Where did you NIP today?

Just make sure you take a muslin everywhere Dinah, that way you can cover up if need be :)

I have two nursing bras and am wearing them already as had outgrown my maternity ones. I will get more when I know for certain that bf is working out for us and what size I am after milk comes in.

I'm really shy so tbh I think vest tops anywhere but in the house won't work for me and bf. I got some good bargains on the nursing tops so I don't mind but just hoping they work/are discreet enough to give me the confidence to NIP :)

- Dinah
I was very shy prior to birth but after being in the hospital and showing all my lady parts I am way way less shy now! A good place to start nipping is to attend Breastfeeding groups. I use actual nursing tops when I am out for long periods of time or I wear shirts/dresses with buttons or zippers on the front.

Nope. Not wrong at all. Whatever you feel comfortable with is the right thing. I've never covered (except for my first week) and generally never get so much as a sideways look.

Today Alice did a spectacular fall on the concrete, and I ended up feeding her while sitting on the pavement. I felt a bit odd, but it sorted her out!

Oh my! I hope Alice is ok.

Hello all

Just wanted to say what an inspiration you all are! I'm hoping to BF and am still not sure about NIP but loving this thread and hope I can build up the confidence.

Like a few posters on here my Mum seems to disapprove of me BF (tough luck to her) and MIL never BF either (but hasn't said anything yet) so I don't feel very supported familywise (tho DH thinks it is great that I am going to try).

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks and hope to join you all in a little while!

- Dinah

Looking forward to seeing you on here soon. I didn't nip until the 6 week mark and always used a cover at first. Now I don't even bring a cover with me most of the time as Clara pulls it off anyhow. :haha:

I was away the last several days (the reason I haven't been posting). Over the last few days I've nipped at two service centres off the highway, McDonald's, at a restaurant, Tim Horton's, and a park with another of our fellow nippers Hannah76. We went to an Agricultural Museum on the weekend and saw the dairy cows being milked (by machines) and I felt at home. :rofl: I was hoping Clara would choose that moment to be hungry, but no such luck.

aww hope alice is ok too :) xxx and i will also be nip-ping all over as ita half term :) happy nipp-ing ladies your doing fab :) x

Yesterday i NIP at the park near my MIL new flat. We went to go and visit her as she moved into her own flat on thursday and there is a lovely park 2 mins walk. I was also eating a KFC at the same time :haha:

re breastfeeding tops , i find i faff to much then baby starts crying while i am trying to be discreet etc so now i just nip in whatever im wearing and use a blanet to cover my side to keep it warm if needed, plus tbh im just not organised enough to think i might need to wear something today as theres a chance of having to nip !

yesterday I nipped at tesco and then spent the day at the in laws in the garden, Ritchie was having an extra hungry day so was nursing in front of them all day and got a few reactions off the BILs :haha:

Friday i nipped in the nurse's room while little man had his jabs
Saturday i nipped at a pub/restaurant place for my mum's birthday, they were all talking about breastfeeding, no nasty comments but one of my close friends who i class as my 2nd parent refered to the "bitty" twice which really annoyed me, but i didnt hear what else was said to see if it was said about me, i do get the odd when you gonna wean to bottle, i was only going to aim for 6 months but now i might aim for the 1 year mark lol

oh and thursday i bf in the garden for the first time :)

I nipped in the change room after our baby swimming class today. One little boy looked interested from across the room and I didn't hear what he said to his mom but whatever she said back to him made him turn abruptly around and stop watching. It made me kind of sad because he seemed genuinely curious and it didn't bother me at all. In fact, I would have loved to explain it to him. Another couple little boys whose mother I'm friendly with were checking it out and their mom told them that the baby was getting mommy milk just like they had as babies, which made me smile.:flower:

Thanks to the ladies who asked! Alice was fine, just grazed hands and knees, but it's pretty rare for her to be injury free lately. She's barrels around at full speed all day!

I'm guilty of NIP yesterday purely to keep her in one place. I was having tea in a cafe with a friend, and Alice was into everything. Offering 'milky' got me a blissful 3 minutes of peace.

I NIPped at a Mom's Night gathering (just lots of mums getting together for drinks and chat).
And I don't have a whole lot of nursing tops, but I do have several nursing tanks that I swear by. I layer them under shirts and it keeps more of me covered than just a regular shirt. There's very little skin showing when I NIP due to them. :thumbup:

Yesterday I niped on a bench next to a beautiful pond, then in a play park whilst my dd played, then waiting for a train to go round the park/zoo we was at. I even managed to walk and feed yesterday although was strange holding ds so low Thanks to having big boobies lol got some strange looks but give a shit that's what boobs are for

nip'd in the doctors waiting room today and it was quite busy but little one was soon happy once he was fed.
i still keep expecting someone to say something negative to me when i feed in public especially when im on my own i think id be so scared if someone does i feel braver when hubby is with me.

At hubbys work in front of him and two men he works with. I did use a cover, but was still proud of myself.

Great to read about your NIPs ladies :)

I'm quite pleased with myself. I did my first NIP in a proper public place. Went to a pub with a group of ladies from my mum and baby group. I'd actually brought a bottle of EBM but other ladies nipped, so I got the confidence to NIP too in the pub garden :)

Another injury related feed here. Alice fell off a climbing frame and I ended up whipping out my boob sitting underneath it. After she fell and was screaming, a little boy's grandad came up and said 'It's nothing an icecream won't fix!' but I decided I wouldn't tell him what my solution was about to be!

Another injury related feed here. Alice fell off a climbing frame and I ended up whipping out my boob sitting underneath it. After she fell and was screaming, a little boy's grandad came up and said 'It's nothing an icecream won't fix!' but I decided I wouldn't tell him what my solution was about to be!

Aww I hope Alice is ok! She's really in the wars at the moment isn't she! :hugs:

Great to read about your NIPs ladies :)

I'm quite pleased with myself. I did my first NIP in a proper public place. Went to a pub with a group of ladies from my mum and baby group. I'd actually brought a bottle of EBM but other ladies nipped, so I got the confidence to NIP too in the pub garden :)

Congrats on the first NIP! :thumbup::thumbup: Glad you had such a positive first experience.

Poor Alice. Being able to pop out a boob is such a great, easy way to fix things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->