Where will your baby sleep?

enigma

mum of 3 nearly 4.
Reaction score
Just being nosey (im a proper curtain twitcher).
Where will you be putting your baby to sleep, in a nursery or in your room?

Mine will be in our bedroom, mainly due to fact that it wont have a room of its own probably ever as i already have kids.

Ill be adding some things to make it more babyish, but wont be going to a massive effort, just some frames and stuff like that.

So whats your plans???

In our bedroom in moses basket at first but we also have the cot in our bedroom as im in a one bedroom flat, we are looking to move but not sure how long that will be so untill then LO will have no choice but to share with us!!

I would love to have another room for a nursery to decorate :(

Moses basket beside my bed for the first 4 months or so then into a cot in a seperate room.

beanie is coming in with us for the first year of his/her life as we have a pretty well sized bedroom. i want to be able to keep a close eye on him/her and plus i want to breastfeed!

Christine
X

Our plan is in a moses basket in the cot (my mum says that helps them adjust to the cot later) in our room for first 6th months or until we feel we have to move them out! lol

Thee is honestly no room for baby in our room, at all, unless I put it in one of my dresser drawers or something. The nursery is right across the hall, though, so I'll be there in .05 seconds if it even twitches!

Mine will be in a crib in our room for the first 6mnths or so, then into her cot or crib in the nursery, i plan on breastfeeding so it will be easier if she is right there....thats if she ever decides to make an appearance!

Well here is a situation that could easily happen, my last one slept in my room, and do you know what, he still does,and he 4!!! lol. In fact i sometimes wake up with my 6 yr old at my feet.
So one tiny little bit of advice NEVER let the baby sleep in your bed, they develope a liking for it.
This one will be in its cot, and i dont care how much it cries, lol.
I cant see it being in its own room until its about 2 though, the others would wake it up.

Not thought about it yet really, but probably in a moses basket for the first month then into the nursery.

I've read several times that it's recommended for the baby to sleep in parents' room for the first 6 months...I can make a guess at the reasons for this but does anyone know specifically why it is recommended?

Lx

Mine will be in a moses basket in our room untill he is too big for it (prob bout three weeks ha!) Then in a cot in our room to get adjusted for when we put the cot in his nursery -prob about four to six months or until he is sleeping througfh the night :baby:

I've read several times that it's recommended for the baby to sleep in parents' room for the first 6 months...I can make a guess at the reasons for this but does anyone know specifically why it is recommended?

Lx

Really? It's recommended?
Crap!
I guess I'll have to fit baby in the dresser drawer, then.
Bothersome child. :)

Baby will be in moses basket in our room, then in cot in our room - till we feel its time to move into the nursery. x

Ive got a nursery ready for baba. But he will be sleeping in am moses basket then a crib in mummy and daddys room until im ready to let him sleep on his own...:blush: then he'll move into his cot in his nursery. His nursery all ready but i wont let him sleep there.....lol bit of a worrier. XxxX

Well I still live at home with my parents and 2 sisters (aged 8 & 3) and 2 brothers (aged 18 & 13) and I share a room with my sisters, it's lucky weve got the biggest room. But there isn't loads of space to be honest. I'm going to have a moses basket right at the side of my bed for the first 6 months. And it'll be the same at my OH's house, a moses basket at the side of his bed for the first 6 months, because he still lives with his parents too. We have put our name down for a house, but that's what were doing until we get a house. Because no doubt we'll have to wait until the baby's actually here to be in more need of an house. Ah well. The only thing I'm dreading is too-ing & fro-ing from mine to OH's house with her to stay over. But I guess that's life. :lol:

I plan on a moses basket in our room for a while, then she can go into her own room!!

I was hoping that I could get LO in his own room at first but I have heard that it's good to have him nearby early on, so now I don't know...

In her crib in her nursery :D

Our upstairs is the perfect set up, the stair case goes up in bettween the 2 bedrooms we have and the doorways are straight across from each other. We dont have a very big upstairs, its more of a loft type thing, but its nice and cozy.

I'm planning on having my LO in bed with me, I'm going to do lots of reading (have ordered books) and make sure I follow all the safety precautions as there's no way I'd put my LO at risk but believe that it's the right place for my LO to be.

I'm getting quite strong views on this which I don't think I should have til I've tried it out and seen what it's like but it's what my instincts are telling me is right and I'm not arguing with them unless I find out they're wrong.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->