Where did you NIP today?

On a bench in the middle of a very wet and windy town where i live..

so my LO got water and milk today!

some lovely lady did walk past and said to her friend

' aww its nice to see something so natural these days'

Horror upon horrors I had to nip at the local rugby club, clubhouse bar!!!! Full of mostly hairy men - cue a hot sweat during latch! My pal was with me and feeding her 5 month old, which was significantly more hot sweat inducing because her baby kept bobbing off for a look around leaving pal's boob exposed for all to see. Have I got this to come I'd I'm able to bf for that long??? Arrrrgh. Wish I wasn't so self conscious.

Alex has just started pulling himself off for a look around. Sometimes, a blanket over the head is necessary, even at home, just to get him to have a proper feed.

- At NCT postnatal group on Wednesday with no cover since it was only two other girls and they were both doing it too :blush: First time doing it without DH there!

- At Baby Massage on Friday with my cover, but once again only cause other people were doing it :blush:

- BHS cafe today with my DH and with my cover on.. Unfortunately the couple to the right of me were rather impolite, the woman was just staring at me when I was sorting myself out under the cover and trying to latch her on, and then was staring intermittently after that and whispering to her husband. Then, whilst I was feeding, an elderly man with his wife and daughter sat on the table next to me, and he started pointing at me and saying stuff to his wife and daughter, and they kept turning round and tutting/staring at me :growlmad: I said loudly to my DH "Jeez, I'm only feeding my baby! You'd think with the way people are rudely pointing and staring at me that I'm feeding her my chips or something" and DH loudly replied "Well some backwards people would probably think that you should be doing that instead!" :haha:

/rantover

Im so surprised you've had negative comments! I've only had people say how brilliant it is I'm breastfeeding and it's best for baby and stuff. Good response though! :flower:

In a church today. We were doing a historical walking tour and DS decided he wanted feeding so I had to find somewhere to sit indoors (as it was raining heavily), Dunfermline Abbey is a tourist attraction so there were two tour groups walking round and me plonked in a pew feeding LO, was noticed by quite a few people but no-one commented.

Am I the only person hoping to be challenged? I really want the opportunity to rant. I suppose it's good that people aer so accepting.

I also had to feed him in a cafe and on a bench in a shopping centre. He was a hungry baby this afternoon!!!

Had to make a quick stop in a cafe in Tesco after shopping, he wasn't waiting until we got home :haha:

Me again :haha:
Today was in a restaurant, walking around Asda and in a play park.

I'm curious. How do you ladies feed and walk at the same time? Alex is 18lbs, lol. I'm trying to figure out how to feed him in a sling.

this was the first time i ve done it, he was kicking up a fuss wanting food and i didnt fancy sitting in the very uncomfortable chair in the changing room next to the toilet so thought id try. i just carried him myself he weights just short of 13lb so wasnt too bad but dont think i ll be able to do that for long.

Molly is only 3 weeks old but so far we've -
NIP at Waikiki Beach
NIP at Ala Moana Mall
NIP at a Thai restaurant
NIP at an Indian restaurant
NIP at Magic Island Beach Park
NIP at a Mexican restaurant

Many more to come, I'm sure! (I'd love to be challenged... I am BFing Mommy, hear me roar!)

These are getting fewer and farther between as Tobe is nursing mostly at night these days.
We had an epic drive today and stopped to NIP at two beautiful mountain lakes. Tobe stared wide-eyed at the scenery while he nursed. :)

Sorry I haven't been in here lately. I started school full-time a few weeks ago and have been so busy. Last week I nipped on the side of the field while the little boy I was babysitting was playing soccer.

Marks and Spencers Cafe! 3rd NIP definitely growing in confidence!!

In the Tate Liverpool cafe, after seeing the Magritte exhibition!

Marks and Spencers Cafe, Debenhams Cafe and the food court :lol:
I didn't really want to sit in the food court, was soooo open, but Isla was not waiting :haha:

There was a stupid old woman though who moved because of me feeding. She didn't say anything but my god the looks I got from her :growlmad:

In the lovely restaurant Nardinis today, then in the car! (it was pouring) :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->