Which names do you think are getting overused?

Popular names don't really bother me. It really bothers OH though!

I had no idea about the Aiden, Hayden, Cayden, Jayden craze when I named my son but to be honest even if I did I still would have called him Jayden because it suits him! He just looks like a Jayden!

The names being used alot around here are:

Girls - Ruby .. Specifically Ruby-Mae! I can't even count the number of Ruby-Mae's that have came along in the past year or so! Also Ella, Holly & Lily .. All the pretty girly names!

Boys - Jacob & Oliver .. Love both those names, OH would never go for it though!

I don't think I could use a common middle name, having the same first name I don't really mind, but exactly the same name is different! Like Rose, Grace & May/Mae .. They are pretty but I am fairly confident there would be another Eva Rose at school! Also the name with James for a boys middle name! Sounds good but there are loads about!

Ditto, any name will become popular if it is nice enough. People hear it, like it and use it and that is the way it will always be.
If you like a name use it and if you don't want one that will become popular then use a name people are unlikely to like.

Aiden and Caden have really become popular. They're now being used for boys and girls and I hope they die down soon. Otherwise there will be like 5 Caydens in my daycare with both genders.

Not a very nice thing to say. Very offensive to the mum of 'Kayden' funny though as it is not even in the top names of the last few years...

When I was growing up there were several Sarah's in my class... I hardly know any children with the name now, and I'm only 21! :wacko:

My sister in law gave birth yesterday and called her daughter Maisie Ann. A lovely name but not something I would personally choose.

My sister named her children Amy Louise, Scott John, Jay Curtis, Ryan Lee, Abbie Marie, Natasha Jade and Leah Faye.

I'm an Emma and was one of five in my year at school. But that doesn't bother me and I love the name.

We didn't really look at what was popular/common when we were choosing names. We choose Isaac William for a boy and Ruby Catherine for a girl.

The first names were just names that we both liked and the middle names were after my Grandad and OH's Nan. I always said if I had a boy he would be called James...but I have a great nephew called Jamie so chose a different name to avoid confusion!!!

Not gonna call out any names I find are too common as it's a personal choice and not any of my business. I just know that personally I can't use anything too common. It's a deep seeded absolute repulsion to my own common name throughout school. I want my baby's name to be unique. Though I can't control if my baby's name's gonna be popular in a few years time! :rofl: guess I'll just have to see. My mother swears blind my name wasn't common when she named me :lol:

I also think anything ending in EN are more common...There are 3 jaydens in my area! When we picked Connah it wasnt 'over used' but i knew of a few so we spelled it different and i absolutely adore it :D But now i know of 2 people who have used the same spelling xx

My mum chose french names Danielle for me and Michelle for my sister. She named me Danielle 30 years ago when the name was hardly heard of in the UK, I think I was the only Danielle in my school surrounded by Sarah's and Emma's or Katie's but now its a very different story. I think its nice to have a unique but sensible name but over time doesnt every name become more widely used?

I think it's almost impossible to predict, unless you pick something really off the wall you can't tell what people are going to name their babies. That's why it's important to pick the name you love most and not worry about what might be overly popular

My Lo is Madelyn and I had never heard of anyone called it before and it wasn't in the top 100 names in 2008/2009 but everyone on here seems to think its popular. Not sure :shrug: I just go with names I like

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->