Where did you NIP today?

Hope you don't mind me posting here :flower:

Yesterday was my first time nursing in public and of all the places to do it in, it happened at the mall :haha: I used a cover, but DS was being a little fussy so I know people saw a little bit of the boob...oh well! It felt so liberating to finally do it with confidence though...I was so happy that I put it as my facebook status when I got home lol :D

Well done!!

Just fed outside natwest on the high street as LO was screaming even though I just fed him 10 mins before at home! First time I've done it alone. Felt like I didn't know where to look as I felt people would be embarressed if they caught my eye! :shrug: the good thing was he went to sleep so shopping was a dream.

In the carter's store in Dubai during Ramadan! That's living on the edge!

I used to live in Dubai! Was born in Sharjah too.

Nipped in the park during a baby signing session today, was lots of fun :thumbup:

@Loopy... Small world huh?? I just moved here a bit over a year ago from Florida...it sure does take some getting used to!! I have to admit that I'm a bit fearful of bf'ing in public...not sure what the laws are...it's such a family oriented culture you would think they wouldn't mind but i don't think that's the case!

Today was in a Tesco cafe and I wasn't the only one. There was another mum who's baby was just 4 days older than mine. We got chatting :)

You ladies are an inspiration, I've been using specially allocated rooms or sitting in a car, I've only nipped twice and that was after finding a secluded corner in a pub whilst eating, I'm definitely going to try and be more relaxed.

When in cafes etc do you always ask permission or do you just go for it?

You ladies are an inspiration, I've been using specially allocated rooms or sitting in a car, I've only nipped twice and that was after finding a secluded corner in a pub whilst eating, I'm definitely going to try and be more relaxed.

When in cafes etc do you always ask permission or do you just go for it?

The fact that you've nipped at all so early on is fantastic. I didn't nip my first time until Clara was about 6 weeks old. As far as asking permission first, no way. You have every right to bf wherever you are and no one has the right to ask you to leave or make you feel uncomfortable. I've never had anyone say anything negative to me ever, and have only had odd looks a couple times.

Do you ask permission to eat? :haha: that's all I think of it as: my baby eating. :) that mentality helps so much when nip'ing!

I don't ask, cos I'd be so embarrassed to ask! Lol. Nipped in pizza express on Sunday! My mum and DH cut up my pizza for me, so we all had lunch together- Jenny included! :rofl: my mum did say, can we have a table over there? My daughter may need to nurse. :) I also nipped at my SIL birthday party that day too! :) xx

I never ask :) if I need to feed my baby I will do so wherever and whenever he needs it and sod anyone who doesn't like it as I do it discreetly :) I've been nipping since he was less than a week old and so proud of myself.
I hope you have some positive feeding experiences to encourage you soon :flower:

I never ask permission, have only had nice comments too. Think it's because they can see I'm sitting there daring anyone to make a negative comment, they know they'll get there heads bitten off if they do!

It is a small world Jenni4, and yes, the middle east does take some getting used to. The last time I was there I was 17 and was more concerned about going out to bars and nightclubs! Would imagine they'd be ok if you're discreet but it is hard to tell.

Today we nipped in the cafe section of the bus station while waiting with my dad for his bus.

Yesterday I nipped at the hair dresser. Before, during and after my hair cut and walking back to the car too across a busy road (using a crossing).

In the lobby of her pediatrician's office after she got her 12 month needles this morning.

Lake O'Hara in Yoho National Park. Breathtaking scenery is always great to accompany NIP sessions! :)

I nipped twice today, once while eating lunch in a pub (that was good timing lo) and once in a car garage.

Yesterday I nipped at the hair dresser. Before, during and after my hair cut and walking back to the car too across a busy road (using a crossing).

how did you manage while getting your hair cut? i need to get mine done but can't really figure out how i can go with LO.

this week i nipped in Pizza hut, walking around Darlington with him in a sling, sitting on a bench near a beck :) in the pharmacy, in my garden a few times and at a service station :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->