the Inhand ring in the middle of a field at a very busy horse show :thumbup:

Today I NIPed without a cover at the side of the Inhand ring in the middle of a field at a very busy horse show :thumbup:

this needs this :yipee::wohoo::wohoo::dance: well done!! x

Aww thanks Kelly29!! :hugs:

I'm ok NIPing now but sometimes I think people wonder why I am BFing an "older" baby - especially in public - It was so hot here and LO was very tierd and couldn't settle - she had had food and water and walked round in the pram etc but I knew all she wanted was boobie :dohh: had to be done - either that or carry on scaring the horses and putting them of their shows with her screaming! :dohh::wacko:

:dance: Well done!

No NIPing for me recently I'm afraid, not been up to much lol xx

Thanks Kelly29.

Just a question for all you NIPers. I have bought several 'discreet nursing' tops from mothercare and mamas and papas in readiness. Are these any good in reality or do you still need a cloth/scarf as well if you want to cover during NIP time?

Thanks!
Dinah

Thanks Kelly29.

Just a question for all you NIPers. I have bought several 'discreet nursing' tops from mothercare and mamas and papas in readiness. Are these any good in reality or do you still need a cloth/scarf as well if you want to cover during NIP time?

Thanks!
Dinah

I'd say nursing bra's are a must but I just live in vest tops - I think nursing tops are drastically over priced - when a vest top does just as good a job and is SO much cheaper - £2 at primark!! :haha:

I have two nursing bras and am wearing them already as had outgrown my maternity ones. I will get more when I know for certain that bf is working out for us and what size I am after milk comes in.

I'm really shy so tbh I think vest tops anywhere but in the house won't work for me and bf. I got some good bargains on the nursing tops so I don't mind but just hoping they work/are discreet enough to give me the confidence to NIP :)

- Dinah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->