Which day is your favourite?

DanielleM

Reaction score
Which day is your favourite, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day or Boxing Day? And why?

We don't have much in the way of Christmas Eve traditions at the moment, so for now Christmas Day is definitely my favourite. Boxing Day is ds2 birthday so I love that too and will enjoy making that special for him even though it's a bit of a bad time to have a birthday

All the 3 days I love but all for different reasons but my favourite is Boxing Day;

Christmas Eve I love because of all the anticipation, excitement and magic in the house, but on the other hand I have so much stuff to do.

Christmas Day because obviously the giving of presents and the big family party but it is a long tiresome day with no rest.

Boxing Day in my opinion is underestimated and probably the day I enjoy the most because it is a chilled out day, kids can enjoy their presents, I can chill out and watch all my programs taped over the past week and just eat all the left over Xmas dinner and the goodies in the house. I pop out during the morning to next but that's about it!! No pressures, no time scales just really chilled out.

Christmas eve is my fabourite, I like all the planning, excitement and anticipation. I love getting into new pyjamas, watching the muppet Christmas carol, then putting the stockings out and getting into lovely fresh christmas bedsheets.

Christmas Eve is my favourite :). I love the anticipation, my children's excitement, last minute wrapping and getting everything ready for Christmas like putting the presents under the tree.

Christmas Eve is my favourite with all the anticipation of what Santa might bring. We will be spending the afternoon bowling with family and friends then it will be home for a take away and put the plates out for Santa and sprinkle magic dust outside for the reindeers

It's got to be Christmas eve for me, I love the anticipation, the smuggling up in new PJs to watch a Christmassy film, the putting a mince pie out for Father Christmas etc. Eeeeee I can't WAIT!

Christmas Day is definitely my favourite - rushing down in the morning, all the excitement of opening gifts, spending time with family and aaalllll the food!

I do love Christmas Eve though, it comes a very close second!

I really hate Boxing Day. That's FOB's time to have Lucas and it's such a lonely little come down from all the excitement of the previous few days, all that time spent with other people and snuggling with Lucas on the sofa watching Christmas films. Then Boxing Day I hand him over, everyone either goes out drinking or makes a point of staying home in their jammies and then there's me, eating uncooked stuffing on my own and going to bed at 6pm :blush::(

Christmas Eve, I love the build up and excitement that Father Christmas is coming. We are always busy in the morning but we make sure the afternoon is chilled, in our new pjs watching Christmas films snuggled up on the sofa. We always get a takeaway too. Can't wait!

I love Christmas day and Boxing day. Christmas day - I'll be getting up and going to my Mums. Watching my 7 year old sister open her gifts. I'll facetime my nephew to see him open his. Riley will open any from my Mum. Then we'll head over to OH's Mums, so that he can see his Mum for an hour. I'll finish Dinner (I always prep the night before and use slow cookers, so there's nothing to do).. Although we may have dinner later this year. Then we'll pick up OH's son, and the kids will open their gifts. We'll all get into Xmas PJ's and watch a Christmas film with some chocolate and Christmas cakes :) It's just so... adorable.

Then Boxing day - we always go to both OH's Mums and my Grans. They both put on a party, so we get to see the whole family. It's amazing. x

I love them all for different reasons, but I'd say Christmas Eve is my favourite. I love the anticipation and the magic of it, before it all becomes about greed and gluttony the following day :xmas14: Love Boxing Day too as we all go to my aunt's for games and eating of leftovers, it was a really special time when I was little and I still look forward to it now. My OH stays home with our son because my aunt is a chain smoker, so it's my chance to have a few drinks and do all our silly family traditions that everyone else (i.e. my OH) thinks are weird :haha:

Has to be christmas day for me
I work every christmas eve in retail so as you can imagine it's like a zoo lol
Also my son's 4 and is autistic so his understanding is not that of many his age it's not until he sees all the gifts that he gets really excited xx

Christmas eve definitely. There is just an air of magic,and excitement. It's my neices birthday on Christmas eve and we always go out for a meal and its a lovely atmosphere. Will be a sad one tho as my last grandfather died last week aged 98 :'(

Christmas eve definitely. There is just an air of magic,and excitement. It's my neices birthday on Christmas eve and we always go out for a meal and its a lovely atmosphere. Will be a sad one tho as my last grandfather died last week aged 98 :'(

I'm sorry for your loss, my granddad died last year just before Christmas too :hugs:

I'm sorry for your loss Louise73. <3

My favorite day is Christmas Eve, I love the anticipation and excitement of it all. Christmas Day is of course a close second, watching LOs' faces as they see all the gifts, etc. It's so rewarding to see how happy they are. In the US we don't do anything for Boxing Day, it's really just another day and usually I have to work, although this year it's a Saturday so I'll be happy to have it off and relax at home.

Xmas day! The presents and the dinner win it!

I do love the excitement of xmas eve though and i enjoy boxing day as i always go out, that's 'mammys time' after all the effort i think i deserve it.

Definitely Christmas Eve for me :D chilling out in the day, watching Xmas films, getting all the stashed food from upstairs down, preparing Father Christmas' treats and then Jacob goes to bed and getting everything ready for the morning (and rearranging the presents 100 times!)
Then relaxing with twinkly lights.. It's so lovely :)

Xmas eve rocks! I love the excitement, going to see the reindeer and all the last minute chaos followed by new pjs a nice hot bath and a baileys (hope babba arrives in time for me to enjoy a baileys this year!!) Then sorting all the pressies out. I never sleep well on christmas eve &#128517;

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->